Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, a case of good news, bad news. Yesterday my EDD was July 23-August something. I leave for a 3 day cruise this Saturday, a quick weekend to Ensenada Mexico with family and friends. This morning I got the text to schedule my delivery between 6/23 a 6/27. Yay!! But when I go to pick a time, the only dates I can choose are Friday and Saturday, when I’ll be on a cruise ship…. What is my best strategy to not lose the car?
Call in and schedule that way. They may have more options and allow you to delay a couple more days. As long as you can pick up before July 1st I don't think you will lose the car. If you have to delay past June 30th then your VIN is going to go to someone else as Tesla is desperate for EOQ revenue. You would get a new VIN fairly soon if you release it. You don't go way back in line.

Reactions: kingkong5
Call in and schedule that way. They may have more options and allow you to delay a couple more days. As long as you can pick up before July 1st I don't think you will lose the car. If you have to delay past June 30th then your VIN is going to go to someone else as Tesla is desperate for EOQ revenue. You would get a new VIN fairly soon if you release it. You don't go way back in line.
They gave me a up to a week of wiggle room (I was on a cruise as well).

I had ordered a LRY w/ 20" and tow hitch on August 5, 2021, and was repeatedly getting delayed (eventually out to this September). I happened to be at the service center a few weeks ago, and casually mentioned that I would be open to one without a tow hitch as long as I could add it later. Within 2 weeks they had a car for me. I ordered the tow hitch and homeland to be installed via mobile service (supposed to happen yesterday), but they told me couldn't do the hitch via mobile anymore because my car does not have the controller chip(?) installed. They actually have to install a new board and flash it so they will only do it in a service center. Don't know how widespread this is and whether we have any data on deliveries vs. tow hitch, but may explain why some are getting delayed.

Thank you so much for this advice! I called in to the local delivery center and they were able to help me. First I had to switch it from all cash to financing. Took care of the financing online right after that. They are even delivering it straight to my house, I don't have to be there, which is weird! Made the appointment for the last day of my window, which is this coming Monday. I disembark Monday morning in Long Beach and will be back home in time for the 12-4PM delivery window. My VIN starts with 7SAYGDEEXNF and I have no idea what that means but my other two Teslas started with 5YJ. Almost time to do the happy dance, MYLR5 White/White/Tow/19 Gemini

Thank you so much for this advice! I called in to the local delivery center and they were able to help me. First I had to switch it from all cash to financing. Took care of the financing online right after that. They are even delivering it straight to my house, I don't have to be there, which is weird! Made the appointment for the last day of my window, which is this coming Monday. I disembark Monday morning in Long Beach and will be back home in time for the 12-4PM delivery window. My VIN starts with 7SAYGDEEXNF and I have no idea what that means but my other two Teslas started with 5YJ. Almost time to do the happy dance, MYLR5 White/White/Tow/19 Gemini
Congrats
SUV teslas all get the 7SAY vin now.

I had ordered a LRY w/ 20" and tow hitch on August 5, 2021, and was repeatedly getting delayed (eventually out to this September). I happened to be at the service center a few weeks ago, and casually mentioned that I would be open to one without a tow hitch as long as I could add it later. Within 2 weeks they had a car for me. I ordered the tow hitch and homeland to be installed via mobile service (supposed to happen yesterday), but they told me couldn't do the hitch via mobile anymore because my car does not have the controller chip(?) installed. They actually have to install a new board and flash it so they will only do it in a service center. Don't know how widespread this is and whether we have any data on deliveries vs. tow hitch, but may explain why some are getting delayed.
How much are they charging you to install the hitch later?

Happy Dance!! I now have my Model Y LR 5 White/White with Tow Hitch and 19" Gemini wheels. I currently also have a 2019 Model S 75D and Wifey drives the 2018 Model S 100D. The Model Y was a home delivery and I can say that it worked out really well as I got a text when they left the Tesla facility, and another text when they had dropped off the car. And sure enough, there it was, just sitting in my driveway next to my Model S. I ran out to inspect it, all of the panel gaps were decent and everything was fairly clean. They left a UPS Express envelope inside with the three pages I needed to sign and return, and that was it! I never had to talk to a person face-to-face for the transaction. Used my phone to unlock the car, used the key cards to program my phone to the car, and then ... it became my car!

Super excited about this car, I realize it's a downgrade from the S; however, I like that we have a compact SUV in the family for utility and road trips, and having a 3-year newer car lets us enjoy the vehicle under warranty, while I can still sell my S 75D at a premium price in the current market. I miss not having air suspension, but surprisingly I'm not bothered by the conventional suspension in the Model Y. It's quiet enough, and with the double-paned windows it glides down the road very peacefully.

I'm sad that I when viewing the rear-camera while driving (which I like to do in the S), I can't see or use the Navigation or other displayed items. This Model Y has the new AMD Ryzen chip and the Li-Ion 12V. The new chip makes the display so much faster, and the display in the Y seems crisper/sharper than in the S. Pinch/zoom in the nav doesn't have delays and the music even seems to spool up faster. The wireless phone chargers are so convenient, they weren't available in my S's, I wasn't even aware they were part of the Model Y. It even came with a 128GB USB stick already installed for Dashcam/Sentry Mode.

One pedal driving is odd!! In the Model S, I could modulate the accelerator pedal and as we glide to a stop I press on the brake at the very end to enable hold. But on the Model Y, it will come all the way to a stop and hold without me needing to press on the brake.

On my last Tesla purchase I received 1,000 free supercharging miles for buying, and another 1,000 free supercharging miles because I was my own referral. I placed my order in time to qualify for the referral bonus, just before they did away with that program. But I only received 1,000 total miles extra free supercharging. I guess losing out on 1,000 more miles is no big deal, I'm not so sad with this big smile on my face when I think about this car.

Overall I'm very satisfied. When I ordered it last August, the base Model Y LR was $53,990 which is $12K less than ordering it right now. That's crazy how much the prices have gone up, and it's nice to have that extra equity in the car already. I ordered some 3D Maxpider Kagu floormats, which is what I have in my other Tesla's and they work great. Any other accessories I need to look at picking up? Also, I hope that all you other fine people here with orders from last August receive your Model Y's soon.

IMG_3788.JPEG

Just curious if anyone else has had this same situation... I ordered my LR White, 6 seater, FSD Model X in April 2021. The first delivery estimate was June 2021, then it proceeded to move out month over month until a couple of months ago, when it jumped to December 2022 - April 2023!! April 2023 would mean a full 2 year wait.

Anyway, about a month ago, it moved up significantly to the first real window I have received, July 6 - August 17. Sure enough, July 7th rolls around (today) and the window moved out to Aug 2 - September 13. Is there any reason to be hopeful since these windows are closer and shorter? Or, are they going to keep dangling these dates in front of me and slowly move out until we are back to the December 2022 - April 2023 timeframe? I currently have a 2016 Model X, so I have been through this process before, but I only had to wait a couple of months for that one. Can anyone tell me where I can get more specific info and/or should I be cautiously optimistic that I'm close? Thank you!!

Just curious if anyone else has had this same situation... I ordered my LR White, 6 seater, FSD Model X in April 2021. The first delivery estimate was June 2021, then it proceeded to move out month over month until a couple of months ago, when it jumped to December 2022 - April 2023!! April 2023 would mean a full 2 year wait.

Anyway, about a month ago, it moved up significantly to the first real window I have received, July 6 - August 17. Sure enough, July 7th rolls around (today) and the window moved out to Aug 2 - September 13. Is there any reason to be hopeful since these windows are closer and shorter? Or, are they going to keep dangling these dates in front of me and slowly move out until we are back to the December 2022 - April 2023 timeframe? I currently have a 2016 Model X, so I have been through this process before, but I only had to wait a couple of months for that one. Can anyone tell me where I can get more specific info and/or should I be cautiously optimistic that I'm close? Thank you!!
Unfortunately you are in the same camp as many of us. Some have even received vins only to then be recanted and extended out another month or more. I’ve been in the first week of two Edd, just to be pushed out again. Last month I was within a two week window, Tesla even messaged me to get my account in order, (financing etc.) so I do that and two days later.. pushed out TWO months.

Long story short, until they actually schedule a pick-up and your car is physically at that location, your Edd means literally nothing.

Reactions: erica3535