Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I talked with my SA in person at the DC about my moving EDD of June after ordering on Aug 4th '21. He opened up his laptop and started browsing some database and he said "Looks more like a March delivery date. I can't explain the EDD of June [ I assume '22 ].

So which should I believe?

Ok, so I talked with my SA in person at the DC about my moving EDD of June after ordering on Aug 4th '21. He opened up his laptop and started browsing some database and he said "Looks more like a March delivery date. I can't explain the EDD of June [ I assume '22 ].

So which should I believe?
I'd look forward to a March delivery, knowing that it is only more likely than not. June is kind of a placeholder spot at this point. I think.

I wanted to encourage folks to get PPF at least on rear doors. If your car comes with it that’s great. It’s raining outside and I took photo. You can see where debris hits. I was driving mostly 40mph. Also side quirk I noticed. My windshield is not centered. It’s flush against passenger side, so have gap on driver side. Car seems fine so not bothered.View attachment 755248
It is not covering the entire area of impact

Reactions: jlsprcr
My EDD is end of March, but I'd be interested. Also would be great if you could provide a ballpark estimate of quote you got for a full wrap Vs just the front bumper
Totally! Will get that quote for you. He is a super nice guy, offered to fix the rock chips that are already there and said he will even put on the tesla ppf for the rear fenders I got for free, so what really got me sold is his level of service

Reactions: Maximus831
I wanted to encourage folks to get PPF at least on rear doors. If your car comes with it that’s great. It’s raining outside and I took photo. You can see where debris hits. I was driving mostly 40mph. Also side quirk I noticed. My windshield is not centered. It’s flush against passenger side, so have gap on driver side. Car seems fine so not bothered.View attachment 755248
Do you have mudflaps on?

And the update after pickup.

Love the vehicle, not a fan of the service/customer service.

Mixed emotions about chat method instead talking with someone.

As for work.
Factory didn't fill the vehicle with proper coolant levels. Vehicle was in early stages of over heating when I was using it. I'm sure our low temps helped avoid that. Service filled it up.

Replaced the door handle. Not flush.

Hood alignment was half corrected. Lowered one side to match the other (which was also out of alignment, just the opposite way) instead of moving both sides to be level with quarter panels. At least it's similarly not aligned.

Trunk alignment, they told me it was corrected. Service receipt shows .6 hours to do the work.
The trunk is exactly aligned as it was before. I even checked all the bolts for tool marks on the super soft paint. None. They did nothing. Probably for the best though.

Front light alignment. Seems they moved it. They tried their best. Completely out of alignment still just in different ways. Most likely it was an impossible fix that they just didn't talk to me about. Problem is they don't explain what they've done or what they couldn't do. They just say done here is a receipt with a tiny note of what was performed.

Waiting for another appointment to have the rear seat repaired. Parts ordered so it will auto fold.

Whole car was dirty inside where they worked. Not wiped down or cleaned up after they were finished.
Not being picky on this either. I'm talking about significant dirt and debris on upholstery, on panelling, on dash, on steering wheel. The new vehicle looked like I've been using it for daily commute for months if not longer.

It could have gone better, but things could have gone worse too.

Anyway, all the best everyone. Good luck with your tesla experiences. One of the best and worst parts of tesla right now is the lack of consistency, so at least we know some experiences will be good and some will be bad.

As for work.
Factory didn't fill the vehicle with proper coolant levels. Vehicle was in early stages of over heating when I was using it. I'm sure our low temps helped avoid that. Service filled it up.

Hood alignment was half corrected. Lowered one side to match the other (which was also out of alignment, just the opposite way) instead of moving both sides to be level with quarter panels. At least it's similarly not aligned.

Trunk alignment, they told me it was corrected. Service receipt shows .6 hours to do the work.
The trunk is exactly aligned as it was before. I even checked all the bolts for tool marks on the super soft paint. None. They did nothing. Probably for the best though.

Front light alignment. Seems they moved it. They tried their best. Completely out of alignment still just in different ways. Most likely it was an impossible fix that they just didn't talk to me about. Problem is they don't explain what they've done or what they couldn't do. They just say done here is a receipt with a tiny note of what was performed.

Waiting for another appointment to have the rear seat repaired. Parts ordered so it will auto fold.

Whole car was dirty inside where they worked. Not wiped down or cleaned up after they were finished.
Not being picky on this either. I'm talking about significant dirt and debris on upholstery, on panelling, on dash, on steering wheel. The new vehicle looked like I've been using it for daily commute for months if not longer.

Anyway, all the best everyone. Good luck with your tesla experiences. One of the best and worst parts of tesla right now is the lack of consistency, so at least we know some experiences will be good and some will be bad.
Sorry it wasn't the best. It sounds like others have had better experiences. Glad you love the car!

So in random and funny news
i got a prompt on my Tesla app that I owe them 1.50$
not making this up lol
not sure how that was missed, but okay lol

Update: Hilarious
the government fee went up by 1.50, it was 23.50 now it's 25 .. totally random and weird
9C2D1226-FA31-42AA-96B7-0D1A2BAD0DA3.jpeg

Last edited:
I am one week out from the start of my current EDD and I got a text from someone at my delivery center earlier today asking if I had any questions on the delivery process. I replied that my only question was if they had insight on shrinking my current 28 day EDD window. They replied they see the same EDD as I do. I am taking the fact that I heard proactively from someone at my DC as a positive that my current EDD may be accurate. First EDD after my order was January 2022 so I think that is working in my favor as well. Looking for any positive vibes I can get.

As for work.

How long was your car in the shop for? I have my appointment on the 20th for all the defects and was wondering how long to expect it out of my hands for.

I am one week out from the start of my current EDD and I got a text from someone at my delivery center earlier today asking if I had any questions on the delivery process. I replied that my only question was if they had insight on shrinking my current 28 day EDD window. They replied they see the same EDD as I do. I am taking the fact that I heard proactively from someone at my DC as a positive that my current EDD may be accurate. First EDD after my order was January 2022 so I think that is working in my favor as well. Looking for any positive vibes I can get.
That's surprising considering I've not got a single text about being prepared for my delivery and I'm just finishing my first day in my EDD. Methinks I'm going to see it push...