Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I got the vanilla Y, which now I know is the one that takes the longest. Had I known, I would have gotten a different colour and I would likely have my car… or perhaps 20” wheels. Oh well, eventually I hope I still get the car.
I ordered the white Y and opted for the 20" wheels, but Im still waiting... day 155

Are you going to accept it if you get a VIN?
I am actually apprehensive, and happy every morning I don't see my EDD move or drop to 2 weeks.
We are getting pounded with snow right now. The prospect of no snow tires available, problems with regenerative braking in the snow, upgrades coming for windshield wipers, defrost, not to mention new chip and more make waiting pretty enticing.
I feel exactly the same way. I was keen on getting the car and now that the delivery looks imminent, I am apprehensive. My wife told me take the delivery even if it comes this month. We have a 3 car garage. She said park it in the 3rd stall, and take it out late March. I can install all the accessories etc., and get Tesla to install homelink etc. That might be a prudent approach.

Reactions: LeafNY and BGOwner
I feel exactly the same way. I was keen on getting the car and now that the delivery looks imminent, I am apprehensive. My wife told me take the delivery even if it comes this month. We have a 3 car garage. She said park it in the 3rd stall, and take it out late March. I can install all the accessories etc., and get Tesla to install homelink etc. That might be a prudent approach.
A bird in the hand. Might be prudent, especially if your life partner tells you to! I was thinking about that option as well, although my extra stalls are filled. Also, I have to drive 100 miles of winding, snow covered mountain roads just to get it home. And my wife just said: "we are NOT driving it without snow tires this time of year!"

Retrofit is going to be probably really expensive so I definitely wont be doing it for 6 seconds quicker load time lol. I would only do it if it was a few hundred bucks.
I know I didn’t drive he model Y much, but I wouldn’t pay 2000$ to update the CPU and get faster loading screen, the performance of the screen as is was good for me

I know I didn’t drive he model Y much, but I wouldn’t pay 2000$ to update the CPU and get faster loading screen, the performance of the screen as is was good for me
Not about speed, it’s about updateability. They are changing out the CPU because eventually these older CPUs will not handle updates. Same with phones. If you plan on keeping your car for a significant time, the 2k is nothing.

A bird in the hand. Might be prudent, especially if your life partner tells you to! I was thinking about that option as well, although my extra stalls are filled. Also, I have to drive 100 miles of winding, snow covered mountain roads just to get it home. And my wife just said: "we are NOT driving it without snow tires this time of year!"
My work place is 2 miles from my home. So I can well understand why your wife would want you to have snow tires. A few years back I had business trip to Moscow and I drove from Spokane during fall, and I was mesmerized by the beautiful scenery of mountains and conifer trees. I am sure in the winter the winding mountain roads would be treacherous to drive.

Reactions: DrGriz
Happy wife...

It seems pretty great in snow thus far with snow tires. At least here in Ontario, if you don't have snow tires on its possible to be denied accident claims.

Also don't enable the slip mode unless you get stuck! Heard stories at local mechanic mentioning people blaming poor performance on snow tires when it was actually that they had engaged slip mode, which disables all traction control to help you get out of a snow drift etc.
(Hedging a TCS question: traction control takes power away from non slipping wheels to control the direction of travel...great unless one wheel is stuck spinning on ice. The others have their power reduced to zero and you go nowhere)

August order friends, please join me in welcoming the newest member of my family. Picked up on January 4 (exactly 5 months after placing my order). Pickup was quick and easy and everything looks flawless! Intel chip and all USB ports in place. All the pain and frustration of waiting for the car seemed to go away the second I drove off in this beauty! Hang in there everyone!

Attachments

• 20220104_162811.jpg
    20220104_162811.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 137
My most recent EDD starts tomorrow (1/7-1/21), still no vin.

I've been here to many times before, every time i wake up the day after I enter my EDD to a pushout. I'm still checking my account every few min just incase im missing something. I don't know how many times someone can login in a day but I am for sure testing the system 😂

Reactions: leaftoy
My most recent EDD starts tomorrow (1/7-1/21), still no vin.

I've been here to many times before, every time i wake up the day after I enter my EDD to a pushout. I'm still checking my account every few min just incase im missing something. I don't know how many times someone can login in a day but I am for sure testing the system 😂
I am with you on the 1/7 - 1/21 EDD train. Here's hoping for VINs for both of us soon!

Reactions: J1513
8/1 OD

Woke up this morning finally received a VIN!

uploaded Insurance, and contacted my Bank to transfer money into another account, they said 3-5 business days. Should line up with delivery date.

158 days later. What a Journey.

hoping I get the new AMD chip.
You received your vin 1 day into entering your edd? This gives me hope!