Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Energy savings might only be for S/X. Only other thing I can think of is smart summon. That might keep the car from sleeping.
Thanks. Summon doesn't seem to be on either way.
Of all the fiddling I've got it down to about 3% and I think right now it's cold and dashcam related. Not Sentry mode. Sentry eats 5 to 6% on its own everyday.

Reactions: samori01
This is the only thing I've seen (but haven't looked tbh). My brother sent it to me last night.

If you look at the online manual, it states there: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
Under Using the Touchscreen -> Climate Controls

Climate Popup​

"Enable or disable heated or cooling seats (if equipped)."

Ventilated seats is not all that a big deal. I have had ventilated seats in my Acura MDX and now Lexus SUV. The fan makes a big droning sound to force air through the tiny perforations in the seat. I always switch it off and prefer to air condition the car. Heated seats and heated steering wheel are a necessity in colder climes.
Maybe some cars are different, my car has great AC and ventilation, the heated seats are obscenely hot, like you would turn them off in 10 minutes in a zero degree, but ventilated seats always felt like I am sitting on wet laundry, AC had more impact in hot climate, but maybe that was just my explorer

Reactions: 45thParallel
Did you enter payment details? Not sure if we have to enter it before delivery date being scheduled. I don't want them to draw the payment before the vehicle is even made and arrives at my SC. At the same time, I don't want Tesla to rip out the VIN back from me!
View attachment 753057
FWIW, I did. It’s very unsettling to pay that much cash up front, but I didn’t want anything holding up my delivery. After I submitted payment, I had a delivery date the next morning.

Reactions: 45thParallel
FWIW, I did. It’s very unsettling to pay that much cash up front, but I didn’t want anything holding up my delivery. After I submitted payment, I had a delivery date the next morning.
That was my thought exactly, but you are closer to the factory than me, It will take a good 35 hours straight drive, and given that that truck may have other stops on it way, it could take a week or so, but the SA confirmed it will be Jan 20 and unlike before that

Reactions: jamessmooth007
I’m in a 28 day window too. Does that mean a vin is not likely to come my way until that window narrows? 😳
Unfortunately...there is no rhyme or reason. However, generally, it is better to have a smaller EDD window. It will go from 28-day window to 14 to 7. But there have been those who have gotten VINs after their EDD jumped to a 28 day window, so its a crap shoot.

Unfortunately...there is no rhyme or reason. However, generally, it is better to have a smaller EDD window. It will go from 28-day window to 14 to 7. But there have been those who have gotten VINs after their EDD jumped to a 28 day window, so its a crap shoot.
100%. I've had all sorts of EDD windows. Never a VIN. Seems like a shorter window can come with an imminent car, but in my own experience, more often than not it won't. Others may have different experiences.

So seeking any advice as I search for a wierd accessory.

Was out with the vehicle and needed a charge. But after the freezing rain the charge port cover wouldn't open. Even after chipping ice away. The top seam of the port cover had ice frozen in it. Tried using heat from my hand to melt it on its own. No luck. Sadly, in end, a combination of my warm spit and my hand held on the cover and the metal panel loosened it up.

While frostbite and spitting on my car worked I need an "in case of emergency" solution to have on hand and would rather not leave it to me needing to always to remember to fill a thermos with hot water.

Thoughts?
Tesla was supposed to add a way of turning the port heater on. It is supposed to work with preconditioning from the app or turning on the rear defrosters. Suppose to be able to break up frozen charging ports...no idea if it actually works, but it is supposed to be in the cold temperature updates.
The only weird accessory I could think of was either a 12V hairdryer or 110v with a power inverter plugged into the 12v in the back of the Y.

So… how many losers like me still with a 28 days range (and no VIN of course)
1641593130348.gif

Just called the SA and the insight was interesting:
1. He said my car was born straight out of the factory on the afternoon of Jan 6, which is probably 6 hours before I got the VIN notification, I did check at 10:30 and it was not there, so I think the VIN did come midnight of the 7th, he said you should celebrate 1/6 as your car birthday from now on lol
2. That is interesting that build to VIN was hours away, given that my VIN number was a 354XXX, now time will tell if that will have the promised new features
3. As per the site, it is a 2022 model, he also confirmed any car before 10/15 is eligible for the one year premium connectivity, now that was not on my MPVA, so he asked me to check with the service center on delivery day, (My August / Sep friends be On the lookout for that), I am ready to demand its existence prior to accepting delivery in case its not there
4. He said the car currently is still in Fremont being post processed before being shipped, so it’s Not quite in transit yet, but he predict it being on the truck as soon as today / Interesting that I got a Fremont CA car? Wonder what that would mean as far as specs? Let’s see
5. He does believe the car will not be here prior to Jan 20, but unlikely later than Jan 20, It will be shipped to the Service center here in Columbus, and said an automated text will be sent to me for final delivery day, expected around 1/16

Let me know what do y‘all think
Now you need to make sure you stay well hydrated, starting around the 14th. If your excitement for VIN receipt elicited that reaction, we can only imagine what reaction you will have to delivery day announcement.

Tesla was supposed to add a way of turning the port heater on. It is supposed to work with preconditioning from the app or turning on the rear defrosters. Suppose to be able to break up frozen charging ports...no idea if it actually works, but it is supposed to be in the cold temperature updates.
The only weird accessory I could think of was either a 12V hairdryer or 110v with a power inverter plugged into the 12v in the back of the Y.
Thanks. Will see about running rear defrost. And doing some reading.

Reactions: samori01