Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raking up the km now… still no software update. And i have a faulty circuit breaker in my shed that wont let any more than 18a thru it haha, ordered a new one.

IMG_8823.jpeg

Sirarcha is a very dirty girl!

20240204_163852.jpg
20240204_163846.jpg

Took her out for a good run today, just under 500km. Did a lot of EAP/FSD on the way out, I know I've said it before but I gotta say again I just LOVE that we don't have to tug the wheel anymore for a lane change!

1707026583977.png

Did a heap of hairpins through the mountains on the way out to Nowra as well, which was a heap of fun in the highland, handles the curves so well and the instant torque accelerating out of them is so much fun!

Also got plenty of dirt/gravel roads on the way back which is why she is getting a bath now.

EAP/FSD was flawless, just one slight decel when it was on a single lane undivided road, reacted to another car coming the other direction as we rounded a corner, but only dropped a few km/h and it actually reacted and got back up to speed before I could even put my foot down so was very happy with that.

Voice commands are a god send, was navigating it around all the various beach names around Nowra, Evans Head, etc, no issues at all, and the "Find me a coffee" got me a list of about 10 nearby cafe's telling me which were open and which weren't, etc.

Wipers are very sensitive, went off quite a number of times but just one wipe each time. Windscreen was pretty filthy though with all the dust and bug guts etc. Still haven't had any rain to try it in.

Was going to take her out tonight to try out the matrix headlights, but I'll probably give her (me) a rest.

• Love
Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
Sirarcha is a very dirty girl!

View attachment 1015130View attachment 1015131

Took her out for a good run today, just under 500km. Did a lot of EAP/FSD on the way out, I know I've said it before but I gotta say again I just LOVE that we don't have to tug the wheel anymore for a lane change!

View attachment 1015132

Did a heap of hairpins through the mountains on the way out to Nowra as well, which was a heap of fun in the highland, handles the curves so well and the instant torque accelerating out of them is so much fun!

Also got plenty of dirt/gravel roads on the way back which is why she is getting a bath now.
Out of curiousity, what do you have your steering set too?

Few observations from todays local driving.

1. I love this car.

2. I took a petrolhead nonbeliever friend for a drive. It was hot today and once i showed him how to open the door he got in. Looked around and said “holy dooly, this is really nice” yep, and at precooled 20 degrees when it was so hot out there it was double nice.
Took him for a drive, he was mesmerised and impressed which is saying something.

3. Reluctantly had to park at some local shops. Not many options but i found a spot away from most others. I actually really like the new parking 3d thing. Using that in conjunction with the mirrors i nailed it first time. Checking sentry mode when i got back i saw a few people pointing and taking photos of the car, thats heaps cool.

4. The m3h looks like a sports car in the carpark. All the generic SUVs look so dated.

5. Dang i love driving this car.

6. I put waze on my phone and sent the alerts to the car. The phone can just sit on the wireless charger, no need to add on the holder i bought, works well.

7. Got it back in the shed, played some games, cranked some tunes. Awesome.

IMG_8833.jpeg
IMG_8837.jpeg

Have you guys tried using shortcuts through iPhone yet with the Tesla? I think it might solve one issue I have, I want to only charge daily from 10pm - 6am to take advantage of off peak juice. I can see you can create a shortcut to start charging via a shortcut and then stop charging via a shortcut which I could schedule daily. Any thoughts or people used this yet?

Reactions: dronus
Have you guys tried using shortcuts through iPhone yet with the Tesla? I think it might solve one issue I have, I want to only charge daily from 10pm - 6am to take advantage of off peak juice. I can see you can create a shortcut to start charging via a shortcut and then stop charging via a shortcut which I could schedule daily. Any thoughts or people used this yet?
I was thinking today how you could stop charging at a certain time to utilise the lowest tarrif during the day 10am-3pm. I had got home a bit later than expected and wanted to stop by 3pm but had to set myself a reminder like a schmuck.
I cant see anywhere in the tesla stuff to do it, but im also interested to hear if shortcuts can be used.