Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I ordered on 8/8 - MYLR everything vanilla except for Midnight Silver. For the last month I've been sitting at a June EDD. Is anyone else with an August order getting this?

My EDD has bounced all over the place, but I initially started off with an EDD of mid-November. Then it went way out to June and someone said it was a glitch, be patient and it will come back. I waited about 3 or 4 days and it did come back (sort of) to Mid-March. Then, after a week it went right back to June and it has been there ever since.

I think I can order a new MYLR today and get a better EDD than June!

So, I ordered on 8/8 - MYLR everything vanilla except for Midnight Silver. For the last month I've been sitting at a June EDD. Is anyone else with an August order getting this?

My EDD has bounced all over the place, but I initially started off with an EDD of mid-November. Then it went way out to June and someone said it was a glitch, be patient and it will come back. I waited about 3 or 4 days and it did come back (sort of) to Mid-March. Then, after a week it went right back to June and it has been there ever since.

Sorry to hear that. No clue what caused this.

I sense much negativity in the chat, so I hope to bring some hope! Ordered my MYLR white/black 20" on Aug 28, and I'm picking it up on Saturday!
Very happy for you! Congrats. It really is interesting to see how Tesla prioritizes deliveries. My build is white on white 19”. Been in flux b/T end of December and now Jan-Feb, ordered right around the time you did. We shall see!

Sounds like a vin is soft match to me (my term), and maybe they want to confirm you'll be taking it before shipping it to a specific delivery center... congrats!! Also sounds like they are cool with you passing on this vin, too, which is neat vs other (older?) orders being told to accept or risk being canceled.
Hoping that’s the case!

You positive your profile is complete and all ready to roll? That timeline doesn't smell right.

You know whats going to be the ultimate feels bad, when we eventually do get the car and dont have the 2022 upgrades..
I would love to get the upgrades….but really, I just want the car.
I would only reject a 2021 model because I would be afraid of what caused the original (and possibly multiple rejections). Otherwise if it passes my inspection, let me have my MY!

Last edited:
How is that going to help? It just reminds us on the west coast again that they are still prioritizing east coast deliveries with order dates significantly past where we are on the west coast. :)
Some of us close to the East Coast are having cars transported right past us, and we feel your pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: leaftoy

This is one of those that sounds like your profile isn’t complete. You should call Tesla and check. If you had it bouncing around from November to December and back to November than to March and back again and then to June it would seem more like a glitch. The fact you went from November to June seems to point to an incomplete profile that, has not been Put in line.

Alright so I can tell you all that at least one edd is based on production.
My car started production yesterday morning. I was given hard vin assignment by accident a while back. Because the car was not made the system had an error and my account didn't say being built or identify the actual estimated delivery Window.

So, 1 day worth of production has taken place and obviously the vehicle now exists in some build level. This has corrected the system error. Now as of 930 am (been checking a lot) My edd moved to 25dec to 31 Dec. Earliest delivery has been identified as 25th based on production timeline and delivery to my location. 31 is a worst case taking into consideration production hiccups and delivery delays.

I still don't have a Vin on my app or on the "manage" page of the account. Supposedly they expect that to correct once the car is actually fully made.

So this now is an assumption for a small group of people. If anyone gets a hard vin assignment, without a soft assignment prior, along with a Vin showing up in the app. You can assume the car is made and the edd is actual best to worst case delivery info.
Alright all, so none of this is to rub it in. It's to continue to try and merge our collective knowledge to understand all the steps of this process and to try to extract as much useful detail, for our own sanity, along the way.
Here are bullets with info that may or may not be useful to your situation.

- So I have confirmation that a random SA in parts department could physically see on my account that as of 3 days ago the MY went into production. And that yesterday my car completed production. (Quite impressive, actually completed in 48hrs out of freemont). He also read that the vehicle is "in transit". They all have very granular detail about each order. Don't believe for a second they are clueless.

-My account has not updated to correct the missing vin info so don't assume that your account details will update once your MY ships.

-any extras you want left in vehicle. In my case tire pressure sensors for snows, cannot be purchased and added to the account until your vehicle has been manufactured. Physical exists with vin.

-for those extras it seems best to ask the agent who calls you to set up your pickup time to organize any additional items you want.

-any extras you want left in vehicle. In my case tire pressure sensors for snows, cannot be purchased and added to the account until your vehicle has been manufactured. Physical exists with vin.

-for those extras it seems best to ask the agent who calls you to set up your pickup time to organize any additional items you want.
What? There are additional items you can purchase to have added to your car? Where can I find a list? I mean I knew of Homelink or MudFlaps but not much else.

Reactions: 45thParallel