Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Q3 (Jul - Sep) MY Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5515.jpeg

IMG_5516.jpeg

How does tesla allocation system work exactly?
How on the earth that the new order EDD is closer than my order EDD which was placed three weeks ago?

🤣any thoughts anyone?

Would be be better just cancel current order and place a new one with closer EDD?

Th
View attachment 941847

View attachment 941848

How on the earth that the new order EDD is closer than my order EDD which was placed three weeks ago?

🤣any thoughts anyone?

Would be be better just cancel current order and place a new one with closer EDD?
There’s a white and blue RWD available on the website now. As inventory. If you’re in SA.

View attachment 941847

View attachment 941848

🤣any thoughts anyone?

PS. Just called Tesla out of curiosity. He thinks (I'd like to think he's right) that the range quoted is Australia wide at time of order, and not state specific. And given there is some stock in SA it is bringing it forward artificially for other states?

It doesn't quite make sense for you...if you're in SA. But that was their reasoning. Also WA is different, so it's certainly not nationwide. I mentioned this and he subsequently "flagged it" and will get someone to give me call with an answer.

PS. Just called Tesla out of curiosity. He thinks (I'd like to think he's right) that the range quoted is Australia wide at time of order, and not state specific. And given there is some stock in SA it is bringing it forward artificially for other states?

It doesn't quite make sense for you...if you're in SA. But that was their reasoning. Also WA is different, so it's certainly not nationwide. I mentioned this and he subsequently "flagged it" and will get someone to give me call with an answer.
Thx a lot for the information. I think most SA just liked us, had no clue of what was happening. Flagged it and get back to you was a standard salesperson procedure but curious to see what he can come up with.

Thx a lot for the information. I think most SA just liked us, had no clue of what was happening. Flagged it and get back to you was a standard salesperson procedure but curious to see what he can come up with.
PS. Sorry for slow update. The SA came up with nothing useful. The June to August is “correct” and orders will update. Nothing has updated, but based on people who ordered well before us still not getting it this financial year I really am not surprised. I suspect the SAs simply have no idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey fam.
Joined to share the anxiety.

Ordered on Wednesday 05/JULY

RWD
Black exterior
Black interior
20' Induction
MELB

No VIN allocated yet.
Estimate: July - September

*was scouting the inventory list for the past couple of weeks. No such luck for my build.
There is one just like the one I'm after but in SYD. :(

Reactions: THYRWD