Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain man. It’s beyond comical at this point and I’m having second thoughts about pouring $68k of my hard earned money into this company. I mean I love the idea of a Tesla but we’re not even talking about build quality yet. I feel like once we get the car that’s gonna be the next headache, but I hope I’m wrong. I’m with you I’m gonna do my best to limit my time here and save what few brain cells I have left 🤬

Well……..on second thought I’m gonna pull the trigger on some all weather mats, and then no more tesla talk lol.
LOL....and that is how I got 40 something accessories sitting in a room. I can't even have second thoughts because of them.

My Blue Model Y LR 5-seater just got pushed from 12/31-1/28 to 1/20-2/17.

Was hoping that California orders would benefit from proximity and see an end of year push. I have to turn in my Chevy Bolt lease on 12/26 and will be down to one car. Can't stand driving my wife's ICE car.

Pushing to January is painful but tolerable. If it goes into late Feb, I am going to be very frustrated especially when I see East Coast orders after mine already getting fulfilled.
Can you extend your lease? Or can you buy the car and then sell it? The used car market is ridiculous....

LOL....and that is how I got 40 something accessories sitting in a room. I can't even have second thoughts because of them.
Tell me about it!
FC4CC299-1A35-4C40-95FA-0A6D85D2F4B3.jpeg

I was just quoted $1,700 for PPF (full hood, full front bumper, full front fenders and front face on side mirrors) by a guy who is certified by both 3M and Avery. This is in north Atlanta area. Wondering if this is a good price.
That sounds about right...I am in Nashville, but looked at Atlanta because I visit often, and the prices were similar.

Reactions: simdank
Good tactic. It does seem to be when you're not looking/ready that they send you a Vin number and/or delivery window.
I am trying to ignore all things Tesla as well (as I am sitting here scrolling on this forum) and hope a VIN magically appears. Original date given when I ordered was December, now pushed back into January. I am a lot less excited about my Tesla than I was a month ago. Also, my family is probably going to disown me if I keep obsessing about when my car is coming. 😂

Can you extend your lease? Or can you buy the car and then sell it? The used car market is ridiculous....
I haven't bothered to ask. It is a Chevy Bolt that still needs the new battery after the latest battery fire recall. So I doubt I could work out anything to buy and sell back before the battery is replaced. I am ready to get this fire hazard off my driveway since I haven't been able to park it in the garage for the last 3+ months. I work at home and have a couple family/work trips in January so I can get by sharing my wife's car and maybe get a rental if I need to go up to LA for anything in late Jan/Feb. Not ideal - but doable. Still hoping to see my EDD bounce back a few weeks sooner.

Attachments

• 1639770502773.png
    1639770502773.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: samori01
Hate to say this, but without a "VIN", EDD means nothing.
And soft vin with edd means, we'll keep moving your edd until we sort out of this is really the vin we want you to have .

And hard vin with edd means we'll keep moving your edd until the vehicle is produced and has physically been put on a truck. Then we'll tell you a confirmed, maybe range of dates. Then a few days later we'll probably call you and threaten to give away your car if you can't make one of 3 days work. Holiday, funeral, new born baby being delivered, got covid...don't care we made up these 3 dates just now so you need to be here.

...I'm happy I'm getting a vehicle, don't get me wrong, but I'm honest with myself that this is their business model and know they don't care, just like all the rest ICE suppliers. The difference, ice suppliers have competition

And soft vin with edd means, we'll keep moving your edd until we sort out of this is really the vin we want you to have .

And hard vin with edd means we'll keep moving your edd until the vehicle is produced and has physically been put on a truck. Then we'll tell you a confirmed, maybe range of dates. Then a few days later we'll probably call you and threaten to give away your car if you can't make one of 3 days work. Holiday, funeral, new born baby being delivered, got covid...don't care we made up these 3 dates just now so you need to be here.

...I'm happy I'm getting a vehicle, don't get me wrong, but I'm honest with myself that this is their business model and know they don't care, just like all the rest ICE suppliers. The difference, ice suppliers have competition
I am inclined to agree, and definitely considering other brands down the road