Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you prefer they deliver to your door? Wouldn't it be better to have it done at the service center so you can point out any visible issues to them? Should note though that I didn't experience any during my pickup.

So I text the delivery person today, and they said there were “some changes.” The car will be delivered tomorrow...

Yes, I would probably rather go to a service center. However, now I feel it is too little too late. I am going to print out the delivery checklist, make note, and try to see if any issues will be severe enough to deny delivery.

Hey guys! Got delivery of my Model 3 yesterday. While I have been reading all your posts but never really posted anything, thought I would take this opportunity to do so. I am so thankful for these posts and I am happy to say that Tesla did not disappoint except for one little thing (which I am so glad they screwed up).

I ordered a M3 AWD Midnight metallic silver with aero wheels on Oct 6, 2018 (said 4-8 weeks delivery). I decided on Oct 18 to change my car color to black and upgrade to 19” wheels, could not do it online (no edit button) so had to call-customer rep sent me a email to which I responded with my intended changes ( was told then that it would not change delivery schedule). Call a week later to confirm as my Tesla account still had not changed , was told it is in the right hands but the delivery might be delayed. Get an email Oct 30 from DA saying I might be able to take delivery Nov 23 provided I keep the original config ( as my change never went through) and I am so glad it did not. My car is absolutely stunning!

My delivery advisor was/is absolutely the best (only email communication but extremely prompt). His English is debatable (Just kidding- I think he was speaking into his android phone or something to convert to text for his email responses). Anyways my delivery got moved up by a week to Nov 16th and it was a home delivery. Based on all the delivery stories I have read, I expected the worst but man was I wrong. My delivery experience was nothing short of perfect. Jonathan from the Roswell SC was there to personally home deliver the car and he stayed over an hour or more and meticulously went through pretty much everything (including some dumb questions from me) including trying to program my Homelink ( there were hardware problems with garage remote). My car is pretty much flawless and I did get the dual motor badge on the car- so yes looks like Tesla has started adding the dual motor badges on the back of the car. So a shout out to Deshun & Jon- excellent service.

I think Tesla is turning things around with the delivery process. Getting my car from order to delivery in 40 days with no problems whatsoever I think has been outstanding on Tesla’s part. Needless to say, the driving is exhilarating and mind you I drove a WRX before the Model 3. Yes I am going to miss driving the stick shift ,but in my opinion I absolutely made the right decision to upgrade to a Model 3.

E851784D-57D5-47C5-BA5A-AE7C8A62F468.jpeg

3B0DC2E6-5D55-4709-AE50-040F2851CAFE.jpeg

Hey guys! Got delivery of my Model 3 yesterday. While I have been reading all your posts but never really posted anything, thought I would take this opportunity to do so. I am so thankful for these posts and I am happy to say that Tesla did not disappoint except for one little thing (which I am so glad they screwed up).

I ordered a M3 AWD Midnight metallic silver with aero wheels on Oct 6, 2018 (said 4-8 weeks delivery). I decided on Oct 18 to change my car color to black and upgrade to 19” wheels, could not do it online (no edit button) so had to call-customer rep sent me a email to which I responded with my intended changes ( was told then that it would not change delivery schedule). Call a week later to confirm as my Tesla account still had not changed , was told it is in the right hands but the delivery might be delayed. Get an email Oct 30 from DA saying I might be able to take delivery Nov 23 provided I keep the original config ( as my change never went through) and I am so glad it did not. My car is absolutely stunning!

My delivery advisor was/is absolutely the best (only email communication but extremely prompt). His English is debatable (Just kidding- I think he was speaking into his android phone or something to convert to text for his email responses). Anyways my delivery got moved up by a week to Nov 16th and it was a home delivery. Based on all the delivery stories I have read, I expected the worst but man was I wrong. My delivery experience was nothing short of perfect. Jonathan from the Roswell SC was there to personally home deliver the car and he stayed over an hour or more and meticulously went through pretty much everything (including some dumb questions from me) including trying to program my Homelink ( there were hardware problems with garage remote). My car is pretty much flawless and I did get the dual motor badge on the car- so yes looks like Tesla has started adding the dual motor badges on the back of the car. So a shout out to Deshun & Jon- excellent service.

I think Tesla is turning things around with the delivery process. Getting my car from order to delivery in 40 days with no problems whatsoever I think has been outstanding on Tesla’s part. Needless to say, the driving is exhilarating and mind you I drove a WRX before the Model 3. Yes I am going to miss driving the stick shift ,but in my opinion I absolutely made the right decision to upgrade to a Model 3.

Congrats on your delivery!

I'm still trying to decide if I want the dual motor badge or not. I was talking to the service center the other day and they mentioned it as being on my account. I guess I have the option if I want it, but I kind of like the clean look without it.

Order MR on 10/31
Black/black with 18 aero wheels with EAP
Scheduled home delivery set for 12/11 but need to get that changed as I am on vacation that day. I’m going to stop by Alpharetta SC and talk to someone there and try and change to a SC delivery.

Order MR on 10/31
Black/black with 18 aero wheels with EAP
Scheduled home delivery set for 12/11 but need to get that changed as I am on vacation that day. I’m going to stop by Alpharetta SC and talk to someone there and try and change to a SC delivery.

We might be on same truck!!
Got text today (11/21) Delivery on 12/11, home.
Ordered on 11/18, changed on 11/20 to black interior ( originally ordered white seats but after reading forms, was worried about getting it this year)
MR
Black/Black
18inch wheels
EAP
No Vin

Best of luck to everyone else!

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
We might be on same truck!!
Got text today (11/21) Delivery on 12/11, home.
Ordered on 11/18, changed on 11/20 to black interior ( originally ordered white seats but after reading forms, was worried about getting it this year)
MR
Black/Black
18inch wheels
EAP
No Vin

Best of luck to everyone else!

Today they sent another text with updated delivery date to my house on 12-7.

Just got my text today about an estimated delivery (MR Red EAP) of 12/4 at the Alpharetta / Roswell Tesla. Very excited.

Got a call back after responding to the text trying to schedule a new date. Based on what I’d read I was fully expecting them to ignore me, so I was very surprised to get the call. Apparently my car will be in ATL on 11/28, so I’m now taking delivery on 12/1 since I’ll be in town for a birthday and the SEC championship game.

Got a call back after responding to the text trying to schedule a new date. Based on what I’d read I was fully expecting them to ignore me, so I was very surprised to get the call. Apparently my car will be in ATL on 11/28, so I’m now taking delivery on 12/1 since I’ll be in town for a birthday and the SEC championship game.

Good to hear....sounds like it will be a FULL few days all with good stuff.

So... Any other TN residents who took delivery in GA? Looking to find out how long I should be waiting for my license plate. I took delivery 10/25 and the temporary tag expires 12/9, fingers crossed that all the paperwork was submitted correctly.

I drove by the Alpharetta SC today and seen 3 full truck loads being offloaded. On my way back home to stopped and walked the lot. The lot was completely full and no where to park. I talked to the guy checking in the vehicles and he said they just got 200 vehicles delivered to them this week alone. I was looking at the VINS to see if mine was delivered which I didn’t find but I did find the one right under mine. I was looking for XX235 but found XX234. So I assume mine was there or on the next truck. As I left there was another full truck pulling up to off load. They are going to be some busy people getting them all delivered

• Informative
I drove by the Alpharetta SC today and seen 3 full truck loads being offloaded. On my way back home to stopped and walked the lot. The lot was completely full and no where to park. I talked to the guy checking in the vehicles and he said they just got 200 vehicles delivered to them this week alone. I was looking at the VINS to see if mine was delivered which I didn’t find but I did find the one right under mine. I was looking for XX235 but found XX234. So I assume mine was there or on the next truck. As I left there was another full truck pulling up to off load. They are going to be some busy people getting them all delivered

My son and I went two weeks ago to look at car color combinations and there was no room for any more cars. God I hope there was a method to how they placed cars because it would be a nightmare trying to get a car out as tight as they were packed .

There was also a driver there who had been waiting hours to have room to unload... I love seeing this many Tesla's hit the road!!

On a positive note, my DA let me know yesterday that my car was scheduled for arrival today for my 12/11 delivery. She's trying to get me pushed up to next week!

Maybe someone's elses car in this thread is there also!!

If you go by there tomorrow looking again, let me know if you see a MSM w/Aero VIN #xx697. I am now supposed to pick up Saturday driving over from Birmingham. If you find it let me know how she looks.

Thanks.

My son and I went two weeks ago to look at car color combinations and there was no room for any more cars. God I hope there was a method to how they placed cars because it would be a nightmare trying to get a car out as tight as they were packed .

There was also a driver there who had been waiting hours to have room to unload... I love seeing this many Tesla's hit the road!!

On a positive note, my DA let me know yesterday that my car was scheduled for arrival today for my 12/11 delivery. She's trying to get me pushed up to next week!

Maybe someone's elses car in this thread is there also!!

I certainly wouldn’t want to be the lot guy. I seen plenty of cars with dates written on the windshields also some that had “needs to be scheduled” written also. My delivery was 12/11 but I asked it to be moved up as I will be out of the country so now it’s sceduled for the 7th but hoping for it to be earlier

View attachment 353390

View attachment 353391
Congrats! Another MSM in Marietta! See you on the Square, maybe!

Reactions: srjinatl
Today I dropped by the SC to see if i could spot what I thought could be my car. After walking the lot with my son for a while we found my exact car with my delivery date written on window!

I called tesla to see if i could move up my delivery date (scheduled for 12/11) and the guy i spoke with was extremely helpful. He was able to get my VIN for me, let me know that my car had made it to GA on the 30th but it was in a holding center somewhere near the SC where at home delivery cars are held until delivery.

After talking with him he was able to get me an appoint met tomorrow at 4pm for home delivery which is 8 days earlier than scheduled. He was able to get my MVPA to me in about 10 minutes also. Make sure you read over it before you sign or submit to 3rd party lender, he accidentally inputed wrong down payment for me.

Lets just hope my bank can get the wire transfer over before delivery.

Also, anyone on here taking delivery of a black m3 with 19" wheels, please take a good look at drivers door. Did not get a pic a VIN but there was one in the SC lot with a really bad dinged up drivers door. Most likely due to how close they park cars to each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.