Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a call from a 404 Tesla number. My delivery was scheduled for Thursday at 11:30 at Decatur but I've been moved to Alpharetta at the same time. He mentioned that Decatur was at capacity so some people are having to be moved.

Fine by me, Alpharetta is a longer drive home :)

Just got a call from a 404 Tesla number. My delivery was scheduled for Thursday at 11:30 at Decatur but I've been moved to Alpharetta at the same time. He mentioned that Decatur was at capacity so some people are having to be moved.

Switch with me, I live a few minutes away from Alpharetta location and also scheduled on Thursday :p haha. Lucky for you, Alpharetta is supposed to be a better experience :)

Reactions: gtbuzz

That's great - hope I get the same call! Not looking forward to going to Decatur for pickup. I finally got my trade-in valuation - so now waiting on the MVPA - clock is ticking - delivery supposed to be Tuesday...

Switch with me, I live a few minutes away from Alpharetta location and also scheduled on Thursday :p haha. Lucky for you, Alpharetta is supposed to be a better experience :)

I'm actually pretty thrilled I got moved. Decatur was not my preferred location, but I didn't want to do anything to rock the boat.

Plus, the older I get the more I dread going ITP, except for football games. This year even that looks like it's going up be unpleasant.

I'm actually pretty thrilled I got moved. Decatur was not my preferred location, but I didn't want to do anything to rock the boat.

Plus, the older I get the more I dread going ITP, except for football games. This year even that looks like it's going up be unpleasant.
Oh yes, I agree! If they delay my current appointment (which I expect), I will ask them to reschedule it to alpharetta.

Just talked to Tesla at Decatur...my delivery date is schedule for the 27th...he said it looked like my car would arrive on the 22nd and that I could take delivery on the 23rd if all is good. Send good vibes. Fingers crossed lol

Reactions: MikeATL
Stopped by Decatur today to see if my car was on the lot... it wasn't.

The lot was half empty compared to when I saw it a few weeks ago.. to clarify...that means 100% of the parking spaces were full of cars, but the aisles (and every other empty piece of pavement) was no longer crammed with vehicles. That has got to be a lot more efficient for them not having cars stacked on top of each other.

I asked someone in the office if I should have been contacted by a local person since my delivery is the Saturday 9/22. He indicated I might not hear from someone local until the day before. He also said Alpharetta-Roswell is now officially open as another delivery center and even if I am scheduled for Decatur, I should be prepared to move to Alpharetta-Roswell if that's where they want to deliver my car.

Reactions: KAUSTIN
He also said Alpharetta-Roswell is now officially open as another delivery center and even if I am scheduled for Decatur, I should be prepared to move to Alpharetta-Roswell if that's where they want to deliver my car.
And then... no one contacted me, but late Monday night it looks like they changed my delivery location and my webpage now lists Alpharetta-Roswell as my delivery location (same time, same VIN.)

As expected, I got rescheduled yesterday from the 20th to 27th. Looks like a huge batch of cars is coming in next week as I know of several people who now have delivery appointments next week. I'm also moved to Alpharetta now, which I think is good news for both those picking up in Alpharetta as well as Decator as it will spread the load this last week of Q3 (which I think is going to be hectic).

Interesting - I am hoping that happens with mine as well - my date got delayed to next Monday. Was supposed to be today originally...
Just got off the phone with Katie in Alpharetta and she said my car should arrive in a couple days but it looks like it’s in transit to Decatur..not sure why my Tesla page was updated to Alpharetta. Interesting. I guess I’ll know where to go when they call haha

Just got off the phone with Katie in Alpharetta and she said my car should arrive in a couple days but it looks like it’s in transit to Decatur..not sure why my Tesla page was updated to Alpharetta. Interesting. I guess I’ll know where to go when they call haha

Yep - right after I posted that I went to my account page and noticed that my location had been changed to Alpharetta as well - hopefully that turns out to be the case as it is much much closer to me than Decatur is.

So... I emailed my DA whether I could change to Alpharetta yesterday. This morning, I woke up and noticed the new location (same day & time). I assumed it was his doing, but he just replied that "Unfortunately, we are not able to change Delivery Location at this time." on my request to change to Alpharetta. :p

My guess is that the DC change was automated to evenly distribute load over the two DC's, and that people cannot make changes to disrupt the schedules. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is going to cause some last minute delivery issues with cars at the wrong location or wrong dates/times set for people.

My scheduled date was 9/21 in Decatur. I checked it just now, only because I saw this post, and noticed that they've changed mine to Alpharetta as well. I did not receive a call or email notification about the change and it's very likely I would have driven to Decatur on Friday and been pretty frustrated. I'll go wherever I need to go and I understand Tesla is overwhelmed with logistics, so no hard feelings. But FWIW, I live in town so this has changed from a 15-minute drive to at least a 40-minute drive out into some of the worst suburban traffic on a Friday. At least I can test the autopilot on the way home.

I called Tesla Decatur today and they told me that they had moved my delivery to Alpharetta (was glad I called at the time, no communication otherwise) and that Decatur was too cramped. They also told me they are getting more 3s on Saturday morning, 9/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.