Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright so I can tell you all that at least one edd is based on production.
My car started production yesterday morning. I was given hard vin assignment by accident a while back. Because the car was not made the system had an error and my account didn't say being built or identify the actual estimated delivery Window.

So, 1 day worth of production has taken place and obviously the vehicle now exists in some build level. This has corrected the system error. Now as of 930 am (been checking a lot) My edd moved to 25dec to 31 Dec. Earliest delivery has been identified as 25th based on production timeline and delivery to my location. 31 is a worst case taking into consideration production hiccups and delivery delays.

I still don't have a Vin on my app or on the "manage" page of the account. Supposedly they expect that to correct once the car is actually fully made.

So this now is an assumption for a small group of people. If anyone gets a hard vin assignment, without a soft assignment prior, along with a Vin showing up in the app. You can assume the car is made and the edd is actual best to worst case delivery info.

8/21; white/black with inductions. I think it's a little odd how quiet these forums have been in terms of VIN assignments 🤔.
Not sure if it's because of the day of week this was recorded or if output has slowed down but according to this video I found on YouTube, Fremont is looking kind of empty.

Edit: there is a newer video on that channel which shows more activity on a weekday.

Last edited:
Cause we lost hope.....
1639501802991.png

White/Black IMO is the worst combo. Its the most common and therefore will take the longest. I THINK August Orders after the 20th ish missed the White Paint batch. Now Holidays are coming and (maybe they are retooling for the 2022 upgrades). In many words... December seems out of reach now. Lost Hope😔
Well, I am an Aug 15th order and missed your so called "White Paint batch" as well. :)

Why should the "most common configuration" take the longest? Don't they have clever scheduling tools to make sure configurations in higher demand will be made in higher proportions? Aren't they supposed to be a kick ass software company that happens to make cars? If it is a supply chain issue, why only the paint/wheel combinations that give Tesla least amount of cash take the longest to make? White/MSM paint is in shortage? Well, just order it with Induction wheels and suddenly it is not and you shave months off the EDD. Geminis in shortage? Well order it with an extra charge paint color and suddenly it is not.

Reactions: samori01 and seeb
Well, I am an Aug 15th order and missed your so called "White Paint batch" as well. :)

Why should the "most common configuration" take the longest? Don't they have clever scheduling tools to make sure configurations in higher demand will be made in higher proportions? Aren't they supposed to be a kick ass software company that happens to make cars? If it is a supply chain issue, why only the paint/wheel combinations that give Tesla least amount of cash take the longest to make? White/MSM paint is in shortage? Well, just order it with Induction wheels and suddenly it is not and you shave months off the EDD. Geminis in shortage? Well order it with an extra charge paint color and suddenly it is not.
To be fair i did say "ish" regarding dates

And the counter argument to the "pay more, get it faster" is the fact that Majority of the people dont. In proportion to the amount of people ordering White/Black(Before)/MSM(now) the "free colors". The fact that people order less of the Paid choices makes it so you get your order faster. Im not saying what they are doing is perfect and they should continue with the Color batches.... but im saying the logic that "pay more get it faster" only works becasue of demand.

"Why should the "most common configuration" take the longest? Don't they have clever scheduling tools to make sure configurations in higher demand will be made in higher proportions? " - i agree with this tho... just make more of the common configuration and leave the shorter color batches for later.. who knows how they work tho

My theory is Tesla generally will prioritize builds that cost more, If I can redo my order I would have added tow hitch even though I don't need it,

To be fair i did say "ish" regarding dates

And the counter argument to the "pay more, get it faster" is the fact that Majority of the people dont. In proportion to the amount of people ordering White/Black(Before)/MSM(now) the "free colors". The fact that people order less of the Paid choices makes it so you get your order faster. Im not saying what they are doing is perfect and they should continue with the Color batches.... but im saying the logic that "pay more get it faster" only works becasue of demand.
I also wouldn't really bank on the "pay more get it faster" theory. I've seen quite a few people that ordered 1 or 2 months after me receive VIN's for a white/black basic car with no upgrades while I have that car with inductions. I feel like location has to be a big factor and people who live closest to the factory are prioritized the least to the point where Tesla eventually probably says "well we might as well give them their car now since they have been waiting for so long." The way they figure out who gets a car first is baffling to me.

I also wouldn't really bank on the "pay more get it faster" theory. I've seen quite a few people that ordered 1 or 2 months after me receive VIN's for a white/black basic car with no upgrades while I have that car with inductions. I feel like location has to be a big factor and people who live closest to the factory are prioritized the least to the point where Tesla eventually probably says "well we might as well give them their car now since they have been waiting for so long." The way they figure out who gets a car first is baffling to me.
Not sure about that. I live in Vancouver, and I see some Toronto friends already got theirs who ordered way after me.

White/Black IMO is the worst combo. Its the most common and therefore will take the longest. I THINK August Orders after the 20th ish missed the White Paint batch. Now Holidays are coming and (maybe they are retooling for the 2022 upgrades). In many words... December seems out of reach now. Lost Hope😔
Sorry you lost hope, hang in there. They're working hard to try and allow you to fork over as much money as possible.

But maybe we can all help by talking about what we think the worst combo is.

I think the worst combo is my lack of patience, a continuously changing edd and an app that puts all the useful (and mostly useless) delivery info right in my face to refresh everyday.
:)

So I called the delivery center that my Tesla is going to be delivered to and a SA said that in his system it says my car is going to be getting delivered between 1/8-1/18. Seems like they have an inside scoop on when your car is expected to be produced which is more accurate than the useless EDD's they give you.
Good for you! My SA basically knows nothing about their production plan! Last time they told me that they are expecting a batch of deliveries in the second half of Dec, and mine should be one of them. And now I am pushed out to Jan.

Reactions: DrGriz and samori01
Good for you! My SA basically knows nothing about their production plan! Last time they told me that they are expecting a batch of deliveries in the second half of Dec, and mine should be one of them. And now I am pushed out to Jan.
Tbh, I wouldn't talk to your assigned SA. Mine kept saying he didn't know anything and good luck. Thats why I called the delivery center and they seem to know a lot more. It's worth a shot.

I've spoken with a few SAs. When I talked with the "new delivery" agents (this is one of the options when first calling in) most were as useful as the other SAs but I've had two so far that had access to additional details. They weren't forthcoming with it until they got to my error on the account. At which point, one gave a bit more info, the other straight up said "I have access to more data than most". And then went into detail of when my car was planned for production, when it was expected to be finished and the earliest estimated arrival and expected delivery range.