Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August delivery here in Dallas, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sup guys.

Just took delivery of my MY here in Dallas, TX with VIN 33k. Went and inspect the car and the build quality was very good. Things I noted:

Some paint imperfections (tiny small dots)
A couple of small misalignments that I don't think it's very noticeable.
A few minor scratches in the interior trim.

Otherwise, solid ride very happy with it after waiting for a few weeks.

Reactions: Mooroo and DanDi58
Congratulation on the Y.
I have been looking for the Y for a while now, and i'm located in Dallas as well. Does Texas currently have any rebates towards EVs?

I didn't see anything during my research prior to purchasing, I know TX is very "stingy" in this department for all the political reasons, I guess.

What’s your color/config?

Long Range, White with wheel package. No other upgrades.

How’s your front door/fender alignment? I see so many where the side camera area is so off.

There were some minor misalignments on both doors (passengers) but very minor IMO. The camera alignments were actually very good no issues. No wires hanging out at the wheels (thank Goodness), the plastic trims around the wheels are spot on and very "sturdy". Cameras parts are very tight no loose parts. The hatchback doors were slightly off but that's every model Y I've watched on YouTube lol. The roof trim were also solid, a spot or two feel a touch "softer" but overall no glaring issues.

I initially was notified to take delivery after 2 weeks wait, but got pushed back to about 1.5 weeks due to "some paint issues" caused scratched bumper during unloading (I wasn't happy about it, and told Tesla that I will have issues with cars if this keeps delaying. They issued me the X for the time being). Overall good experience apart from the freaking wait and bumper scratches which is now not even noticeable.

Both cameras

Attachments

• 20200824_225846.jpg
    20200824_225846.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200824_225917.jpg
    20200824_225917.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: DanDi58
Sup guys.

Just took delivery of my MY here in Dallas, TX with VIN 33k. Went and inspect the car and the build quality was very good. Things I noted:

Some paint imperfections (tiny small dots)
A couple of small misalignments that I don't think it's very noticeable.
A few minor scratches in the interior trim.

Otherwise, solid ride very happy with it after waiting for a few weeks.

Do you know build date?