Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new ride! Quick question, I am in a similar boat in regards to the charger being mounted in the wall closest to the passenger side, opposite of the charging port. I did not want to run conduit across to the other side for cost and aesethtic reasons. You will have to let me about your experience with your wall charger location.
We had a similar situation - charger was on the passenger side, but all our EVs have had their charging ports on the driver’s side. Our cable was long enough to reach the other side with no issues for all 3 cars.

We recently put in a new charger that can give us faster charging for whenever we finally get our Y, and we put it in a central location (we have a 6-car garage, with a post that we mounted this to). The cable is long enough that we could charge in any spot in the garage.

Reactions: Firocity and EvEv
Greetings from a new Tesla MYLR owner. I ordered 8/22 and took delivery on 01/25 in Lynnwood WA. What a great car and a great experience at the delivery center. Like everybody else, my EDD bounced around like a basketball. While waiting, I watched probably 1000 YouTube videos about the car. When I sat in it the first time I had something similar to writer’s block. Just doing the simple things like defrosting the windows or playing music was a challenge. After a few hours I’m good. The sound system in it is unlike any other. Incredible. To all you waiting, I have to say….it’s absolutely worth the wait. My only issue is spending money on all of the accessories.

Greetings from a new Tesla MYLR owner. I ordered 8/22 and took delivery on 01/25 in Lynnwood WA. What a great car and a great experience at the delivery center. Like everybody else, my EDD bounced around like a basketball. While waiting, I watched probably 1000 YouTube videos about the car. When I sat in it the first time I had something similar to writer’s block. Just doing the simple things like defrosting the windows or playing music was a challenge. After a few hours I’m good. The sound system in it is unlike any other. Incredible. To all you waiting, I have to say….it’s absolutely worth the wait. My only issue is spending money on all of the accessories.
I watched the "meet your model y" videos that morning as a refresh. - When I got in the car I thought hummmm how do I drive?😂😂😂 messed with the features for over an hour and a half and after that attempted my 1st drive around the block 😂

Are u in SoCal? We might get the last batch of Midnight silver for August orders.
Yes I am. But honestly I’ve got 2 EOQ rush vehicles previously, not that interested this time.

My original Model Y (Dec 2020) came with its fair share of problems that were all addressed by Tesla but still had to give them my new car for over a week to get them addressed.