Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this mark on the centre arm rest is just me being OCD, but it was on the car when I collected it and I figured an interior detailing spray would make quick work of it, however I was very wrong. I’ve tried both interior cleaners from Gyeon and Chemical Guys, as well as Orange Agent from Bowdens, which is an all purpose cleaner.

Any tips? 😬
View attachment 1021890
If you haven't done over the 50km since collection, just log it in the service app.

Reactions: Tesl3on
I still question what it's like for other drivers, no doubt it looks cool as hell to us, but really more important to see what it looks like from the other drivers perspective.
Yeah, can't anser that question.

I do know in preious cars where they would dim a whole section, people still saw that the other headlight 'looked bright' and would flash even though it clearly was not affecting them, so I'm sure there will be some of that sort of reaction until people get more used to the technology. Until I come accross another car or have time to set up a deliberate test, I can't really answer your question though.

Yeah, can't anser that question.

I do know in preious cars where they would dim a whole section, people still saw that the other headlight 'looked bright' and would flash even though it clearly was not affecting them, so I'm sure there will be some of that sort of reaction until people get more used to the technology. Until I come accross another car or have time to set up a deliberate test, I can't really answer your question though.
In Adelaide the solution is to flash them back, if that doesnt fix it just tailgate and brake check them until they comply....

I noticed the other night that mine were excluding those big reflective road signs they have in country Victoria quite well.. big relief as they are very bright.
Same, it's hard to pick up in the videos as they are obviously designed to reflect any light and cameras don't pick that sort of thing up very well in low light, but you can definitely notice it in person.

Reactions: dronus
Disregard - if anyone is in Adelaide and interested here is the AGL TOU times... Ive changed my scheduled charging to reflect this..

Peak 6am -> 10am 48c/kwh
Shoulder 10am -> 3pm 28c/kwh
Peak 3pm -> 1am 48c/kwh
Off Peak 1am -> 6am 32c/kwh

I was originally told off peak was 11pm so thats when i had been running dishwashers/ charging car etc but if im home probs best to crank that up during the day or after 1am. hmmmmmmmm

Just looking around some of the pubic chargers closer to Adelaide and some are cheaper and faster than charging at home even off peak.
25c for some 7 and 22kw 3 phase during the day.

Reactions: Jules22 and paulp
Just looking around some of the pubic chargers closer to Adelaide and some are cheaper and faster than charging at home even off peak.
25c for some 7 and 22kw 3 phase during the day.
If you ever visit the airport and want to recoup some of the parking cost they screw you for, the free ev charging on level 2 just past the main walkway are very fast. Havn’t checked the speed but fairly sure they are 11kw 3 phase. I try to arrive fairly low especially when on a day trip.

• Informative
Reactions: dronus and Jules22
If you ever visit the airport and want to recoup some of the parking cost they screw you for, the free ev charging on level 2 just past the main walkway are very fast. Havn’t checked the speed but fairly sure they are 11kw 3 phase. I try to arrive fairly low especially when on a day trip.
Cool so you can just leave your car there for however long? No idle fees etc?

I do fly about a bit so that’s probably a pretty good deal. Usually i get work to pay for taxi but yeah for personal its prob cheaper than taxi if you factor in the full charge :)

Cool so you can just leave your car there for however long? No idle fees etc?

I do fly about a bit so that’s probably a pretty good deal. Usually i get work to pay for taxi but yeah for personal its prob cheaper than taxi if you factor in the full charge :)
There are no idle fees, just have to hope there is an available charger, there are 4…maybe its 6. Sometimes it’s byo cable, other times cables are there. Just make sure someone hasnt turned off the isolator next to the charger. The best bit though is the spaces are extra wide and have a 1m walkway between them to the charger, so brilliant for avoiding door dents. I’ve never seen them broken. They are a destination charger.

Finally picked up my LR.

Interestingly, the range estimate both on screen and in the Tessie app is significantly lower than my old car, and according to the Tessie average already showing 0.7% degradation.

Tessie on my old car when set to 100% would show 571km.
This car shows 493km.

Actual range seems very similar but the displayed range and theoretical maximum is super super low.

Anyone else with a LR able to tell me what their range shows at 100%?

Finally picked up my LR.

Interestingly, the range estimate both on screen and in the Tessie app is significantly lower than my old car, and according to the Tessie average already showing 0.7% degradation.

Tessie on my old car when set to 100% would show 571km.
This car shows 493km.

Actual range seems very similar but the displayed range and theoretical maximum is super super low.

Anyone else with a LR able to tell me what their range shows at 100%?
Doednt that change as it learns how you drive?

Inside the app it had both max range and “real world range”.

My old car the max range was basically the battery capacity divided by the average consumption advertised.
Eg. 78.5kWh battery divide by average consumption of 14kW/100mh
About 560.

This match the range shown on the centre screen if you choose km instead of %.

Purely math.

The real world range inside the Tessie app, and the ranges inside the consumption app on the car screen change depending on how you drive.

I guess I’m just curious as to why my theoretical estimated range is so low compared to my old LR.
Maybe Tesla are using a more accurate denominator instead of the highly optimistic 14kW/100km?

Would mean the car is now using about 15.5 as the average?