Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by the staff at the Avalon store Tuesday that the Roswell location is NOT available for delivery and that it was just being used as a holding lot for the Decatur deliveries. Perhaps they were mistaken but they told me that all Atlanta area deliveries were still taking place in Decatur. This may have changed or they were mistaken but that's what they told me.

Dan

The wait is killing me...
Owner (had a RWD that I got in April, then someone sideswiped me in May and insurance totaled the car)
Ordered 7/11/18
PM3, Blue, Black interior, 18" wheels
EAP
Estimated delivery Aug-Oct
No VIN yet

Hard living in Atlanta with no car, even though I know the wait will be worth it. The RWD was a dream, so I can't even imagine how much fun the Performance version will be.

The wait is killing me...
Owner (had a RWD that I got in April, then someone sideswiped me in May and insurance totaled the car)
Ordered 7/11/18
PM3, Blue, Black interior, 18" wheels
EAP
Estimated delivery Aug-Oct
No VIN yet

Hard living in Atlanta with no car, even though I know the wait will be worth it. The RWD was a dream, so I can't even imagine how much fun the Performance version will be.
Dang, this bursts the bubble that folks whose cars get totaled in the real world can somehow jump the line to get their replacements. I've never been a drug user, but perhaps it's a bit like a junkie who can't get their fix anymore. Hang in there.

For those who live north of Atlanta, the new service center in Alpharetta (not the Avalon showroom) is apparently now available for Model 3

I was told by Lenox Sales that a Delivery Center would soon open at a new location Sandy Springs. Deliveries were once done from Marietta, but not any longer (Sandy Springs and Decatur are not that far apart, so not sure of that logic.). Not sure what other services a Sandy Springs location would provide.... maybe he meant Alpharetta?

How are Georgia buyers handling your trades-ins? Anyone feel their offer was too low and will do a private sale of their old vehicle?

With the sales tax deducted from the value of your trade-in, I’d think you’d have to be sure you can sell it for at least 110% of the trade-in to make it worth it......

I was told by Lenox Sales that a Delivery Center would soon open at a new location Sandy Springs. Deliveries were once done from Marietta, but not any longer (Sandy Springs and Decatur are not that far apart, so not sure of that logic.). Not sure what other services a Sandy Springs location would provide.... maybe he meant Alpharetta?

Not aware of a 4th service center for ATL, especially NORTH of the perimeter (I can see one on the South side eventually, maybe). But the Alpharetta on is open, and delivering cars. I have a service appointment there on Monday to take care of some small stuff.

Not aware of a 4th service center for ATL, especially NORTH of the perimeter (I can see one on the South side eventually, maybe). But the Alpharetta on is open, and delivering cars. I have a service appointment there on Monday to take care of some small stuff.
My guess is that an employee in Lenox described Sandy Springs when he meant Alpharetta. When you live in Lenox, I guess that anything up 400 and OTP is "Sandy Springs."

How are Georgia buyers handling your trades-ins? Anyone feel their offer was too low and will do a private sale of their old vehicle?

With the sales tax deducted from the value of your trade-in, I’d think you’d have to be sure you can sell it for at least 110% of the trade-in to make it worth it......
Didn’t even consider a trade in with Tesla. Keeping the old car a month or so until the car is done with detail work (ppf and ceramic coat). Feels like getting into a jalopy when I drive that old car now.

Reactions: MikeATL
Didn’t even consider a trade in with Tesla. Keeping the old car a month or so until the car is done with detail work (ppf and ceramic coat). Feels like getting into a jalopy when I drive that old car now.

Where are you getting that done? Would you mind sharing how much that's setting you back? I'm likely to do the ceramic coat, but an really on the fence about the PPF. All the ballpark prices I've seen made me stop and wonder if it wouldn't be more cost effective to instead just repair the minor dings and scratches as they happen

My 3 is going to be replacing an 11yo Nissan Frontier as my daily driver. I never did heavy off-roading with it but at the same time, I also cared for it like a utility vehicle. Poor thing probably only got a bath once every other year. When I looked at the dings and scrapes I've accumulated, it's not that bad and, while I could be completely wrong, I didn't feel it would be more than say maybe $1500 to get it looking like new again.

Where are you getting that done? Would you mind sharing how much that's setting you back? I'm likely to do the ceramic coat, but an really on the fence about the PPF. All the ballpark prices I've seen made me stop and wonder if it wouldn't be more cost effective to instead just repair the minor dings and scratches as they happen

My 3 is going to be replacing an 11yo Nissan Frontier as my daily driver. I never did heavy off-roading with it but at the same time, I also cared for it like a utility vehicle. Poor thing probably only got a bath once every other year. When I looked at the dings and scrapes I've accumulated, it's not that bad and, while I could be completely wrong, I didn't feel it would be more than say maybe $1500 to get it looking like new again.
FWIW, I paid $2800 for full XPEL Ultimate wrap back in the spring via a bulk buy, in Duluth. Plus $200 to matte the console. His regular price for that wrap is $3500. It has been great to have the car wrapped; big stress-reliever for me. LMK if you want his info and I can dig it up.

Reactions: gtbuzz
OK, that's new then. I was told that the Marietta, Roswell, and Decatur locations were all service centers but they were only doing deliveries out of Decatur. My understanding was that they were using the Roswell facility as a holding lot before going on down to Decatur for delivery. Can you request delivery in Roswell then?

Dan

Dang, this bursts the bubble that folks whose cars get totaled in the real world can somehow jump the line to get their replacements. I've never been a drug user, but perhaps it's a bit like a junkie who can't get their fix anymore. Hang in there.
Oh yeah, I called with that hope and the customer service rep was very nice but told me I'd have to go to the back of the line.

I’m going to Ceramic Pro of Dothan Al. A full ceramic coating (“Gold” Package w/ 10yr warranty) is $2190 our the door. Includes paint correction, window and glass treatments as well as 4 ceramic coats on body. Not sure if this is overkill or a fair price but it’s local and guy has really good reviews. The Xpel is just going on the front bumper and they charge 20% service fee above cost of kit, which is around $400.

@suwaneedad I’m very curious to know where you got the matte console (console matted? So confusing) done and what your feelings are on that. Was it worth the $200? And are you satisfied with the work now that several months have passed? Thanks.
AutoNCustom in Duluth (on Buford Hwy).
The glossy console drove me insane for several reasons: reflection/glare; every speck of dust on display; easily scratched.
So yes the $200 was well worth it for me, but I don't know whether that is the normal price or was just the 'adder' price since I was already doing the exterior (not in matte...too pricey).
I am very happy with the work (nearly five months now).

Hope you get your AWD soon.
And sorry to see that your LEAF is deceased.

Hope you get your AWD soon.
And sorry to see that your LEAF is deceased.

Thanks for the info, pretty sure that glossy console is going to drive me bananas as well. And don't be sorry about the Leaf, I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it was a great little (short range) car. It was my daughter's daily driver and she was rear ended by someone in an F-150 at what appeared to be very high speed (he wasn't paying attention). The wreck totaled the Leaf and my daughter walked away unharmed, so that's why I say I'm not sorry. The Leaf did it's job and protected her. Plus the ownership experience was my gateway drug to full EV ownership with the Model 3!

Reactions: suwaneedad
Status
Not open for further replies.