Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So paid a bit more attention to regen on the drive this morning and really wasn't able to tell the difference particularly at the end of the ramp.

I've had. 6 for a while though and tend to start regen early and feather it in as required so it's possible I just adapted to it without noticing.

I really suspect if they changed anything that they may have slightly changed the ramp that takes effect.
I think they have just changed the regen curve, I notice it most at the end of the braking curve. Up I until yesterday I would never need the brake to get it to a full stop on the speed I was driving at an intersection. Now I’m having to apply brake right at the end. For the last 10-15kph sort of thing

Reactions: dronus and Jules22
I think they have just changed the regen curve, I notice it most at the end of the braking curve. Up I until yesterday I would never need the brake to get it to a full stop on the speed I was driving at an intersection. Now I’m having to apply brake right at the end. For the last 10-15kph sort of thing

itll probably be better for me, since when I alternate and drive my wife's family SUV diesel I am forgetting there is a brake pedal which requires usage

Reactions: dronus
Im looking into divorcing myself from my long term Apple relationship.
Considering something like the Nothing Phone 2 or the OnePlus 12

Does anyone here have one of these phones who can comment on Tesla App compatibility?
Tesla app works well on all those phones except for the uwb which is yet to arrive in the android app. I tried in many different versions from android 9 all the way to my latest s24ultra with android 14. All worked flawlessly. So nothing to be afraid of for nothing or oneplus.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and dronus
Just got approached while picking up dinner by a couple of cops.

They looked at the car and one said “that looks awesome..” i did the only thing appropriate and entertained them with the fart noises.
when I was approached on my S about 8 years ago I challenged them to a drag race…they declined. Probably knew they would lose.

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
random question:

When charging on a slow charger (<25kw) obviously the charge rate slows right down towards the end. The car gets to 99% as indicated on the screen and charging app. The car then goes to 'calibrating' and the charging app stays on 99% and indicates power is still being drawn until charging finishes at 100%.

On a slower charger this calibration time takes quite a few minuites. Is there any harm in disconnecting while it says calibrating or should you leave it connected at all costs? In my case calibration is done later at night while plugged in.

FWIW after disconnecting the the car indicates 100%.

Just curious....

Reactions: jeevas123
Haven't got a highland to try on but I've used the cheap kmart switch gaming controller with my model Y and it works. Easy enough to try out yourself and if they don't work then take them back for a refund.

What is the process to get the controller connected? I can seem to pair it but not connect it? I’m also getting the pro controller coming up and another random Bluetooth device with a serial number

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 21
I can't remember which mode I needed to use but try one of these. I think it was the Home and + button

View attachment 1023365
Thanks for this, I tried home and + but didn't see the controller, then tried home and A (and home and X) and got it registered as a 'Gamepad' but then it never leaves pairing mode (flashing lights) so doesn't seem to properly pair. Might be something I am doing wrong or maybe it no longer works :(

Thanks for this, I tried home and + but didn't see the controller, then tried home and A (and home and X) and got it registered as a 'Gamepad' but then it never leaves pairing mode (flashing lights) so doesn't seem to properly pair. Might be something I am doing wrong or maybe it no longer works :(
Ok I just tried and disconnected my controller.

Hold down the home + x button to put it in pair mode. I was then able to connect it to the car.

If the pairing mode flashes try holding down the home button which should stop the flashing and try again

random question:

When charging on a slow charger (<25kw) obviously the charge rate slows right down towards the end. The car gets to 99% as indicated on the screen and charging app. The car then goes to 'calibrating' and the charging app stays on 99% and indicates power is still being drawn until charging finishes at 100%.

On a slower charger this calibration time takes quite a few minuites. Is there any harm in disconnecting while it says calibrating or should you leave it connected at all costs? In my case calibration is done later at night while plugged in.

Just curious....
I don't think there is any issue in stopping charge at any time of the charging process. The thing that happens during calibration at the end of full charge is that it will slowly trickle charge and monitor the voltage. Let's say 420v is the max pack voltage. So when it reaches almost 410v it periodically stops the charging and wait and then check voltage if the voltage stays at the levels just before stopping the charge, then it resumes charging and repeat the process until the Battery voltage can no longer go up and record that as the Max SoC.

Reactions: dronus
Ok I just tried and disconnected my controller.

Hold down the home + x button to put it in pair mode. I was then able to connect it to the car.

If the pairing mode flashes try holding down the home button which should stop the flashing and try again
Ok gave that a shot and same issue. I did notice a nano second of a frame which looked like an error so I filmed it in slow mo and grabbed this frame. Looks like it might be a no go 😞

Attachments

• IMG_2312.png
    IMG_2312.png
    865.7 KB · Views: 17
random question:

Just curious....
If there is no warning in the manual then I would not be concerned.

After driving the loaner previous gen model 3 a couple days ago, it made me feel so glad I went for the highland. So much more refinement, quality, luxury fit and finish.

Oh and now that I'm used to the buttons and screen, I hated the stalks Hah!
It was all a bit of a storm in a teacup huh.

It takes vision and confidence to make change.

Its the same everytime someone changes things up, the people with fixed mindsets oppose it while those with open mindsets embrace it. Especially with things that have emotional attachment or evoke a “defend my ego” scenario.

Its how we can evolve, break the traditional “do as we tell you” and ultimately make the planet a better place; one stalk at a time :)

• Funny
Reactions: Mes1