Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully agree. Tesla should do better. I wonder if people in the West Coast have these issues. Or perhaps they're more of an issue to the East Coast people. I don't follow any other delivery threads to get a sense if these are east coast problems.
I have been following them. Initially, everyone was having problems. Things seem to have straightened out for people served out of Devon PA or Mt. Kisco NY, as well as for most of the West Coast (though oddly, not San Francisco). Georgia still seems to be a severe weak point.

Reactions: gtphotog
So, first of all, he's lying. Lots of other service centers both give people loaners and give people rental casrs in your situation (specifically the situation where someone has sold their only car because of a delivery date given them by Tesla).

Second, you have this dude's name? You need to find a way to do executive escalation. I think you can't do it in your account until you get a car, so maybe you can get a friend to do it for you. Next step after that is to get a lawyer, since they *owe* you. The Alpharetta guy needs to be fired, obviously.

Have you contacted the Delivery Hotline 888-771-2505 ? That might be a way to get executives breathing down the neck of the loser at Alpharetta. They owe you a car to drive, and most of the other delivery centers understand that.

PS -- now that your car's actually arrived in Alpharetta, I realize you'll probably just accept the car and forget about the delivery history. But you're absolutely right -- Tesla is alienating its customers and this will hurt them long term. A lot. I thought you should know that standard practice at other delivery centers is to treat customers better than Alpharetta.

Thanks Neroden, I always appreciate your very informative posts and your passion about the situation. And you’re right, now that my delivery seems imminent, there isn’t much point in picking a fight with this guy. I am however considering sending a very thoughtful letter to one of the leaders at Tesla who I just happen to have come across recently. She’s not an executive, more of a regional manager. My first priority is getting my car, and after that I’ll think it through and decide. I’m telling myself that my motivation for doing so is that Tesla management needs to understand how bad things are and what the long term consequences are, so writing this letter and detailing my situation and all the bullshiz I encountered is beneficial long term for Tesla. I just need to calm down (after I get my car!) and look within to make sure that vengeance isn’t my motivation. Once I’m satisfied with that, I will write and send that letter.

Thanks Neroden, I always appreciate your very informative posts and your passion about the situation. And you’re right, now that my delivery seems imminent, there isn’t much point in picking a fight with this guy. I am however considering sending a very thoughtful letter to one of the leaders at Tesla who I just happen to have come across recently. She’s not an executive, more of a regional manager. My first priority is getting my car, and after that I’ll think it through and decide. I’m telling myself that my motivation for doing so is that Tesla management needs to understand how bad things are and what the long term consequences are, so writing this letter and detailing my situation and all the bullshiz I encountered is beneficial long term for Tesla. I just need to calm down (after I get my car!) and look within to make sure that vengeance isn’t my motivation. Once I’m satisfied with that, I will write and send that letter.

I have thought of doing the same once I take delivery - would be interested to hear if you get any meaningful response should you decide to send that letter. I think it is important that those in mgmt get some perspective from the customer side on all of this - hopefully they are aware of most, if not all, of what has been happening - but in case they have been fed a line that the kinds of issues that you have run into are isolated - the more feedback they get to the contrary may help in the longer term.

Reactions: neroden
Good luck tomorrow @Rodrique78 and @veerrrsix. Hopefully, both of you get a good nights sleep tonight. Let us know how it goes tomorrow!
Thanks! Getting some sleep tonight might be a challenge. I got a call from the delivery center this afternoon and everything is on track for tomorrow evening. I actually could have moved it up to today but didn’t have a ride down from Chattanooga. planning to do the ACH final payment after reviewing the car.

Reactions: apearson
Got a call from the Alpharetta delivery center late yesterday confirming that my car had arrived! They said everything looked good and they would have it ready to go for my Friday afternoon delivery. Wish I wasn’t out of town so I could swing by and put my own eyes on the car, but I guess I’ll have to trust them. Thought I would share a bit of good news since my posts have made me sound like such a Debbie Downer lately. Hope all you guys waiting get yours as scheduled!

Congratulations but keeping my fingers crossed for a perfect delivery. No problem on the "Debbie Downer" as they pretty much are trying everyone's patience. I hope you have a great delivery tomorrow with no issues.

I showed up about 1 hour early and they freed up so we were ready to get started early. But since the computer had my appt at 6 PM, when we tried to link the phones at 5:30, they wouldn't work. So if you do manage to get there before your appt, remember this tidbit as they can fix it on the computer and you don't have to wait.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I hope everyone with cars scheduled for today and tomorrow as well as this weekend get their cars OK. So far I'm pretty happy with mine and I plan to get it wrapped and ceramic coated next week. That stuff is really expensive.

Yeah - you are not kidding - I think I am going to have to settle for wrapping the front and sides and then ceramic coating - that will be expensive enough!

On another note - VIN showed up in my account right on cue today as I am now less than a week away. Submitted the e-signed MVPA a couple of days ago - so now counting down the days until next Thursday - hopefully my car will show up on time.

Reactions: windgrins
Continuing my string of POSITIVE comments, I got a call from Alpharetta today just confirming that I was still available for my scheduled delivery tomorrow afternoon, which of course I am! She said everything looks great with the car, reminded me to have the app installed on my phone and my wife’s (although she swears she’ll never drive this car), confirmed payment method, and said see you tomorrow! :)

Getting super excited now, can’t wait. I’ll be driving this car in just over 24 hours. Not sure how well I will sleep tonight, but who cares!!! Wishing everyone else the best with their deliveries.

Continuing my string of POSITIVE comments, I got a call from Alpharetta today just confirming that I was still available for my scheduled delivery tomorrow afternoon, which of course I am! She said everything looks great with the car, reminded me to have the app installed on my phone and my wife’s (although she swears she’ll never drive this car), confirmed payment method, and said see you tomorrow! :)

Getting super excited now, can’t wait. I’ll be driving this car in just over 24 hours. Not sure how well I will sleep tonight, but who cares!!! Wishing everyone else the best with their deliveries.

That's awesome - looking forward to some pics from you from the delivery! Hang in there - you are almost to the finish line! And as for your wife swearing she will never drive it - I am getting the same from mine - I think she is terrified of it to be honest - when I rented one here in Atlanta to see how I liked it and had her ride with me just driving it around the area near our house - I think I totally freaked her out with how quick the pickup was - and to be honest - I didn't even floor it :) She just kept yelling at me to slow down - and when I looked at the speedometer I was going 45!

Best of luck tomorrow - will be here before you know it!

That's awesome - looking forward to some pics from you from the delivery! Hang in there - you are almost to the finish line! And as for your wife swearing she will never drive it - I am getting the same from mine - I think she is terrified of it to be honest - when I rented one here in Atlanta to see how I liked it and had her ride with me just driving it around the area near our house - I think I totally freaked her out with how quick the pickup was - and to be honest - I didn't even floor it:) She just kept yelling at me to slow down - and when I looked at the speedometer I was going 45!

Best of luck tomorrow - will be here before you know it!

Wait, Are you married also to my wife because you described her to a "T". :)

I'm scheduled for delivery in Alpharetta on Saturday at 12:45 pm. I've received the MVPA and the request to make my final payment. I obviously don't want to do that until I can inspect the car.

I called the delivery 888 number earlier and was told my car had passed through Birmingham. That's a good sign, right? I keep waiting on the 'delay' notification.

Do I need to sign the MVPA or do I do that at the delivery center? I'll ask my DA tomorrow, but I don't know if paying cash (ACH) makes a difference. Also, my price does not reflect the recent $1K drop for AWD. I hope they can resolve that when I pick up the car. I mentioned it to my DA but he just replied with "The long range dual motor awd was recently adjusted and should reflect 1k less". It doesn't so far.

The weird thing is I saw a $1K price drop last week, before the recent price adjustment. Now it's back to what it was when I ordered.

Edit: I just realized that I may not get the $1K reduction for AWD. AWD went up right after I ordered, then it recently went down $1K. So my order price on 7/29=the 'reduced' price. But I don't know why it went down by $1K a week or so ago.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
All you guys with scared wives, beware. It took my wife about three months to gain confidence with the Model 3. Now I can't get her out of it. I need Elon to produce the Model Y ASAP so I can get her one of those and get my 3 back!

Anyone wrapping, I recommend getting a quote from AutoNCustom in Duluth. Ask for David; he wrapped mine with XPEL Ultimate in late March and it has been terrific so far. I also had him wrap the console in matte, which has also been great. (678) 760-8861

@suwaneedad did you take delivery in Decatur? How long did it take to receive your registration and plate? I took delivery three weeks ago and am starting to get a little antsy.
Yes, Decatur. It took nearly a month. I was just starting to think that I was going to have to drive back down there to get the temp tag renewed/replaced, when it arrived in the mail. Then the trek to the county tag office to swap it out for the EV tag so tolls are free.

Got my car today. A few small things noted on the due bill but otherwise fine.

Taking a road trip tomorrow so I tested supercharging on the way home. It works, but is showing a charge even though I had a referral added to my order. Any tips on how to best address this?

Do not worry, Tesla will credit back all of the charges, it will take 2 weeks plus or as long as a month.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.