Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications And Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will pick up mine tomorrow in a Ross Dress For Less parking lot in Sherman Oaks, it's my 3rd Tesla and each time is very different! I asked for home delivery but they couldn't, no surprise with the EQO crush. I'll post photos of the delivery experience. It's very confusing because my appointment says Burbank but they don't deliver new cars there anymore due to lack of space.

I got the VIN via a text message on 8/30 (ordered LR+ on 7/9), with a link to set up my delivery date for 9/21-22. The VIN has still not appeared in my account - the only place I see it is in the text message.
Took delivery on 9/22 in Vienna, VA (Tysons Corner) - on battery day - as I watched the stock tumble. :( Car had 108 mi charge indication - had tech put more charge on for my 70-mi drive home. One would think they would deliver with a full charge....

I ordered an X, LR+ on 9/21. On 9/22 I received confirmation of the order and on 9/23 was given a VIN. They are estimating delivery between 9/26-9/30. I guess they had one that aligned to my order and are getting it on a truck to CO. We're pretty damned excited!

I picked up my new X LR+ today in Sherman Oaks at a pop up delivery location in a parking lot. It was my 3rd and by far best delivery experience yet! No wait, gave my ID and was handed my keys and given the location number in row “Mars”. I had all the time I wanted to inspect before signing and driving 50 feet to check out. I found no issues at all, just a very minor paint knob at the corner of a trim piece by the hood that can be smoothed down by mobile ranger.

I was in and out in 40 minutes since I checked over everything twice. 240 mile range that translates to 352 mile range at 100%. 20”, 7 seater, white exterior, black interior. I love it! The Raven suspension and efficiency is a big improvement over the 2017 I rented.

Premium trial activated before I left the lot, and app access took about an hour. I am thrilled!

Attachments

• CFD45ECB-EE01-49F3-9CDA-85018FDA3073.jpeg
    CFD45ECB-EE01-49F3-9CDA-85018FDA3073.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 06E22893-0A42-4532-8CE6-D71E09221108.jpeg
    06E22893-0A42-4532-8CE6-D71E09221108.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 69875DB0-65D9-4342-874A-2D17C94ABE47.jpeg
    69875DB0-65D9-4342-874A-2D17C94ABE47.jpeg
    717.9 KB · Views: 62
This will be my first Tesla. I sold my GTR to buy this car. :)

Went to Tesla Buena Park on 09/20 and put down an order for a "pre-production" model - MX LR+, Blue Ext, White Int, FSD, 20" Wheels, 7 Seats. However, up till today, I still haven't received my VIN. I called my DA and he said VIN is assigned already but it just hasn't appeared on my end yet.

I'm located in SoCal. Based on your experience guys, do you think I'll be able to receive the car on or before 9/30? The anticipation is killing me!!

Went to Tesla Buena Park on 09/20 and put down an order for a "pre-production" model - MX LR+, Blue Ext, White Int, FSD, 20" Wheels, 7 Seats. However, up till today, I still haven't received my VIN. I called my DA and he said VIN is assigned already but it just hasn't appeared on my end yet.

I'm located in SoCal. Based on your experience guys, do you think I'll be able to receive the car on or before 9/30? The anticipation is killing me!!
Congrats on the order! My VIN to delivery was 5 days but it could have been as short as 3 days since I am in socal as well. Have you checked your account to see if the vin is there yet? I think you have a good chance of taking delivery this month. But no big deal if a few days late as long as you get it. There are no EOQ promotions that I am aware of. You just don’t want to have to wait 8-10 weeks until Dec if they don’t make your vehicle before switching to EU and APAC.

Congrats on the order! My VIN to delivery was 5 days but it could have been as short as 3 days since I am in socal as well. Have you checked your account to see if the vin is there yet? I think you have a good chance of taking delivery this month. But no big deal if a few days late as long as you get it. There are no EOQ promotions that I am aware of. You just don’t want to have to wait 8-10 weeks until Dec if they don’t make your vehicle before switching to EU and APAC.
I checked this morning and my VIN is there! Does that mean I have a good chance for delivery this month?

What?! No performance model to replace the GTR?

-ThinkMac-