Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At what point can I ask for like a free t-shirt or free floor mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a quite different buying experience than other cars. I don't miss the fake "Let me talk to my manager" stuff car dealers pull. They could just send you a SWAG bag after you buy the car but maybe they know Tesla owners are enthusiastic enough?

I bought a car from Carvana a few years ago and they had a small bag of stuff on the front passenger seat upon delivery. Stuff like water bottle, a Frisbee for the dog, magnetics, etc. It was a nice touch.

Someone mentioned in another thread here about the $1,000 muffin they would get when they took their Lexus in for service. So the "free" stuff adds up somewhere.

Reactions: rah7777 and Impaler
It's a quite different buying experience than other cars. I don't miss the fake "Let me talk to my manager" stuff car dealers pull. They could just send you a SWAG bag after you buy the car but maybe they know Tesla owners are enthusiastic enough?

I bought a car from Carvana a few years ago and they had a small bag of stuff on the front passenger seat upon delivery. Stuff like water bottle, a Frisbee for the dog, magnetics, etc. It was a nice touch.

Someone mentioned in another thread here about the $1,000 muffin they would get when they took their Lexus in for service. So the "free" stuff adds up somewhere.
Except Tesla has replaced "Let me talk to my manager" with let me check with service manager about these alignment issues and as per service manager it's all with in specs :D
Tesla is no saint anymore. If you stay here long enough you will find out.

after spending time here and elsewhere online I know better than to expect or even to hope for it
....but I have this feeling that a progressive company such as Tesla, selling cars priced in somewhat of a premium market and with their sort of radical sales model would have some sort of luxury presentation experience for delivery
...red carpet treatment... customer greeted with drinks and being made to feel important, then being respectfully ushered to a car that has been gone over carefully, and placed under the spotlight in a dedicated delivery garage parked on top of a red carpet...music playing...with a pile of all sorts of swag...Tesla logo Yeti cup maybe, a classy looking logo golf shirt perhaps, maybe a nice logo messenger bag or backpack, etc...
It would all be very silly...but at the same time really very cheap and easy to do & I'll bet would serve to butter up that excitement even more so that customers leave feeling great, as opposed to leaving bitter sweet with a standing service appointment!

after spending time here and elsewhere online I know better than to expect or even to hope for it
....but I have this feeling that a progressive company such as Tesla, selling cars priced in somewhat of a premium market and with their sort of radical sales model would have some sort of luxury presentation experience for delivery
...red carpet treatment... customer greeted with drinks and being made to feel important, then being respectfully ushered to a car that has been gone over carefully, and placed under the spotlight in a dedicated delivery garage parked on top of a red carpet...music playing...with a pile of all sorts of swag...Tesla logo Yeti cup maybe, a classy looking logo golf shirt perhaps, maybe a nice logo messenger bag or backpack, etc...
It would all be very silly...but at the same time really very cheap and easy to do & I'll bet would serve to butter up that excitement even more so that customers leave feeling great, as opposed to leaving bitter sweet with a standing service appointment!

OTOH, if you are selling more than you can make, why bother with niceties since it doesn't actually seem to matter. Sux to be us.

Except in my instance, Tesla replaced that with - I'm not going to talk to you, return phone calls or reply to text messages but all is/was forgiven when they delivered a dam near PERFECT Model Y.

Yes...the whole multiple channels of communication with Tesla employees, especially during the sales cycle, seems disjointed. I received voice mails, text messages and when I tried to return them it was hours or days before someone responded. Emails that I sent with questions took days to respond or no response at all.

So for what it is worth, I had a series of delivery calamities that in my mind ventured into the "swag to make the customer happy" category. I flat out asked for anything to make it up to me,like applying my Son's referral code to my order, and was pretty much laughed at. He did say "well, I could give you a 14-50 adapter". I declined since I had already ordered mine for when it was supposed to be delivered the first time.