Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing that car registration must work differently where you live to me. Renewing it for the old car would have zero net cost as you just transfer the remaining time to the new car here.

Around here, you just move the license plate to the new car and you pay a small transfer fee to update the registration but your existing expiry date and plate are perfectly valid. You get 2 weeks to go in and update the info on your file and you have to show a bill of sale if pulled over to prove you are within the 2 week period if necessary. You do not need to get a new plate, or temporary registration before picking up the car, it's something you can do later anytime you like within the 2 weeks.

If you want a new plate it's another fee. If you want to cancel the old one they give you a refund for the unused time minus a transaction fee. Government sets the base fee that goes to them and maximum markup the registry can charge you. (of course never seen a registry who doesn't charge the maximum unless you negotiated it down for a bulk fleet deal) They even stopped giving you stickers to show the expiry date, it's just in the computer now. (driving into the USA some of the moron cops you have get confused on this point when you have old stickers from when they still did that)
Which would be fine until I have to relocate to AZ the next day to my delivery 😆

Any advice? Ordered my MYLR (white with black interior) back in late August and it seems like dates keep auto generating dates (now showing 1/12-1/26). I've done the tesla finance option 3 times now first 2 were at 2.5%, expired and now this recent one came back at 6%!! Seeing some other people finally getting their VIN numbers, so I'm just trying to figure out if I should maybe just go through with my own finance option from my bank. or if i should just hold out and not keep putting inquiries on my score. Will i receive a VIN if i dont have a confirmed payment method?

Any advice? Ordered my MYLR (white with black interior) back in late August and it seems like dates keep auto generating dates (now showing 1/12-1/26). I've done the tesla finance option 3 times now first 2 were at 2.5%, expired and now this recent one came back at 6%!! Seeing some other people finally getting their VIN numbers, so I'm just trying to figure out if I should maybe just go through with my own finance option from my bank. or if i should just hold out and not keep putting inquiries on my score. Will i receive a VIN if i dont have a confirmed payment method?
You should have always held out until u got a vin.. u took hits 3 times, ouch...

Your rate is up because you took 3 direct hits in 5 months. That’s major ouch

Your rate is up because you took 3 direct hits in 5 months. That’s major ouch
You should have always held out until u got a vin.. u took hits 3 times, ouch...
Yeah.. didnt think it was going to be this bad. when i ordered i was being told late november early december.. sounds like i just going to hold out again until i get a vin and prolly just go through my credit union. my credit score is still good, but couldnt believe the rate jump that much

Reactions: ap105