Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications And Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the email and a text to confirm delivery / collection date.
For me it’s the perfect date. 23rd September 2020
As it’s the day after battery day!
Hopefully I’m risk free because as I have said already.
No changes at battery day. = I will collect
Changes but my car has them = I will collect
Changes but not coming for 6 -12 months = I will cancel and reorder then wait.
So best case is it’s got any thing announced at battery day! Either way I’m well chuffed.

Reactions: CPhoenix and tony4d
Well picked up my X yesterday, quite a pleasant experience all round. Staff were super helpful and even had 225miles ready in the battery (was expecting a lot lower).

Few niggles but no show stoppers (all being fixed when it gets booked in):
Scratched rear light cluster
Bonnet paintwork needs touch up
Bumper need realigning
Tiny hole in the door card
Rear window needs re-alignment

Calibration was done in about 15 or 20 miles. Charges happily off my 16a (240v) socket until I get my proper charger installed on Thursday.
Still waiting I don't have my wife or son in the car before I go beyond sport mode :p Still ....bloody hell, just as quick as I remember. :D

Reactions: VikH and MarkoC
Few niggles but no show stoppers (all being fixed when it gets booked in):
Scratched rear light cluster
Bonnet paintwork needs touch up
Bumper need realigning
Tiny hole in the door card
Rear window needs re-alignment

Here we go again, just some basic stuff that we see as minor issues! I agree it is given the state of some of the cars they put out.
But It still worries me, I am guessing that this car was £85,000+ You see where this rant is going don't you all!

Tell me and let's be really honest here, really honest. Can any other company put cars out like this and it be seen as minor issues.

I get it I really do, thats a snag list I would be ok with. Not happy but ok, but I still have to ask myself why is this acceptable. its £85,000+ !!!!

Here we go again, just some basic stuff that we see as minor issues! I agree it is given the state of some of the cars they put out.
But It still worries me, I am guessing that this car was £85,000+ You see where this rant is going don't you all!

Tell me and let's be really honest here, really honest. Can any other company put cars out like this and it be seen as minor issues.

I get it I really do, thats a snag list I would be ok with. Not happy but ok, but I still have to ask myself why is this acceptable. its £85,000+ !!!!
I think it’s acceptable because we are buying “high tech” not “yet another luxury vehicle”.

Agree and disagree.
It has 4 wheels and a steering wheel. it’s a car, but made by a tech company.
Nether less it’s a car. Until FSD is released and fully operational in all countries to me it’s a car.
Don’t get me wrong I love the MODEL X. I mean I must right... I’m buying one for £98.000.

I'm in WA. Received text this morning saying my X (custom ordered) start moving now to my pickup location.
Schedule for pickup will be available this afternoon. My account has Estimated Delivery 9/20 to 9/26.
I haven't got VIN yet but probably once delivery appointment available.

Last edited:
No VIN no update, I am starting to suspect I won’t get my new X by end of month. Has anyone in CA taken delivery of a new custom (non inventory) X in the last week?
I checked the website this morning, all the sudden I have a VIN number and delivery date tomorrow! Then, I got a voice message from Tesla that indeed it will happen. Short notice but I am ready for it so we’ll see tomorrow. I am in California

Reactions: BM3B
I checked the website this morning, all the sudden I have a VIN number and delivery date tomorrow! Then, I got a voice message from Tesla that indeed it will happen. Short notice but I am ready for it so we’ll see tomorrow. I am in California
Well that post worked! My SA called today and said I have a VIN and X is in route to Woodland Hills from Fremont. Burbank is closer but full! I scheduled delivery for Thursday after battery day