Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish the SA made it a lot more clear how critical to delivery timing filling out the profile is. He definitely had the attitude of 'eh, just get around to to it whenever you have time, no rush'. Didn't realize how important it was until joining this forum.
All SA are so different. Mine had me doing it as we got out of the car it felt like. 🤣

I really wish the SA made it a lot more clear how critical to delivery timing filling out the profile is. He definitely had the attitude of 'eh, just get around to to it whenever you have time, no rush'. Didn't realize how important it was until joining this forum.
I am so thankful I called them right after I ordered and they told me to complete my PC, which I double checked that day

Reactions: xSCMx
Same with me. My SA mentioned casually to complete the online tasks. I didn't know how important it was. My order date was 07/09 and my profile was pending for 40 days. I read the importance of it in the forum and completed it on 08/19. Still no car!!!

Current EDD 01/20 - 02/02

Reactions: BGOwner
Same with me. My SA mentioned casually to complete the online tasks. I didn't know how important it was. My order date was 07/09 and my profile was pending for 40 days. I read the importance of it in the forum and completed it on 08/19. Still no car!!!

Current EDD 01/20 - 02/02
Idk why they are not emphasizing this at order day, it’s just criminal

Reactions: BGOwner
Idk why they are not emphasizing this at order day, it’s just criminal
Simplest thing is to forget about profile completion day and just process orders by order day. I can't think of a single thing in the profile that is useful for Tesla in scheduling a vehicle for production. Of course, everything in profile is important for delivery. So closer to production day, by all means send a reminder to complete profile, and if the customer still doesn't complete the profile delay their production. But I don't understand why profile needs to be completed months before delivery.

I still don’t quite understand the reasoning in not posting full VINs you can walk up to any car and see it right? So doesn’t anyone know the reason not to post it?
Yeah, well Tesla asks for a VIN to order some parts. If someone wants to do some kind of retail arbitrage (reselling in grey market) they might go in and tag your VIN they found online and then the dealer might have some odd items in your service record about parts you never ordered that can cause confusion at some point. Eg a recall on parts might not get tagged if they see you bought the "fixed" version of a part.
First thing I could think of that is a tangible problem.

Then there are the times when a stolen car gets counterfeit VIN numbers but that is rare. They are more commonly pulling the real VIN plates out of a wreck and using them on high end cars. (think stolen exotics where a wrecked Lambo's scrap value might be in the VIN number more than the parts)

Reactions: samori01
Order date was 8/23 and completed the profile about a week later. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Interesting, I order the same day and took me about a week to complete the form. Although the only thing I left behind was the trade-in. I was debating if I should or shouldn't add it. In hindsight, I should have done cash right away and changed it later. But honestly, I don't think there is any logic to EDD. There is another member here, also from Toronto that ordered two days after me and he has an earlier EDD and 14 days window. Who knows? Certainly not the SAs :)

Reactions: samori01
Entered edd for the 3rd time in January and it moved again… 1/20-1/31.
I'm jealous. I never entered my EDD. They always moved it on me before that milestone, it will be epic when that happens to me!
I already have the right bottle of wine waiting to be cracked opened when I reach my EDD... and wait to see the one I have ready for the delivery date, I made sure to chose one that ages well. :)

Reactions: jennpeterson90
I'm jealous. I never entered my EDD. They always moved it on me before that milestone, it will be epic when that happens to me!
I already have the right bottle of wine waiting to be cracked opened when I reach my EDD... and wait to see the one I have ready for the delivery date, I made sure to chose one that ages well. :)
I have never entered my EDD, I was always close to it, the closest I got to it was when I got a vin which was two days prior