Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you know the AMD chip is standard now?
I just got my delivery
Agree that they seem to prioritize the 20 inch Inductions over the 19 inch Geminis. Oh, well, I still prefer them and for me, worth waiting for. Good to know that the AMD chip now seems to be standard. I am hoping you guys are seeing the double pane rear glass and lithium 12 volt battery as well.
Wouldn't say the AMD chip is standard as I took delivery yesterday and I have the intel chip. So it seems like its still pretty random

Reactions: DrGriz
That thing is a beaut. Very happy for you Seeb! Loving those rims and wondering if I made the wrong choice with the Geminis… Any new thoughts on the car today?
Thank you! Loving it even more the second day. Getting a lot of people looking when driving by haha. My only concern is the clunking noise when turning the car, its actually pretty concerning. I scheduled an appointment but they are booked out to Jan 20 so I will have to call and see if they can look at it sooner. All things considered, it's an amazing car!

• Love
Reactions: jamessmooth007
Thank you! Loving it even more the second day. Getting a lot of people looking when driving by haha. My only concern is the clunking noise when turning the car, its actually pretty concerning. I scheduled an appointment but they are booked out to Jan 20 so I will have to call and see if they can look at it sooner. All things considered, it's an amazing car!
I would really be worried about the clunking noise while turning. That could be a loose tie rod end. Disaster waiting to happen. I have read about that happening on model Ys elsewhere in the forum.

I would really be worried about the clunking noise while turning. That could be a loose tie rod end. Disaster waiting to happen. I have read about that happening on model Ys elsewhere in the forum.
Yeah totally feel you on that. Do you know where you saw that? Im trying to find the post. I hope they can fit me in as an "emergency" as I feel like it's a hazard to drive.

Yeah totally feel you on that. Do you know where you saw that? Im trying to find the post. I hope they can fit me in as an "emergency" as I feel like it's a hazard to drive.

I agree with you.

• Informative
Reactions: seeb

I agree with you.
That’s not a hazard. That’s an adjustment nut. It won’t fall out because of that. It just needs to be tightened up, and possibly have the alignment inspected to make sure it didn’t change.

That’s not a hazard. That’s an adjustment nut. It won’t fall out because of that. It just needs to be tightened up, and possibly have the alignment inspected to make sure it didn’t change.
That's one possibility. I wasn't saying that that is what he has going on. There was this as well:

Please, I am not claiming to know for sure what Seeb is experiencing, but a clunk with turning implies a possible problem with the steering mechanism, and until it's checked out I would not be cavalier. I've been in a vehicle where the steering mechanism fell apart while we were driving. It wasn't pleasant.

Reactions: seeb
That's one possibility. I wasn't saying that that is what he has going on. There was this as well:

Please, I am not claiming to know for sure what Seeb is experiencing, but a clunk with turning implies a possible problem with the steering mechanism, and until it's checked out I would not be cavalier. I've been in a vehicle where the steering mechanism fell apart while we were driving. It wasn't pleasant.
Yup totally agree. It’s not a pleasant feeling when it happens and needs to be looked at. Nothing should be clunking around when driving especially on a 65k car lol. Overall, I have a lot of issues with the car. It’s def rushed and has a lot of scratches and imperfections that need to be fixed. Kind of annoying tbh

Reactions: Tararua
Yup totally agree. It’s not a pleasant feeling when it happens and needs to be looked at. Nothing should be clunking around when driving especially on a 65k car lol. Overall, I have a lot of issues with the car. It’s def rushed and has a lot of scratches and imperfections that need to be fixed. Kind of annoying tbh
It seems quality is hit and miss. 3 out of 4 doors on mine are not completely flush with body panels at back of each door, although only 1 misalignment is more than subtle. The rear hatch glass is also not flush with moonroof on passenger side. The panel gap on drivers side of hood is slightly different from passenger side, but both are consistent across length. Not sure it’s out of spec. Interior is good and paint is good. I had it ceramic coated so my detailer caught and fixed any paint imperfections I missed. I’ve got an appointment in Berkeley to have the door and hatch glass issues fixed (they can’t fix hatch glass with mobile visit). Altogether the imperfections on my car are pretty minor and I’m really happy with it. I came close to buying a Model S 100D in 2017, and I’m glad I waited to get Y. Not getting S allowed me to get my other ride (pic attached).

Attachments

• 4E20EB8F-6253-4349-8024-8D8183682D22.jpeg
    4E20EB8F-6253-4349-8024-8D8183682D22.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 68
It seems quality is hit and miss. 3 out of 4 doors on mine are not completely flush with body panels at back of each door, although only 1 misalignment is more than subtle. The rear hatch glass is also not flush with moonroof on passenger side. The panel gap on drivers side of hood is slightly different from passenger side, but both are consistent across length. Not sure it’s out of spec. Interior is good and paint is good. I had it ceramic coated so my detailer caught and fixed any paint imperfections I missed. I’ve got an appointment in Berkeley to have the door and hatch glass issues fixed (they can’t fix hatch glass with mobile visit). Altogether the imperfections on my car are pretty minor and I’m really happy with it. I came close to buying a Model S 100D in 2017, and I’m glad I waited to get Y. Not getting S allowed me to get my other ride (pic attached).
Nice! Yeah the gaps on my car are few to none, it’s mostly the interior that’s mangled up and the clunking noise from the suspension. They left a lot of film from the seals which looks super unprofessional

Anyone EDD changed today? I see a lot of movement in the September Orders post, they seem to be moving a few weeks closer. Mine is still stuck in Jan27-Feb24.
I find it good, higher chances to get AMD, and bad… I’ve been waiting for way too much!! I think the vanilla MYLR is the longest delivery.