Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I talked with my SA in person at the DC about my moving EDD of June after ordering on Aug 4th '21. He opened up his laptop and started browsing some database and he said "Looks more like a March delivery date. I can't explain the EDD of June [ I assume '22 ].

So which should I believe?
This is actually encouraging. My EDD was just updated from "June" to "June 2022." Thanks Tesla. I may take my parents for a test drive on MLK day and use that as an opportunity to see if I can get the same hopeful news.

I am one week out from the start of my current EDD and I got a text from someone at my delivery center earlier today asking if I had any questions on the delivery process. I replied that my only question was if they had insight on shrinking my current 28 day EDD window. They replied they see the same EDD as I do. I am taking the fact that I heard proactively from someone at my DC as a positive that my current EDD may be accurate. First EDD after my order was January 2022 so I think that is working in my favor as well. Looking for any positive vibes I can get.
Sending good vibes your way!

Now if you see bad vibes that I spread towards my personal situation, you’ve been forewarned 😂

Tesla ran their systems overnight and all the credits look fine. I am now left with a negative balance of some $27k. I will let you know how many weeks Tesla takes to give me a refund. Ideally I would have liked a check at delivery and pick up of my trade-in. While Tesla requires we pay in full before driving away with our new Tesla, the same rule may not apply to them when they tow our trade-in and owe us payment. We know Carvana hands a check while collecting the car from us. Others can then decide if it is worth waiting weeks for Tesla to pay up or just take the Carvana check and forget about the saving in sales tax that is available only for trade-in in some states.
That is so weird. Thanks for the update though.

Reactions: 45thParallel
How long was your car in the shop for? I have my appointment on the 20th for all the defects and was wondering how long to expect it out of my hands for.
3 days. Was supposed to be 3 hours. The app stated it would be ready by the first day...all 3 days. It didn't update.
They didn't look at the car on the first day. 15 minutes before they closed on the second day they texted to say I could pick it up before 5pm. So picked it up tonight.

Actually very useful info:
On arrival the send you an Uber code. Good for 24 hours. For any travel you need to do without your vehicle.

Mine obviously expired. Staff told me to email them a copy of the Uber email receipt for my trip back to get the car. within a few hours they notified me that a cheque was being sent to me to cover It.

I wanted to encourage folks to get PPF at least on rear doors. If your car comes with it that’s great. It’s raining outside and I took photo. You can see where debris hits. I was driving mostly 40mph. Also side quirk I noticed. My windshield is not centered. It’s flush against passenger side, so have gap on driver side. Car seems fine so not bothered.View attachment 755248
Hey is that factory PPF? It looks to be all the way along the bottom of the car there?

Mine had a tiny piece.

I was the closest i have ever been to my edd window (this Sunday) and this morning My edd got pushed to feb/mar again. 😩 it’s my 7 seater right? Or white/white combo? Or my rims? One of those right? Or else I’m soon going to think it’s just my luck 😭
It's...you ordered from Tesla. There is no rhyme or reason. Accept that none of it makes sense, and you will not be surprised

Reactions: DrGriz
Ok, so I talked with my SA in person at the DC about my moving EDD of June after ordering on Aug 4th '21. He opened up his laptop and started browsing some database and he said "Looks more like a March delivery date. I can't explain the EDD of June [ I assume '22 ].

So which should I believe?
Please tell me you put your order on hold. Otherwise the question still is, “Why is an early August order date estimated delivery in freaking March???”

I am one week out from the start of my current EDD and I got a text from someone at my delivery center earlier today asking if I had any questions on the delivery process. I replied that my only question was if they had insight on shrinking my current 28 day EDD window. They replied they see the same EDD as I do. I am taking the fact that I heard proactively from someone at my DC as a positive that my current EDD may be accurate. First EDD after my order was January 2022 so I think that is working in my favor as well. Looking for any positive vibes I can get.
8/18 we need some good news