Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard the T train, you’re gonna love it! I’ll be passing through Knoxville tomorrow afternoon and likely charging at the Supercharger there. Chick-fil-A within walking distance, yummy! ;-)

You might want to check Google Maps again, they just moved the Chick-Fil-A to a new location on Parkside, half mile west of the old one, which is now vacant, as of the end of Sept.

You might want to check Google Maps again, they just moved the Chick-Fil-A to a new location on Parkside, half mile west of the old one, which is now vacant, as of the end of Sept.

Yep. The Knoxville Supercharger is in a parking lot basically in between the old and new Chikfila locations. Right behind O’Charleys if you know the area. Filled my Tesla tank this afternoon while I emptied my tank!

haha I would say I averaged ~ 45mph. Perhaps the battery is difficult to keep charged at higher range? I charged it to 308 knowing I was going on a trip after work.

I've actually changed my mind about the range.
I can explain the very high energy usage for the first trip, FWIW. There are three possible explanations.

* When the car first starts up, *if it's been cold*, it uses a substantial amount of energy heating up the battery. This leads to wildly high energy usage... for about a mile. Then it's fine unless you cold-soak it for a long time again.
* Something similar can happen when heating the cabin at the start of a trip.
* When the car is brand new, it sometimes has a little trouble calibrating the range meter. It takes a few miles before it starts stabilizing and measuring accurately. (There are other things which can cause the range meter to lose accuracy; they take a long time to develop and are generally solved by doing a full charge and then driving until mostly discharged.)

I can explain the very high energy usage for the first trip, FWIW. There are three possible explanations.

* When the car first starts up, *if it's been cold*, it uses a substantial amount of energy heating up the battery. This leads to wildly high energy usage... for about a mile. Then it's fine unless you cold-soak it for a long time again.
* Something similar can happen when heating the cabin at the start of a trip.
* When the car is brand new, it sometimes has a little trouble calibrating the range meter. It takes a few miles before it starts stabilizing and measuring accurately. (There are other things which can cause the range meter to lose accuracy; they take a long time to develop and are generally solved by doing a full charge and then driving until mostly discharged.)
That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Hello all,

First time poster. I ordered Oct 15, red M3P+. Delivery was scheduled for today (Nov 6) at the Roswell-Alpharetta service center. Alas, I got a call from someone at TSLA on Nov 4 saying that my car was in transit and we should--tentatively--reschedule for Nov 10. He didn't seem too confident in that date either so I won't be surprised if it is delayed further.

Anyway, I am very excited! I'm installing my Tesla Wall Connector today so I'll be ready for whenever my baby arrives!

Hello all,

First time poster. I ordered Oct 15, red M3P+. Delivery was scheduled for today (Nov 6) at the Roswell-Alpharetta service center. Alas, I got a call from someone at TSLA on Nov 4 saying that my car was in transit and we should--tentatively--reschedule for Nov 10. He didn't seem too confident in that date either so I won't be surprised if it is delayed further.

Anyway, I am very excited! I'm installing my Tesla Wall Connector today so I'll be ready for whenever my baby arrives!

Congratulations! Sounds like a very beautiful car. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long for it.

Not sure if I should be worried. Delivery Friday but still no MVPA as of midday today (Wednesday) and need the MVPA by tomorrow for the loan. Texted and Emailed my advisor Sunday and yesterday but no reply from him yet. I've emailed and texted him before and never got a reply either. I called the hotline and the advisor that answered said only my advisor could push the MVPA and that she'd email my advisor.

Any advice?

Not sure if I should be worried. Delivery Friday but still no MVPA as of midday today (Wednesday) and need the MVPA by tomorrow for the loan. Texted and Emailed my advisor Sunday and yesterday but no reply from him yet. I've emailed and texted him before and never got a reply either. I called the hotline and the advisor that answered said only my advisor could push the MVPA and that she'd email my advisor.

Any advice?

Sorry to hear that. I'm having a similar issue, but my delivery date is not until next week. I don't have a VIN or a MVPA. They keep changing my model from 19" wheels to 18" wheels and changing the final price. Also had the color changed twice. It's been a saga for sure.

One thing the hotline person did say is to contact the Sales Advisor if you can't get in touch with the Delivery Advisor, if he/she is more responsive.

Let me know what happens. Good luck!!!!

Reactions: apearson
Sorry to hear that. I'm having a similar issue, but my delivery date is not until next week. I don't have a VIN or a MVPA. They keep changing my model from 19" wheels to 18" wheels and changing the final price. Also had the color changed twice. It's been a saga for sure.

One thing the hotline person did say is to contact the Sales Advisor if you can't get in touch with the Delivery Advisor, if he/she is more responsive.

Let me know what happens. Good luck!!!!
Wait are you suppose to have two different people as the Sales Advisor and Delivery Advisor?

I've just had one person contact me.

I haven't had any order changes, that sounds like it would be hectic finding out your order has changed on you.

Wait are you suppose to have two different people as the Sales Advisor and Delivery Advisor?

I've just had one person contact me.

I haven't had any order changes, that sounds like it would be hectic finding out your order has changed on you.

I'm not sure about everyone, but I have had two - The Sales Advisor was the first person to contact me when I placed the order with the Welcome email and walked me through the initial stages. I just recently got a Delivery Advisor assigned who set up the Delivery Date was set.

Hmm, I believe I've only had one.

My experience has been different. I was left alone until a delivery date showed up in my account. I then called a day later asking if I could get my advisor's info. I then got a text from the Advisor telling me my delivery date and location. Texted back and emailed him with questions. No reply. Then got another text telling I was all set for pickup on the delivery date he gave me. Now back to no reply.

Hmm, I believe I've only had one.

My experience has been different. I was left alone until a delivery date showed up in my account. I then called a day later asking if I could get my advisor's info. I then got a text from the Advisor telling me my delivery date and location. Texted back and emailed him with questions. No reply. Then got another text telling I was all set for pickup on the delivery date he gave me. Now back to no reply.

I think i'm driving myself crazy with seeing the different experiences of everyone in forums. I'm hoping for the best, but the process is not consistent at all. Keep pushing man, try the hotline again - maybe a different person will be able to do more.

I think i'm driving myself crazy with seeing the different experiences of everyone in forums. I'm hoping for the best, but the process is not consistent at all. Keep pushing man, try the hotline again - maybe a different person will be able to do more.

Same here, I'm just going crazy seeing all the reschedules and stuff.
Thanks for letting me vent though.

Hoping yours goes well next Thursday

Called the Alpharetta SC and finally got someone to look over my account. The advisor put me down as paying cash instead of financing. Since I was listed as paying cash they were waiting to generate the MVPA until the day of. We got it corrected in the system and I just got my MVPA in my Tesla account about 30 mins after the call.

I also verified my 3 is at the SC and ready to be picked up.

Looks like Friday might actually happen :D

Reactions: Rodrique78
Called the Alpharetta SC and finally got someone to look over my account. The advisor put me down as paying cash instead of financing. Since I was listed as paying cash they were waiting to generate the MVPA until the day of. We got it corrected in the system and I just got my MVPA in my Tesla account about 30 mins after the call.

I also verified my 3 is at the SC and ready to be picked up.

Looks like Friday might actually happen :D

That is fantastic!!! Exciting!

I may end up doing the same if I don't hear back until Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.