Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR OD: 8/24, EDD: June :(

White/White/Induction. Bay Area.
Doesn't seem right, make sure you have your payment information complete, just select Cash. If you want to finance from Telsa, you can change it later, after you get your del date. Saves from credit hits as it expires after 60 days.

I had same issue, OD was 8/31 with an April EDD. Fixed Payment method and updated to March 15 - April 12.

Doesn't seem right, make sure you have your payment information complete, just select Cash. If you want to finance from Telsa, you can change it later, after you get your del date. Saves from credit hits as it expires after 60 days.

I had same issue, OD was 8/31 with an April EDD. Fixed Payment method and updated to March 15 - April 12.
Oh. Actually, I didn't know I had to click on "Continue" button after selecting "Cash". Thanks for the help!

It’s insane some folks are getting Nov/Dec deliveries and others have March/April EDDs for August orders. My last EDD was late Feb before holding (bought a demo MYLR from the inventory).
I'm confused by this as well. My financing expired about a month ago and I haven't changed/updated my payment method but still showing Dec 14-31 EDD. I also see people saying to pick cash to avoid EDD slipping but chatted with Tesla online and they said to just reapply once VIN is received.

Reactions: voxel
I'm confused by this as well. My financing expired about a month ago and I haven't changed/updated my payment method but still showing Dec 14-31 EDD. I also see people saying to pick cash to avoid EDD slipping but chatted with Tesla online and they said to just reapply once VIN is received.
People are also picking cash to avoid having a financing option expire prior to delivery, as well. Seems like most wait for their VIN to be assigned first. I'm all new to this but I was told having a loan offer expire is bad for your credit score?

FWIW, I have not shopped around for financing yet, EDD currently 12/17 - 12/31.

Reactions: Tycanflyy
People are also picking cash to avoid having a financing option expire prior to delivery, as well. Seems like most wait for their VIN to be assigned first. I'm all new to this but I was told having a loan offer expire is bad for your credit score?

FWIW, I have not shopped around for financing yet, EDD currently 12/17 - 12/31.
It was a mistake selecting financing and having it expire because it's a hard credit pull. Now I have to reapply which means another hard credit pull and will negatively impact my credit. Oh well.

Reactions: voxel
2022 MYLR ready for us as soon as the loan paperwork (third party) catches up. Had a notification this morning of VIN assignment followed by a delivery text from the local Delivery Center. I had hoped to have a bit more time to switch from Cash to Financed, but have a few days before the delivery appointment to get everything lined up. My insurance company (USAA) doesn't see the VIN in their system, either.

Last edited:
Exactly my story, Ordered on Aug 26, Dec Feb then back to Dec, some folks with Aug 23 received VIN numbers so fingers crossed
My OD was Aug 20th and I got my VIN this past Saturday (11/6). Still no text scheduling delivery though. That said, my EDD is 1 week from today through 2 weeks from yesterday. So I guess there’s time? I’m hoping that my MYLR is on a car transporter somewhere near the rocky mountains right now. 🤞🤞🤞

I had the same thing where my EDD pushed back like 3 months for a few days about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Then it surged back forward and in a week or so I got my VIN.

My config: MYLR | Blue/Black | 5 seat |19 inch | tow | no FSD order completed 8/23/21
Destination: Idaho (not much further from Fremont than San Diego)

Original EDD was December, moved out to January. Then for a few days in September it was Sept 15, then last half of Sept, then moved to October to December to November to January to Dec 27-31. Now it's Jan 3-31 and stuck there for about 10 days.

Frustrating but also hopeful to see similar/identical configs with EDDs that are a month earlier and similar distances from the factory.

Reactions: eric.freeman
My OD was Aug 20th and I got my VIN this past Saturday (11/6). Still no text scheduling delivery though. That said, my EDD is 1 week from today through 2 weeks from yesterday. So I guess there’s time? I’m hoping that my MYLR is on a car transporter somewhere near the rocky mountains right now. 🤞🤞🤞

I had the same thing where my EDD pushed back like 3 months for a few days about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Then it surged back forward and in a week or so I got my VIN.

Also ordered on Aug 20th. If you don't mind me asking, does your VIN have an M or N in it? EDD still holding Dec 14-31 for me in FL.