Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio issues when car is standing still or moving slowly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having severe and puzzling audio issues with my Model 3 since May this year (it started about 10 months after I first got the car). The audio crackles and pops, the bass will disappear and come back at random times, and it happens with any audio source (Radio, Streaming, Bluetooth, it doesn't matter). The really odd thing is that it really only happens when the car is standing still or moving very slowly. When I get up to 10+ MPH the issue is for the most part non-existent.

I've tried searching online for anyone else with similar problems, but haven't seen anyone reporting something as bizarre. I brought this up with Tesla Service a couple of months ago but they were just handwaving about it and saying that "yeah, we've heard customers complain about the latest software version and it will probably get fixed in the next update". Well, here I am many updates later and the issue is still there. I also talked with support on the phone, went through the hard reset instructions etc. but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

I've been experiencing the same thing since roughly November 2019 and I've just set up a service appointment for January. It's mobiel service so hopefully a software fix is in order? will let you know what happens

I have been having severe and puzzling audio issues with my Model 3 since May this year (it started about 10 months after I first got the car). The audio crackles and pops, the bass will disappear and come back at random times, and it happens with any audio source (Radio, Streaming, Bluetooth, it doesn't matter). "

I get the same thing , I don't know how to reproduce it as it's fairly random. I was thinking it might be software or something wrong with a connection. Haven't set up any appointment yet.

I have been having severe and puzzling audio issues with my Model 3 since May this year (it started about 10 months after I first got the car). The audio crackles and pops, the bass will disappear and come back at random times, and it happens with any audio source (Radio, Streaming, Bluetooth, it doesn't matter). The really odd thing is that it really only happens when the car is standing still or moving very slowly. When I get up to 10+ MPH the issue is for the most part non-existent.

I've tried searching online for anyone else with similar problems, but haven't seen anyone reporting something as bizarre. I brought this up with Tesla Service a couple of months ago but they were just handwaving about it and saying that "yeah, we've heard customers complain about the latest software version and it will probably get fixed in the next update". Well, here I am many updates later and the issue is still there. I also talked with support on the phone, went through the hard reset instructions etc. but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

I went back and forth with Tesla service on this multiple times since posting this in August, and it seems like it finally got resolved after installing 2019.40.50.1! I haven't experienced the problem once since installing it a few days ago, which is very promising. I'll post an update here if it re-appears.

For reference I've added video recording of the issue if someone comes across something similar...

Reactions: ALSETJC
I went back and forth with Tesla service on this multiple times since posting this in August, and it seems like it finally got resolved after installing 2019.40.50.1! I haven't experienced the problem once since installing it a few days ago, which is very promising. I'll post an update here if it re-appears.

For reference I've added video recording of the issue if someone comes across something similar...

Mine has also disappeared since .50.1 as well!