Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your order date, profile completion date, and configuration? That seems way out of line if your OD and PCD are in August 2021.
I dont remember exact dates but it was late august for both
When was it September and when did it change back? What was the edd before September?

It happened with my order too. Was September just for a day a couple of days ago. Got changed to Feb 26 - March 26. Which earlier was March 13 - April 10.
Ok thats kind of what i thought because it did something similar to be back in December, but seeing people here on the west coast getting vins was starting to concern me.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Wish we didn’t have this mini community, and all us August orders had their MYs instead. That said, love the support here.
It would be nice if Tesla processed orders roughly in order date order with some variation to account for different config production batches and the need to fill up shipping before sending out. Since the estimated delivery before I ordered was January I probably would have received the vehicle around the expected time but with lot less stress. It is when you start seeing September and October orders getting their cars you start wondering when you will ever get your order.

At least going by the VINs reported so far in this thread is it fair to say Tesla is probably moving towards order (or profile completion) date based order processing without the usual Canada orders in first month, East coast in second month, and west coast for EOQ?

I dont remember exact dates but it was late august for both

Ok thats kind of what i thought because it did something similar to be back in December, but seeing people here on the west coast getting vins was starting to concern me.
So your EDD is 13 months after you ordered! I would double check and make sure your profile is complete. Otherwise, I am at a total loss to explain why the push back to September.

Reactions: samori01
So your EDD is 13 months after you ordered! I would double check and make sure your profile is complete. Otherwise, I am at a total loss to explain why the push back to September.
Sounds like it's happened to another member and in the next day or two it changed to feb/march.. it did something similar to me last month i was just concerned seeing people on the west coast getting vins. I just a MYLR white with black interior

Anyone here have FSD? Is it worth $10k? Trying decide if I want to add it on before the price jumps tomorrow.
I’ve purchased it before on my first Model S and for my Model X and I don’t think it’s really worth the price. Besides the fact that FSD is not fully available I just don’t find myself using a lot of the features. I don’t feel comfortable with auto loan change, I don’t use smart summon, I don’t feel comfortable with using autopilot features on city streets. The other reason I won’t purchase it again is I can’t transfer it to new cars. I know this won’t be my last Tesla and I will eventually trade it in when there is a worthy upgrade. I have a new Model X on order now. Unless they change the transfer policy or FSD gets a real green light I probably won’t buy it again.

Congratulations. Told you your VIN will come today:)

Did you also get home delivery?
I got a text with schedule link a bit later (presumably after delivery center opened). Only option was home delivery and only date/time options were Friday 1/21 morning or afternoon. No other date was shown as available. Factory delivery wasn't an option shown. Works great for us. It would have been difficult to find a window that works for both of us anyway.

Reactions: openx1282
I got a text with schedule link a bit later (presumably after delivery center opened). Only option was home delivery and only date/time options were Friday 1/21 morning or afternoon. No other date was shown as available. Factory delivery wasn't an option shown. Works great for us. It would have been difficult to find a window that works for both of us anyway
If I had a garage I would have done home delivery but I don't

Reactions: leaftoy
In Alberta, unlikely.

But yeah, makes you wonder why they do not put more robust protection on in transit cars going on open car carriers in our climate.
Or use enclosed carriers.

Well, they said windshield and front end rock damage.
Seems pretty clear and not much more to say beyond what the body shop comes back with in terms of ETA for a repair but it's still their car not ours at this point. Likely doesn't matter if they end up giving that car to someone else down the list after it gets fixed and we get one of the next batch instead. They probably want to deliver whatever is ready first either the repaired car or the next unit with our config to arrive and clear our name off the delivery list. All the other car companies likely have similar issues with cars being delivered and failing pre delivery inspection you just are less likely to hear about it.

Well, the sales advisors at the local service centre do not work on Monday so no official communication on this yet, but they just posted a new purchase agreement with new VIN number to our account. 7SAYGDEE4NF357106 was old VIN (posting the full VIN so the next buyer who googles their VIN might find this post and know the history)
The new VIN is NF3663xx with Estimated Delivery Jan 28 - Feb 1.

If by lit you mean a bunch of estimated delivery dates windows but still without a VIN, then yes, it's been lit. 😜

I feel like a high schooler who's sitting in class and a girl keeps winking in my direction, but am not sure if it directed at me or the guy behind me.
LOL that is a good way of describing it, except I’m sure she not winking at me! Even my EDD is stale and with 28 days range. 😢

If I had a garage I would have done home delivery but I don't
Only thing I don't like about home delivery is the close to 25 miles some else will be driving to get the car from factory to home. It would have been nice to have a car where every mile except for the factory test miles were driven by me.

And even the experience of "factory pickup". Usually when you hear factory pickup, image that comes to mind is flying to Europe, picking up in Germany or Sweden, driving around, and dropping off the car for shipping. Not going to, of all places, Fremont! Downwind from Stink in Milpitas-Smell Map - Go Milpitas :)

• Informative