Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlantic Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The eCharge Network is interoperable with Quebec's Electric Circuit and the FLO charging network across Canada." Good to know I left my echarge at home . Have Electric Circuit account and RFID card. Have been using SC and PEI cottage L2 . A Chademo adapter came with the car.

Last edited:
Stopped by at the Big Stop in Westville NS. Sorry to say there’s no sign of it starting there. Parking lot is kinda small, so I’m not sure if it’s a viable location without some alterations, unless there’s a different Big Stop location nearby that I didn’t see.

• Informative
Reactions: ArcticStation
Campbellton and Westville have been removed from the latest update.
Just seeing that now. What the hell! No demand? There’s one Flo charger two minutes down the highway from the proposed Westville site, just look up pics of EV owners lined up for hours last summer. Don’t even think about a trip along the Cabot Trail this summer if they’re not serious about getting some infrastructure in place in this area

Just seeing that now. What the hell! No demand? There’s one Flo charger two minutes down the highway from the proposed Westville site, just look up pics of EV owners lined up for hours last summer. Don’t even think about a trip along the Cabot Trail this summer if they’re not serious about getting some infrastructure in place in this area
My thoughts exactly. The demand is there, especially in the summer. When I had my Ioniq the last few years I would dread seeing anyone at the Stellarton Flo charger (can't bypass any chargers in a 28 kwh Ioniq ;)) especially a Tesla. Could be there for hours. Always wished the Teslas had someplace else to go. Now that I have a tesla I really wish the Teslas had someplace else to go! 😉 Especially since I don't have CCS capability yet.

This is so sad. We have family throughout Nova Scotia whom we visit two or three times a year. Due to the lack of reliable access to fast charging beyond the Halifax metro area, we've put off visits to Sydney and Ingonish since Covid restrictions were lifted. We did make the trip in 2019, but it was such a hassle that we decided to wait until more options were available before making future trips to Cape Breton. This summer, we'll probably end up renting a car in Halifax for our trips beyond Halifax. After almost five years of Tesla ownership, this has been the ONLY time we have been greatly inconvenienced after switching to an EV.

Reactions: daveX2021
Three years with my tesla and I feel the same! My 2900km drive to New York and back to Halifax was SO much easier than driving ~400km to Sydney 😅 A bit embarrassing

I do realize Tesla recognizes the demand in this area: they had both Baddeck and Auld’s Cove (Big stop at the Canso Causeway) on the supercharger map over the years, but and they’ve both came and went. I’m sure they would love to have these locations set up, so something’s gotta be holding things up outside of their control.

Anybody know a way to reach out to Tesla to try and get some insights? We all know unplanned challenges can happen, but it would just be good to know where the shortfalls are and they’re still trying to get superchargers in the area.

I am crushed to see the “coming soon” Campbellton charger is off the map. I also noticed it disappear a few days ago as I’ve been watching it like a hawk for several months now.

We got our first Tesla (Model Y LR) in November 2022 and we drive several times a year from Halifax NS to Sept Iles QC. My wife was already a bit apprehensive about taking our new EV on a long distance, road trip, especially in the winter. We have a CCS adapter which made the trip bearable at best.

Driving from Halifax to Sept Iles was a disaster this past winter and my wife wants nothing to do with the Tesla now. The day we left Sept Iles Quebec was in the throes of the worst power outage in recent history. Every charger was down from Sept Iles to the ferry in Baie Commeau to Matane. When we finally arrived in Matane we had 2% battery left and my wife and daughter were in tears.

To add insult to injury while we were on our way to Sept Iles for Christmas the Matane supercharger was completely shut down and not working at all. We charged “slowly” at a CCS charger. I told her we’d never have to go through this nightmare again with the supercharger coming to Campbellton.

Now…. it’s gone. I have no idea why either. It would be the ONLY supercharger between Aulac and Matane. We don’t need much on the east coast but we NEED that Campbellton charger. 🙏

I do realize Tesla recognizes the demand in this area: they had both Baddeck and Auld’s Cove (Big stop at the Canso Causeway) on the supercharger map over the years, but and they’ve both came and went. I’m sure they would love to have these locations set up, so something’s gotta be holding things up outside of their control.
That's what I think also. There has to be something else in play here we don't see.
To me Auld's Cove would be the best location if only one can be done. With Auld's Cove on line then no Westville/Stellarton or Baddeck/CB could be tolerated. It would fill in a big gap. Ideally all of them would be nice if we are dreaming.
I can see the same argument for Campbellton.
While we are at it we need something down Yarmouth way.

PlugShare shows a SC location at the Irving/Circle K off exit 21 (Westville) on Hwy 104 and has it labeled as a “proposed location”. It’s been there for awhile. But the Tesla SC app doesn’t show it. Is this just someone’s wishful thinking or is there some truth to it?
When a SC location is chosen and actually gets built, where does it show up first? How do we learn about it? I would think the Tesla app would have it first.

PlugShare shows a SC location at the Irving/Circle K off exit 21 (Westville) on Hwy 104 and has it labeled as a “proposed location”. It’s been there for awhile. But the Tesla SC app doesn’t show it. Is this just someone’s wishful thinking or is there some truth to it?
When a SC location is chosen and actually gets built, where does it show up first? How do we learn about it? I would think the Tesla app would have it first.
Likely a PlugShare user added the ‘proposed location’ when Tesla had it listed on the supercharger website, but for now I’m afraid it’s wishful thinking.

From what I’ve gathered, the supercharger website is the most up to date public information on where locations are proposed, and when they’re expected to be completed. They update the site quarterly? Maybe every 2 months? I check on it regularly, but pretty disappointed there won’t be any in the area this Summer, particularly between New Glasgow and Sydney.

I wonder if we could get together as a TOC Atlantic and reach out to Tesla on the supercharger situation? Would love to know what our role could be in speeding up this process.

Reactions: Marcram74

PlugShare is a hodgepodge of crowdsourced info and charging provider APIs. It is often inaccurate, particularly with locations that purport to be coming soon.

Your best source of Supercharger information is www.supercharge.info - a site that’s maintained by a very active community here on TMC and elsewhere. The Superchargers app you referred to is powered by data from supercharge.info.

It is one of a couple potential locations, but there as yet been no physical signs that the site is being actioned.

I’ve been there myself twice looking for confirmation and have seen nothing.

With Auld's Cove on line then no Westville/Stellarton or Baddeck/CB could be tolerated. It would fill in a big gap. Ideally all of them would be nice if we are dreaming.
The Superchargers along the TCH in NB offer up the kind of options that the trio of Westville, Auld's Cove, Baddeck would offer. In my three trips to NS since getting the car, I've used every one of them. It seems so strange that once you get to the NS border Superchargers just stop existing. Is it because EVs don't really reduce GHGs in NS because the electricity is generated by coal burning?

Anyway, I'm leaving next week on my 4th trip down since buying an EV in 2020 and have worked out ways of making it work. It helps my elderly loved-ones in Charlos Cove moved back to Ontario so I don't have to figure that into my calculations. This year, for something different, we are taking the US route to NS and since we are heading home from the South Shore we'll take the Digby ferry. Once we get back to Lincoln/Fredericton after getting off the ferry, we'll be back in familiar 'not having to worry about SCs' mode.

Reactions: Marcram74
There are two stations on the tesla supercharger voting list. Please go an vote on them folks.

1689085150916.png

Reactions: madmax240