Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio difference between slacker and bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed a pronounced difference in audio quality between bluetooth and internal sourced music like slacker?

My bluetooth sounds like it is playing underwater on the 3. Source is spotify on high quality downloads.

I have an S also and bluetooth sounds great in the S.

I also tried my wife's phone and bluetooth also sounds bad from hers.

Phone is an iPhone XS, quality is 160kbit/sec through spotify. Spotify sounds great from iphone over bluetooth to other sources (home stereo etc.) Volume is turned up on the phone.

Maybe I need a service center appointment.

Phone is an iPhone XS, quality is 160kbit/sec through spotify. Spotify sounds great from iphone over bluetooth to other sources (home stereo etc.) Volume is turned up on the phone.

Maybe I need a service center appointment.
I thought bluetooth was limited to 64kbps via bluetooth on the 3's for some strange reason?

Maybe that's not correct, perhaps it's an issue/incompatibility with the phone/car's decoders?

Last edited:
Update for all of you also having this issue - I turned off "normalization" in spotify's settings and the problem appears to have gone away.

This is strange because it's ONLY a problem on the 3. S works fine with normalization on, and so do other BT connections, so it's some kind of model3 bug.