Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find my VIN using source code.
do I need to get Tesla vision acceptance request to get VIN?
ordered day after you at the Lawrence dealer ship.
MYLR5| B/B | NO TOW| NO FSD| OD:8/29
I believe if you are first matched with a new vehicle planned for production, yes once tesla vision pops up you'll get a Vin assigned in source code. However if you get pushed a vehicle someone declines or passes on, I'm not sure.

Btw I selected the Lawrence dealership as well.

Last edited:
I couldn't find my VIN using source code.
do I need to get Tesla vision acceptance request to get VIN?
ordered day after you at the Lawrence dealer ship.
MYLR5| B/B | NO TOW| NO FSD| OD:8/29
Sometimes after the VIN is assigned but before the VIN is shown on the site or the app, people have checked the source code and found their VIN, allowing them to know they have been assigned. If you do not see it anywhere, then you haven't been assigned one yet.

Yeah, a long while back I saw an article on the tesla Canada site about PPF and flaps in certain regions. And read specifically that southern Ontario was one of the region's. Now trying to find the link.... impossible.
Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but the SAs should know the answer to this question.

Got a text this morning from my SA regarding trading in my Mazda, and now it seems like navigating through my account has been sluggish, as if changes are being made...hopefully good news? Seems like if I hit Manage my order, I get looped back to my Dashboard 👀

Got a text this morning from my SA regarding trading in my Mazda, and now it seems like navigating through my account has been sluggish, as if changes are being made...hopefully good news? Seems like if I hit Manage my order, I get looped back to my Dashboard 👀
Seems like the app and website are having issues with slowness and loading. Me too

Reactions: kjudd11
Of course, take this with a grain of salt, but the SAs should know the answer to this question.
None taken. I'm sure they know. I wanted to find the link for the forum.
I believe if you're in any sort of snow belt, assume it's all there.

I'm quite torn though because I've seen some pretty rough videos/images of the flaps collecting debris very quickly and not draining. The things I saw made the flaps look like an aftermarket mistake, not a solution to a problem. But I'm just praying it's not the case.