Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Starts Playing when opening a door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is super annoying. Whenever I open my door, Spotify (and SXM/Apple Music) starts playing again. This includes opening my car door to get in, as well as opening it to exit if I stopped the music before exiting. Does this happen to anyone else, and does anyone have a fix? Super obnoxious because I'm a 40 yr old man, and I dont want Taylor Swift blasting every time I open my door.

Since updating to 2022.44.25.3 I am having the same issue. I pause the music before I get out of the car on Easy Entry and if I close the door and come back to it any time after, whether it is to get in to drive or get something out of the back seat, the music comes on. Any door initiates music. I have even paused the music under my profile before Easy Entry kicks in and the same thing happens. I’ve done a couple reboots and it doesn’t help. Any thoughts anyone?

This is super annoying. Whenever I open my door, Spotify (and SXM/Apple Music) starts playing again. This includes opening my car door to get in, as well as opening it to exit if I stopped the music before exiting. Does this happen to anyone else, and does anyone have a fix? Super obnoxious because I'm a 40 yr old man, and I dont want Taylor Swift blasting every time I open my door.
I find it quite convenient vs having to manually turn it back on every time. Maybe turn the volume down when getting out or just stop listening to Taylor Swift?

I find it quite convenient vs having to manually turn it back on every time. Maybe turn the volume down when getting out or just stop listening to Taylor Swift?
Right? I mean, if it's paused, it should stay paused, but if it's playing, I want it to resume. Before media systems that don't actally turn off in spite of the icon that looks like a power button (in legacy brands) came about, this is how actual radios and tape/cd players worked except you had to put in a key to get to accessory mode vs opening a door. Unfortunately, MP3 (on USB) doesn't resume in my Model X (and never has, on MCU 1 or 2) when I open any door even though it would in every Model S loaner I ever drove. I assume that's some power saving thing. Fortunately, somebody eventually mentioned the voice command to resume the last playing MP3 (vs having to remember where I was or pick a new song every time I get in). That voice command was "USB" until Tesla broke it on February 1st (beginning without a software update, it worked on January 31st and returned an error in the IC on and after February 1st including after a software update, so they must have changed what it does at the voice processing server). In case anyone else who found that useful comes across this, "switch to USB" works, with the added benefit that it will likely never set your navigation to a university that is likely in another state, but I don't want to hit a button and say words when I get in the car, I want my music to resume from where it left off.

Bottom line is if you pause it before you get out of the car, this means you don’t want it to automatically turn back on if a door opens, period.
I totally agree, if you paused it or stopped it, it should stay paused or stopped. The fact that vehicles stopped behaving like that (while I ranted about the power button that wasn't, it was a pause button that wasn't with no power button present in some cases) in the latter half of the first decade of the millienium still irks me. It's even more baffling to me that Tesla has this issue since they developed their system from the ground up vs outsourcing it to whatever joke of an outfit lead to this scenario being a common problem amongst legacy automakers before the Model S was even a thing.

Maybe switch it to bluetooth, rather than pausing, and making sure your phone player is on pause? I don't have this issue but then again I'm running an MCU2 AP1 car. So might have a different issue.
That does not work unless you reboot your phone or completely kill your music app on the phone. Because as soon as you open the door, Tesla immediately unpause your phone's music app. I hated it when I am listening to audio books. Sometime when I am opening the door to put stuff in, it will start playing and I will have to rewind because I missed part of the book. The only way I found to stop that is to switch from BT to another audio source when I stop and exit the car LOL.