Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My theory is Tesla generally will prioritize builds that cost more, If I can redo my order I would have added tow hitch even though I don't need it,
Funny you say that. My neighbor ordered the exact same configuration as me (LR/white/black/19). The only exception was a tow hitch. He ordered 2 days before me (8/29 vs 8/31) and got his car about a month ago. I'm now looking at late January.

Funny you say that. My neighbor ordered the exact same configuration as me (LR/white/black/19). The only exception was a tow hitch. He ordered 2 days before me (8/29 vs 8/31) and got his car about a month ago. I'm now looking at late January.
So frustratingly random. Hang in there. As previous posters have suggested, find inner peach. (I know, I know - easy for me to say).

White/Black IMO is the worst combo. Its the most common and therefore will take the longest. I THINK August Orders after the 20th ish missed the White Paint batch. Now Holidays are coming and (maybe they are retooling for the 2022 upgrades). In many words... December seems out of reach now. Lost Hope😔
I think honestly whatever combo you have, while you watch a lot of other people getting their VINs, will be the worst combo. However, from the pricing point, it would seem that Red then black anything is the "worst combo", hence they cost the most. But I do have a black combo so I could also be projecting my emotions. :confused:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: leaftoy
Sorry you lost hope, hang in there. They're working hard to try and allow you to fork over as much money as possible.

But maybe we can all help by talking about what we think the worst combo is.

I think the worst combo is my lack of patience, a continuously changing edd and an app that puts all the useful (and mostly useless) delivery info right in my face to refresh everyday.
:)
This is a combo that I can agree is pretty bad. I would add my combo of realizing I have absolutely no idea when this car is coming, with the constant drive to check if anything changed, the desire to do something, so I watch more YT videos and have ended up with over 40 accessories that are just sitting in a guest room, waiting for a car, that I have absolutely no idea when it is coming (this does not include any of the things I bought to wash the car that I have absolutely no idea when it is coming).

Reactions: Oddmanout
Tbh, I wouldn't talk to your assigned SA. Mine kept saying he didn't know anything and good luck. Thats why I called the delivery center and they seem to know a lot more. It's worth a shot.
My SA is from the delivery center I believe? She works at the showroom/pick-up location. I ordered in the showroom after my test drive, she helped me place the order and said it might be faster to get delivery if she places the order for me...But look at where I am right now...LOL

Last edited:
hear me out, we all have made so many attempts to understand this process, and many before us have tried as well.. that leads me to believe that even tesla doesnt know what its doing, because you cant possibly figure out what someone is doing if that someone also doesnt know what their doing
I still believe the more add-ons in your order, you get it faster. Except for the 7 seater option, which takes forever.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I added nearly as much 'cost' as I could and it haven't resulted in me getting it fast. At one point it was supposed to be the end of Oct (my birthday), then early Nov (my wife's birthday), then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, now it's jan/feb Valentine's Day. I'm frustrated at the inaccurately, but actually don't care it's pushing, and since BBB is still a remote options am ultimately ok with them if it results in a tax credit.

OD: Aug 6 (profile complete ~Aug 27th afterwhich my SA ghosted me).

Config: MYLR7, msm/black, tow, 20", no FSD

EDD: 8 Jan - 5 Feb

I added nearly as much 'cost' as I could and it haven't resulted in me getting it fast. At one point it was supposed to be the end of Oct (my birthday), then early Nov (my wife's birthday), then Thanksgiving, now it's jan/feb Valentine's Day.

OD: Aug 6 (profile complete ~Aug 27th afterwhich my SA ghosted me).

Config: MYLR7, msm/black, tow, 20", no FSD

EDD: 8 Jan - 5 Feb
Yeah, 7 seater is tricky.

You know whats going to be the ultimate feels bad, when we eventually do get the car and dont have the 2022 upgrades..
Yeah, if the probability of getting the 2022 refreshes goes up, I'm also OK (but still frustrated) with the delays. If at the end of the day there is no BBB, or no 2022 refreshes, and 5 to 6 months for nothing it's really going to be a kick to the shins.

Yeah, if the probability of getting the 2022 refreshes goes up, I'm also OK (but still frustrated) with the delays. If at the end of the day there is no BBB, or no 2022 refreshes, and 5 to 6 months for nothing it's really going to be a kick to the shins.
if there is no BBB - i bet many will be canceling their orders. Thus people that actually want a car will be moved up. (hopefully!)