Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio (Slacker) crackling sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody experiencing this on their Model 3 via Slacker streaming? Did not experience this until today, but I have not driven the car since last Sunday since I was out of town all week. My buddy told me he started experiencing the same this week too. Thoughts?

It sounds like the same thing that happened to me yesterday with anything sound related in the car- music, podcasts, navigation voice. It sounded to me like someone clapping rapidly. I pressed both scroll wheels to reboot the computer/monitor and that solved it. It was fine the rest of the trip and hasn't been a problem today.

no crackling, but no Slacker streaming whatsoever. Been down for a couple of days. It just spins and spins....Turned to regular FM, and then back to Slacker. At that point it brings up the Slacker login page, and I click, 'Use Tesla Account', and nothing....

any suggestions?

Send a message you tesla executives to ask them to prioritize fixing the firmware (codec/filter/...) to resolve. It is likely a variable exceeding maximum representable value in an IIR filter or something like that. Premium audio should not crackle like an old A.M. radio.