Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is a generation thing. Older generation want alloy wheels with the silver look. Long time back, more expensive cars had those and entry level ones had aluminum hub caps. I think for younger people the darker color is cool, so go for it! The drop in mileage by removing the Gemini wheel cover is just 3-4 miles. You can even enter after you remove in your Tesla, so it will account for the slightly higher turbulence and adjust your predicted range accordingly.
I actually found a dark Hub caps that are black / After Market, they are 199$ for all wheels, they look slick, maybe a better alternative

Reactions: J1513
I will give you a trick if you want your Tesla quick. Add FSD you will move to a higher priority which stays even after you drop FSD once you are scheduled to January-February. You are allowed to do this one time without impacting price. Elon wants funds going to support the FSD unit and it is high priority for them right now.
I have been thinking about this, but I keep thinking just my luck I won’t be able to remove it.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Service appointment is on the 20th 😕. Still very driveable. It mostly does it when turning on an incline. Got our first rock chip already lol. Might have to wrap the front bumper if this is how fast they come
Glad you find it drivable. It's gotta be fun. Rock chips are going to be part of my life because the last 1 mile home is rock and gravel. Except for the 6 months like now where it is snow.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I think it is a generation thing. Older generation want alloy wheels with the silver look. Long time back, more expensive cars had those and entry level ones had aluminum hub caps. I think for younger people the darker color is cool, so go for it! The drop in mileage by removing the Gemini wheel cover is just 3-4 miles. You can even enter after you remove in your Tesla, so it will account for the slightly higher turbulence and adjust your predicted range accordingly.
I have been thinking I wanted black (including planning plastidipping the wheel covers) for 6 months. Nice to know that I'm in the generation with taste! I have read that the wheel covers add 3-4% range, not 3-4 miles. Have to look again.

Reactions: 45thParallel
Another day for an 8/18 club member, another EDD change. This time from Jan 08-Feb 05 to Jan 12-Feb 09

😖

MYLR7 - midnight silver - black interior - Gemini wheels - 7-seater - no tow - no FSD
Order and profile complete: 8/18
Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 1/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12-02/09

Reactions: samori01
Ugh same thing happened to me. I stupidly believed the EDD timelines. Who are you using? My experience: I let it expire and did a new one when I got my vin. Unfortunately I think you’ll have to have your credit run again :(
I'm using, or was using Wells Fargo. I'm ok with another inquiry but I should have done cash from the beginning.
Also, it's funny I changed to cash this morning and this evening a SA texted to say they're preparing my order and will be contacting within my EDD to schedule delivery. Do you think that's a coincidence?

I'm using, or was using Wells Fargo. I'm ok with another inquiry but I should have done cash from the beginning.
Also, it's funny I changed to cash this morning and this evening a SA texted to say they're preparing my order and will be contacting within my EDD to schedule delivery. Do you think that's a coincidence?
I think maybe you would have gotten the call sooner, if you changed it sooner. Really, I am sure it was just a coincidence

I was catching up pages to see if my fellow Augusters were getting vehicles, and was happy to see some did. But also I saw comments on AMD cpu. As someone who works with servers, I wanted to just share some info. Current Model Ys use Intel Atom. Its not bad, just an efficient, low end cpu. Does what it needs to. As for AMD Ryzen, this probably will be faster, but I dont' think anyone should feel hesitant or anything. Like getting an iphone today and 2 years later newer iphone is faster. Doesn't mean my older iphone is slow, its fine. I doubt its the PC consumer versions of AMD Ryzen. In some servers I see AMD Ryzen V1000, which I think it'll be. This is my first Tesla, and I find I appreciate it more everyday. I don't' even think about gas prices anymore. As always I'm hoping everyone gets theirs soon.

Service appointment is on the 20th 😕. Still very driveable. It mostly does it when turning on an incline. Got our first rock chip already lol. Might have to wrap the front bumper if this is how fast they come
PPF provider, after wrapping my car, when I asked about probability ot chips on exposed panels. Identified the rear quarter panels are guaranteed to have a few nicks and chips by salt alone before end of winter. They identified the paint as soft, as we know already. No softer than Ford or some other companies, they said.

Good luck! Sorry bout the chip!

Another day for an 8/18 club member, another EDD change. This time from Jan 08-Feb 05 to Jan 12-Feb 09

😖

MYLR7 - midnight silver - black interior - Gemini wheels - 7-seater - no tow - no FSD
Order and profile complete: 8/18
Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 1/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12-02/09
Welcome to the Jan 12 - Feb 9 club

Reactions: arctangent
After resisting ordering anything before I had a VIN (still don't have a VIN) I went ahead and ordered the home link accessory since the accessory was out of stock for a while and came back in stock. They are supposedly delivering it same day on a Sunday! They should some of their super shipping skills on the actual vehicle. :)
Wonder if that helps get your car in faster…