Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal audio barely audible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The turn signals in the car are barely audible when engaged. I am not sure if this happened with a recent update or if something died like an amp in the audio system. I reset the screen with the scroll wheels, but it still is barely audible when signaling. The USS beeps are also noticeably quieter. Anyone else have similar changes or should I schedule service?

The turn signals in the car are barely audible when engaged. I am not sure if this happened with a recent update or if something died like an amp in the audio system. I reset the screen with the scroll wheels, but it still is barely audible when signaling. The USS beeps are also noticeably quieter. Anyone else have similar changes or should I schedule service?
Check the Joe mode

I could never figure out what "Joe Mode" was. there's no explanation or documentation anywhere other than a half-sentence saying something about it being "maybe quieter-ish". I tried turning it on/off in every possible scenario and could never tell the difference.

But then a couple months ago my signals got super-quiet - they definitely adjusted the volume. Now the only options are "Grandma's Buick", or just rely on the otherwise useless blind-spot video to determine whether or not my indicator is on.

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX
One day about a week ago out of the blue I noticed my indicator sound was really loud. Normally it's like you mentioned, that you can barely hear it but on this particular drive, it was very noticeable. I took a look to see if maybe Joe Moe got toggled off but it showed it was on. The next drive everything was back to normal.

I kinda wish we could toggle what items we want quiet/loud. It was nice hearing the turn signal active without having to take my eyes off the road or look over at the screen. It's just the other items like turning AP on and off, etc that I'd prefer quiet.

Reactions: gtae07
I noticed something different when I was driving but couldnt put my finger on it. I saw this thread yesterday, and remembered it when I was driving into the office today. This was the thing (turn signals were quieter) that I couldnt put my finger on, that was different.

I didnt even check to see if joe mode was on or not, I think I turned it on when they introduced it but its not a setting I mess with so I dont remember.