Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 8/18/21
Finally picked up my Austin built LRMY today. Build quality it pretty solid with no obvious issues. Did notice a slight rubbing noise from the steering column but was told it is normal. Will wait for a week to see if it goes away.
I don’t have wood trim on the doors but have alcantara trim. I don’t think I have matrix headlights.
Do you know what your production date of your car is?

1660672237029.png

Voxel, after my latest delay, a Tesla rep actually called me to state that my order had been “escalated.” The rep stated it was his job to fulfill the orders that had “fallen through the cracks.” Funny choice of words you chose!
I was just about to mention this. I went into my local showroom and talked with an SA. He said that he’d put in an escalation for me (I had just gotten pushed into an EDD that would have put me at a year), but he cautioned that most escalations were rejected. However, the point of an escalation is to get it in front of a human as opposed to a system review. If you’re looking at a year to get a MYLR 5, I definitely recommend reaching out to an SA. And if the first one won’t help you, don’t give up. Within a week or 2 of talking with the SA and him escalating my case, I had my first 2 week EDD. I eventually added FSD (8/5) to help make sure I didn’t get bumped out of an August delivery. I got a VIN on 8/9, and was able to take delivery 8/15.

I can’t say for certain that the escalation worked, but it didn’t seem to hurt. And…after ordering 11/06/2021, I have my car!

Reactions: Silence88 and voxel
I was just about to mention this. I went into my local showroom and talked with an SA. He said that he’d put in an escalation for me (I had just gotten pushed into an EDD that would have put me at a year), but he cautioned that most escalations were rejected. However, the point of an escalation is to get it in front of a human as opposed to a system review. If you’re looking at a year to get a MYLR 5, I definitely recommend reaching out to an SA. And if the first one won’t help you, don’t give up. Within a week or 2 of talking with the SA and him escalating my case, I had my first 2 week EDD. I eventually added FSD (8/5) to help make sure I didn’t get bumped out of an August delivery. I got a VIN on 8/9, and was able to take delivery 8/15.

I can’t say for certain that the escalation worked, but it didn’t seem to hurt. And…after ordering 11/06/2021, I have my car!
Congrats. Most of us have august 21 order dates. My Edd was at the 13 month mark. The SA actually reached out to me to inform me of escalations.. I hope it works or is not rejected. It’s maddening knowing so many deliveries are happening from orders that are not as old as august…

Reactions: erica3535 and voxel
Congrats. Most of us have august 21 order dates. My Edd was at the 13 month mark. The SA actually reached out to me to inform me of escalations.. I hope it works or is not rejected. It’s maddening knowing so many deliveries are happening from orders that are not as old as august…

None of it make sense because I had two August orders (of different colors) and one was delivered in Feb/March. I think color and delays (moved order to different location) could have caused it.