Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My saga of delivery continues. Apparently there are shipping delays and my car is sitting in a lot for all other cars destined for Northern California, Reno, Oregon etc. I was supposed to pick up 1/23 then it got pushed to 1/24 now they are hoping 1/26 and might deliver to my house direct from the car hauler. The app still says pick up is in Rocklin so I’m just waiting to see what happens.
Oof - that's rough. To make it through the long wait and finally get a VIN to have delivery delays like that on the final stretch.

My delivery is still on for tomorrow afternoon. Just got an automated call from Tesla confirming my appointment. Thankfully I am super busy with work today and tomorrow morning to keep me preoccupied and make the time go by fast.

I told the wife and kids to not expect me for dinner tomorrow as I will be busy playing around and driving the Tesla all night! Delivery is scheduled at home between 4-8PM.

I just got my VIN number today!!! My OD was 8/4 for a 7 seater.

What is weird is that my VIN number is so early compared to everyone else that has received their VIN: NF3605. Everyone else receiving VIN#s is 363-365

Is this strange to anyone? Worried that this won't have the AMD chip or if this was someone else's rejected car.
It may be a different numbering system for 7 seaters. Just a hunch.

OK. so now the situation just got so real. I just received a notification that my MY can get delivered to my house this week. I was expecting to pick it up from a delivery center. Should that be a concern? Personally, I would prefer to pick the vehicle from a DC so I can take my time and inspect the car. Can I have the option to change the delivery method?

VIN day for me! Delivery window Jan 26 - Jan 30!
Home delivery scheduled for this Friday, 1/28! Unfortunately it sounds like I’m not getting the AMD chip, which is lowkey disappointing, but beggars can’t be choosers. Also sounds like I’m not getting mud flaps or PPF included (also lame!), but I guess we’ll find out if that’s the case later this week.

I just got my VIN number today!!! My OD was 8/4 for a 7 seater.

What is weird is that my VIN number is so early compared to everyone else that has received their VIN: NF3605. Everyone else receiving VIN#s is 363-365

Is this strange to anyone? Worried that this won't have the AMD chip or if this was someone else's rejected car.
I noticed that the more eastwards you are, the more likely you are to get VIn 363xx or a bit lower, and the west side folks getting 367xxx, It could be that these vehicles are produced beforehand and take all that time to reach east USA from Fremont, vs poeple like me who are closer to California.

Home delivery scheduled for this Friday, 1/28! Unfortunately it sounds like I’m not getting the AMD chip, which is lowkey disappointing, but beggars can’t be choosers. Also sounds like I’m not getting mud flaps or PPF included (also lame!), but I guess we’ll find out if that’s the case later this week.
No mudflaps or ppf on my car either. I plan to tint and ppf the entire car next week but don't want to leave it anywhere just yet 😂😂😂

Reactions: kjudd11
Screenshot_20220124-150128.png

The EDD window for my August 7-seater order broadened got pushed out after getting inside a 1 week EDD range.

Went from Jan-23 to Feb-1 to Jan-28 to Feb-25

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01
EDD change #6 on 01/24: 01/28 - 02/25
8/18....SMH

Reactions: arctangent