Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta Showroom Experience - Good? Bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Northwest Florida so it’s closer for me to drive to the Atlanta Showroom to pick up my M3LR when it’s available than to any in Florida. Anyone have any experience with this one? Did they let you inspect the interior before accepting the car? Any quirks with this location that new owners should know before taking delivery?

I live in Northwest Florida so it’s closer for me to drive to the Atlanta Showroom to pick up my M3LR when it’s available than to any in Florida. Anyone have any experience with this one? Did they let you inspect the interior before accepting the car? Any quirks with this location that new owners should know before taking delivery?
Actually there are no Tesla Stores in (the city of) Atlanta (was one at Lennox Mall but is no longer there). We do have 4 Stores/Delivery Centers in metro Atlanta. Also there is one in Savannah that may be closer to you.
  • Kennesaw (replaces Marietta)
  • Decatur
  • Alpharetta
  • Rosswell

Actually there are no Tesla Stores in (the city of) Atlanta (was one at Lennox Mall but is no longer there). We do have 4 Stores/Delivery Centers in metro Atlanta. Also there is one in Savannah that may be closer to you.
  • Kennesaw (replaces Marietta)
  • Decatur
  • Alpharetta
  • Rosswell
Hmm...I honestly don’t know which one I chose when ordering. I don’t see a way to find what I selected. Either way, they’re all closer to me than Savannah.

Don't underestimate Atlanta traffic's effect on your time. All of ATL's delivery centers are on the wrong side of the city for you. Tampa's would be on the north side of Tampa and may work better. Also consider the route you'll be taking back if you're returning with the Model 3 through rural GA and AL with few superchargers.

That said I did have a good experience at Decatur's center (was living in Alabama at the time).

Don't underestimate Atlanta traffic's effect on your time. All of ATL's delivery centers are on the wrong side of the city for you. Tampa's would be on the north side of Tampa and may work better. Also consider the route you'll be taking back if you're returning with the Model 3 through rural GA and AL with few superchargers.

That said I did have a good experience at Decatur's center (was living in Alabama at the time).
I appreciate the info! I still think ATL is going to be my best bet because Tampa is still 6:40 from me, vs 5:15 to ATL. I'll probably leave after work one afternoon (if it's going to be ready during the week or on a Saturday) and drive up to avoid all the rush hour traffic. My route to ATL is all interstate (I-65 / I-85) so I should be good on the charging.

....and drive up to avoid all the rush hour traffic......
Now that is a funny. 🤣🤣🤣

Here is a pic of I85 North at 5:45AM this morning.

EDIT: Sorry a little shaky and didn't realize how bad the pic looked (cold outside).
IMG_0357.jpeg

Last edited:
He/she is coming from SW on I85 so won't help. Also if coming in the afternoon the lanes would be heading south (out of town) direction.
Yeah, the most likely scenario is me coming up in the evening (if delivery day is during the work week) or early morning on Saturday. I've driven into and through ATL during these times and never had much of a problem with traffic...maybe I just got lucky?!

Yeah, the most likely scenario is me coming up in the evening (if delivery day is during the work week) or early morning on Saturday. I've driven into and through ATL during these times and never had much of a problem with traffic...maybe I just got lucky?!
I've lived in and around ATL on and off since 1990, to me the traffic has gotten considerably worse in the last 5 years.