Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any experts knowledgeable about PPF? Is it advisable to invest in it for shielding against stone chips on highways? However, considering the necessity of unwrapping the car every 4-5 years, could this potentially cause damage to the paint, almost the same outcome as the effects of stone chips?
I’m debating as well whether I stick to my original plan and just do ceramic cost + tint or get PPF to the front to minimise stone chips etc. Plenty of polarising views around as to whether it’s worth paying the fairly high prices for PPF vs just using that money to repair damaged panels when required. 🤷‍♂️

I’m debating as well whether I stick to my original plan and just do ceramic cost + tint or get PPF to the front to minimise stone chips etc. Plenty of polarising views around as to whether it’s worth paying the fairly high prices for PPF vs just using that money to repair damaged panels when required. 🤷‍♂️
I didn’t do ppf but got paint protection and minor paint repair insurance thru my NL.

Reactions: ezpz
I haven’t heard of PPF damaging factory paint. I’ve on,y heard stories of PPF damaging paint as it was applied too soon after a car was repainted or the paint was not correctly applied.
My 9 year old Model S would have many more chips in the paint were it not for the PPF but it doesn’t stop everything.
I've heard that removing the PPF wrap might harm the paint underneath, though I'm uncertain about its truth. Also, could you share how often you renew the PPF on your 9-year-old Tesla?

I've heard that removing the PPF wrap might harm the paint underneath, though I'm uncertain about its truth. Also, could you share how often you renew the PPF on your 9-year-old Tesla?
In my case it’s still the original PPF. It has only a few rock marks on the bonnet and a scuff mark on the bumper but so far as I can see the paint underneath is unscathed.
I got a quote to replace the front PPF from the installer some time ago and he tells me he has removed and replaced PPF many times.

@dronus Can you enlighten me how to join these two front grill together? i think its missing something important in the middle lol I got this from x-car
Image_20240412191917.png

@dronus Can you enlighten me how to join these two front grill together? i think its missing something important in the middle lol I got this from x-carView attachment 1037949
They lock together, line up the little lugs to the holes and push it in. It had me stumped the first time too, just have a closer look, you’ll kick yourself when you see it.
It doesn’t require any other parts

Has anyone got the official Tesla rear seat pet liner yet?
I have a pretty decent one but that one looks even better, protecting the doors better and allowing the dog to stick its head out the window etc.
Just curious how they fit to the door..

Has anyone got the official Tesla rear seat pet liner yet?
I have a pretty decent one but that one looks even better, protecting the doors better and allowing the dog to stick its head out the window etc.
Just curious how they fit to the door..
Well I ordered one. I like how it covers all of the seat including the side where the dogs paws land when he jumps in, and it looks heaps cleaner.
Will post pics and review when it arrives.

Reactions: Tesl3on
Interesting review of a phone dashboard for Model 3/Y. I like the idea but having it block the vents might annoy me on the hotter days. In saying that, it probably doesnt need to be attached in that exact spot.

*edit* Apologies, I've just realised this isnt a new product. Seems like quite a few of the Tesla youtubers have already done reviews.

Last edited:
Looks tidy!

I was blown away with the quality of the Haloblk gear that arrived yesterday. Even the cupholder bin is premium. I picked up the mats, roof shades boot storage bins and cupholder bin.

Now I just need a car to go with all these Tesla accessories.
My mats finally arrived and are, as you say, top-shelf quality. The roof sunshade and the windscreen sunshade are also very good (the windscreen shade took me a little while to get used to setting up, but easy with practice and works well).

Reactions: dronus
Has anyone purchased and installed a Halo BLK side mirror cap? If so, does anyone have pictures and can share their verdict on it?
Yes I have
They’re a perfect fit. Great quality as with all other haloblk products.

Reactions: Arashiii