Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts:

Comes in a carry bag
Top notch quality material.
So soft, looks comfy for dog.
Should catch all the pubes.
Fits the seat perfect, including the sides where the dog jumps in.
Has a big vented window to allow air thru and let the dog watch YouTube.
Velcro holes for restraining lead.
Smells Wickid.
Comes with door flaps to cover doors.
Easy to install and remove.

Not sure about yet:
The door panels are fitted by sliding soft plastic tabs between the window and the inside seal. Not sure if that will mark or damage the tint. Could always take off the drivers side before opening or closing the door.

Apart from that I really like it. The dog has gotten used to not going near the windows as the other hammock prevented him from getting close. See how he goes, I’ll do anything to keep that stinky heeler happy!

Reactions: PcS000
Only other thing I can think of with the pet thing is.. the other one I had was tighter behind the seats and the dog liked to lay there instead of on the seats. It was probably smoother. This new one drops down there so he can’t. But I guess I could put a towel underneath it.
Or he can suck it up.

Yes I have
They’re a perfect fit. Great quality as with all other haloblk products.

nice just ordered as well, do you have a carbon fibre spoiler too that matches the side mirrors?

Forgive me for not having read the full 74 pages... is there a spreadsheet of recommended/compatible accessories or something I can squiz at?

Looking for all-weather floormats for the M3H - was looking at these - anyone got them or a better suggestion?
I have these and they’re on sale at the moment too.
They look and feel nicer than just plan rubber mats. There also always the HaloBlk mats too - but they’re a little more expensive than $90! 😝

I have these and they’re on sale at the moment too.
They look and feel nicer than just plan rubber mats. There also always the HaloBlk mats too - but they’re a little more expensive than $90! 😝
Yeah I have the x-car rubber mats and they are heaps good. No fancy carpet but I’m cool with that, especially as winter approaches.

Reactions: PcS000
They lock together, line up the little lugs to the holes and push it in. It had me stumped the first time too, just have a closer look, you’ll kick yourself when you see it.
It doesn’t require any other parts
A double kicking for me. It took me too long to realise that you have to remove the grill layer to expose the holes properly so you can insert the male end. Dohhh!

Reactions: Arashiii and dronus
Sure do. But I don’t think the highland version is available yet. I also have the carbon fibre interior trims from them.
One more question: Since you've been using modifications with the 3M adhesive sticking onto the car, do you apply them onto the PPF or directly onto the paint? And will they still be removable without harming the car's paint? The reason I ask is because I'm getting the PPF tomorrow and I'm unsure whether to stick the carbon fibre onto the PPF or directly onto the paint before applying the PPF over them.

Reactions: sammody
A couple more things happened today.

First, this:

1713417125632.jpeg

Item is the 2024 Highland version of the central display swivel. Widely available on AliExpress for around $100. I bought locally for a bit extra for 'returnability' if needed.

That said, I like it!

It's not perfect. None of the Highland swivels seem to be made specifically for RHD and LHD, so we RHD plebs get the LHD-oriented version. When installation is complete, the screen is 1-2cm closer to the driver in an RHD car, and 1-2cm lower also. For a short-arse like me, this means that I can't see the bottom right corner of the main screen without moving my head to see around the steering wheel. But most of what happens down there (wipers, media) can also be controlled from the steering wheel, so no biggie. 'Gear' shift is also a little obscured - but it's not a huge thing and will disappear completely when my S3XY Knob arrives.

Fit and finish is fine. Maybe it doesn't fit into the space quite as well as the OEM part - but unless you are lying on the floor, you won't notice. The tilt/swivel is very firm. There is no noticeable 'wobble'. Speed display is now closer to centre-line and easier to read.

Current assessment is 8/10, and definitely a keeper.

And this (very minor by comparison):

1713417460358.jpeg

I ordered one of these back in January from AliExpress. It never arrived. After some argy bargy, the platform stepped in and refunded my $5.48. (It's amazing the little things you are prepared to chase up when you are retired...) I re-bought for $7 from local eBay and it arrived in a couple of days.

It is what it is. Seems sufficiently sturdy and useful. It's also staying on the car.

I have not yet gone back to try re-installing the front boot suction device. Maybe in a few weeks. I think it needs a spare half day of fine tuning and frigging around.

Where did you get it from?

I found this: Swivel Screen Mount For Tesla
Seems to mention it being 'specifically designed for RHD'

Says that. Isn't. Previous (pre-Highland) products were made in LHD and RHD versions. Difference is placement of the pivot on the bracket assembly, which has the effect of moving the centre of the screen left or right a bit. Manufacturer (I think there's probably one one actual manufacturer, and a million resellers) currently only making one version, that they market as 'suitable for LHD or RHD'. It can be installed in either vehicle, but would probably be a bit better in LHD.