Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame that Tesla is really doing a shoddy job and can't be bothered about overall customer experience. Why send premature messages to customers, make them pay and make arrangements for false delivery dates. This company is happy to accept full upfront payment well north of $50K from most of us, only to keep shifting the posts. How can anyone believe the same excuse of "in transit" being given within 24 hours of delivery, each time? ......., 10/19, 10/25.

We understand there is a logistics challenge. Folks have work to do and lives to plan too.

Hopefully, Tesla will improve things going forward.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Such a shame that Tesla is really doing a shoddy job and can't be bothered about overall customer experience. Why send premature messages to customers, make them pay and make arrangements for false delivery dates. This company is happy to accept full upfront payment well north of $50K from most of us, only to keep shifting the posts. How can anyone believe the same excuse of "in transit" being given within 24 hours of delivery, each time? ......., 10/19, 10/25.

We understand there is a logistics challenge. Folks have work to do and lives to plan too.

Hopefully, Tesla will improve things going forward.

I fully agree. Tesla should do better. I wonder if people in the West Coast have these issues. Or perhaps they're more of an issue to the East Coast people. I don't follow any other delivery threads to get a sense if these are east coast problems.

I got an email from my delivery advisor the day after ordering my LR RWD. Not sure that’s a normal data point since it had the shortest quoted delivery time.

That's extremely fast from what I've read on other threads. I've just wondered when I should start poking for more info. It's only bee a week an a couple days so a little too early as of right now.

Reactions: neroden
My delivery advisor canceled my trade-in without my consent and still hasn't returned my calls after a week.

Needless to say, I'm not anticipating taking delivery on October 30th.

This is the *sugar* that pisses me off about my experience so far. I was one of the unfortunate people that had their wheels switched from aero to sport a few weeks ago. Stop doing *sugar* without my consent. No i don't want to pay extra for your sport wheels. Thanks for making me lose my spot in line and have to deal with customer support 8 times to get my order switched back to aero.

Got a call from the Alpharetta delivery center late yesterday confirming that my car had arrived! They said everything looked good and they would have it ready to go for my Friday afternoon delivery. Wish I wasn’t out of town so I could swing by and put my own eyes on the car, but I guess I’ll have to trust them. Thought I would share a bit of good news since my posts have made me sound like such a Debbie Downer lately. Hope all you guys waiting get yours as scheduled!

Got a call from the Alpharetta delivery center late yesterday confirming that my car had arrived! They said everything looked good and they would have it ready to go for my Friday afternoon delivery. Wish I wasn’t out of town so I could swing by and put my own eyes on the car, but I guess I’ll have to trust them. Thought I would share a bit of good news since my posts have made me sound like such a Debbie Downer lately. Hope all you guys waiting get yours as scheduled!

Congratulations! It feels like we've been on a rollercoaster reading your ups and downs in delivery. Keep us updated on how the delivery goes :)

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce

Awesome that your car is here...just maybe our similar cars came on the same truck - I know - wishful thinking on my part! Hope you finally get to enjoy your new car this Friday! Best of luck!

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Glad to hear it mate. I’ve confirmed the same today. Car is on site and waiting for Thursday delivery. Sounds like we started our ordeal 1-day apart and we’ll end it the same. Please share pics after Friday’s delivery :)

So here’s the update and it’s not good. My car isn’t in Alpharetta yet, still showing “in transit” which apparently translates into “we have no idea where your car is.” Ended up speaking with the delivery manager there who it turns out was the same young man I spoke with yesterday who was of very little help. Asked about a loaner, he said they don’t have any and can’t get me one. Not today, not tomorrow. We spoke about other options (meaning I asked, he didn’t offer anything) and nothing worked. At my insistence he called Avalon to see if they had a test drive vehicle they could spare as a loaner for me, he called me back and said they didn’t have anything they could spare. I asked if they had another car in my configuration that wasn’t assigned to anyone, and they guy literally said “I’ll have to check.” I mean, wouldn’t you check that before you call someone to cancel? Anyway when he called back he said not only do they not have any cars that match my configuration, they don’t even have any in my color.

Other than really being disappointed in both the outcome and the apparent lack of concern for how negatively this is impacting me (you know, the customer?), I was amazed by one bit of information the guy shared. While we were talking about loaners etc he basically told me this happens to so many people and its a known issue so Tesla can’t and won’t offer a loaner or any other sort of remedy for customers in my situation.
So, first of all, he's lying. Lots of other service centers both give people loaners and give people rental casrs in your situation (specifically the situation where someone has sold their only car because of a delivery date given them by Tesla).

Second, you have this dude's name? You need to find a way to do executive escalation. I think you can't do it in your account until you get a car, so maybe you can get a friend to do it for you. Next step after that is to get a lawyer, since they *owe* you. The Alpharetta guy needs to be fired, obviously.

The tone he took with me was one of indignation that I would even ask, which made my blood pressure spike a bit. I pressed him and he said “this happens to hundreds of people each week.” And I was like, wait, back up, are you telling me that HUNDREDS of delivery appointments get delayed every week in Alpharetta? So then he thought a moment about my question (and probably realized he was using hyperbole too much) and changed his tune to “well, maybe not each week but for sure hundreds each month.” So I repeated and asked him to confirm that hundreds of delivery appointments each month are cancelled in Alpharetta, and he said YES.

If true, that is a shockingly bad record of on time deliveries. They previously told me they delivered over 500 Model 3s last month, so if you figure another 150 S/X that’s 650 or optimistically 700 per month. If 200 get delayed that’s almost 30% of customers experiencing some sort of delay. I’m no logistics expert, but I would not consider that to be good. My wife’s reaction to this entire debacle was exactly what most people will do if Tesla doesn’t get their sh*t together, she said “this is terrible, just cancel the order and go buy a BMW today.”
Have you contacted the Delivery Hotline 888-771-2505 ? That might be a way to get executives breathing down the neck of the loser at Alpharetta. They owe you a car to drive, and most of the other delivery centers understand that.

PS -- now that your car's actually arrived in Alpharetta, I realize you'll probably just accept the car and forget about the delivery history. But you're absolutely right -- Tesla is alienating its customers and this will hurt them long term. A lot. I thought you should know that standard practice at other delivery centers is to treat customers better than Alpharetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.