Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aus Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot, the reservation holders do get privileged, we get to spend 4500$ for our deposit instead of 3000$. That's pretty terrible that the system doesn't even acknowledge the reservation cost we forked out for...
I'm a bit annoyed about that TBO.

I will be ordering later on tonight though, baaaa baaa.
White basic performance.

It makes mention that the performance ad-on, increases the top speed. I hope the 0-100 3.4s is the same for the basic and the performance package. Otherwise, why call it performance in the first place, it is basically a LR dual motor M3. Can anyone see any other difference?

Reactions: nigwil and Miggy
I will be ordering later on tonight though, baaaa baaa.
White basic performance.

Same choice here. Overall they are extracting more $ from me than originally intended - but Ive already messaged the kids that it will be coming out of their inheritance and they are fine with it :)

I hope the 0-100 3.4s is the same for the basic and the performance package. Otherwise, why call it performance in the first place, it is basically a LR dual motor M3. Can anyone see any other difference?

I cant see any difference.

So, can they say this? Is it actually likely? What if you buy and it doesn't come? Is it approved to actually be allowed in Australia?

"Coming later this year:
  • Recognise and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a car park. Really.
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from motorway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars."

So, can they say this? Is it actually likely? What if you buy and it doesn't come? Is it approved to actually be allowed in Australia?

Yes (they are) / Eventually / You keep waiting / Not yet as there's nothing concrete to be approved yet.
Personally I will wait and order FSD later as
- No LCTax later
- Might be a special deal at some stage
- I would like to see it approved and working (as you point out) in Aus.

Reactions: Stratman
Order in - White Performance.
Was originally budgeting $90K for the expected LR AWD so Ill be eating
baked beans for a while to make up the difference.
Finally got my referral code entered in together with my reservation. Seemed to want to configure with either one or the other but not both together. After a bit of back and forward it showed both (you can see them both in the page URL as you step through) and finished showing the reservation payment, the $3K payment and the 1500Km referral. A shame the kM boost ended a day ago!

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.17.19 pm.jpg

Reactions: ittah
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between our performance model and the full fat performance model? Is it the same as the LR AWD model?
Also can the performance pack be added after delivery?
I'm confused too, it appears its a LR AWD, with the performance acceleration. No track mode or top speed extension...

I doubt you can do the remaining performance pack items after purchase, they are mostly hardware items like wheels, bigger brakes, lowered suspension, pedals.

How many of us have ordered Model 3s now and what did we specify? Any guesses for how many on the August ship?
I’d hate to make a guess, but I will say they are a lot of coin. Even the SR is a lot more money than most people spend on a car, let alone a medium sized sedan. This ultimately will limit huge sales (unfortunately because I want the electric car revolution to flourish in Australia). If you are dead set on buying an electric car now, then the SR is compelling next to the limited choice we have here currently, both from a financial and feature /aesthetic point of view in my opinion..
The performance model ticks more boxes for me than being just a car, it is beautiful, technologically advanced and has amazing performance. (And I can take the kids to school) Thus mostly justifying the extra cost. In saying that, being electric is very important to me , otherwise I’d by an RS3 for around the same price.