Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know landlords are generally scummy, and ours most definitely are. But before we go and try and ask again, anyone here know if they could be right? My guess is they're misunderstood our request, and think we want to install actual EV charging. Does that increase insurance premiums?
I don't believe either a standard powerpoint nor an dedicated EV charging circuit would increase insurance. I've never seen that question on any insurance application.

If a powerpoint was installed by a non-qualified person and then caused a fire, then the insurer may be able to get out of paying, but I don't believe for a second that a properly installed anything will affect insurance premiums.

That's what we've been doing the last week since we bough the UMC. Just an annoying extra step to have to unplug the garage door unit.

We already have a double adaptor on that socket, because it's also powering a security camera that monitors our front door while we're at work.

But if there was a double adaptor that people recommended, I would get rid of the camera and do what you suggest.

Anyone know of a suitable product?
I am no electrician but I have something like this for my numerous computer equipment. This one rated to 15amps with surge protection.
Belkin BSV400au2M Travel Surge Protector, White and Grey, 4 https://amzn.asia/d/dKGCD6W

I’m sure there’s a highland version coming soon

The stalk kit for Model 3 Highland is now available online.

Comments on the Official Tesla Dog seat cover.

Its excellent quality, dont get me wrong, but is there a trick to keeping the plastic things tucked into the back of the seat so the cover doesnt just slide everywhere?
Ive tried to find anywhere that those plastic things can go in to stay in firmer but when the dog gets in there they just come back out.

Shirley there is something in there like a child tether point that they are supposed to connect to or something?

Or maybe i need to put a blanket on the back seat first to give it more traction?
Hi there! It sounds like you're dealing with a common issue many pet owners face with seat covers. While the official Tesla dog seat cover is indeed high quality, finding a way to keep it secure can be tricky. Some folks have had success using rubberized mats or blankets for added grip. Alternatively, you might want to look into the TESERY Tesla Model 3 seat covers for a snug fit. They're designed with pet owners in mind and could offer the stability you need. Check them out here.

Reactions: dronus
Hi there! It sounds like you're dealing with a common issue many pet owners face with seat covers. While the official Tesla dog seat cover is indeed high quality, finding a way to keep it secure can be tricky. Some folks have had success using rubberized mats or blankets for added grip. Alternatively, you might want to look into the TESERY Tesla Model 3 seat covers for a snug fit. They're designed with pet owners in mind and could offer the stability you need. Check them out here.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up, ill go have a look now!

Has anyone fitted any protection for the back of the rear seats for when they are folded down? I have x-car mats everywhere else but I can’t seem to find them for the m3h for the back of the seats to protect them when folded down and I have a roll of carpet to put in there.
It sounds like you're looking for some solid protection for the back of the seats in your M3H, especially when they're folded down. That's a smart move to keep your car looking pristine. While x-car mats are great for the floors, you're right that it's a bit trickier to find coverage for the seats.

For a comprehensive solution, you might want to consider seat covers. TESERY Tesla Model Y Seat Covers could be a good fit, even for the M3H. They're designed to protect and they're easy to clean, which is perfect for when you're hauling more than just passengers.

Our Highland with the indicators & gear selector stalks back where they belong.
Works together with SmartShift, the touchscreen gear selector & the stupid buttons.
stalks-sm.jpg

Our Highland with the indicators & gear selector stalks back where they belong.
Works together with SmartShift, the touchscreen gear selector & the stupid buttons.View attachment 1057130
lol, definitely glad there are options for those who can't or won't use the buttons.

Definitely not for me, I wouldn't go back to stalks even if Tesla offered them fully installed for free.

Reactions: Brando_o and dronus
lol, definitely glad there are options for those who can't or won't use the buttons.

Definitely not for me, I wouldn't go back to stalks even if Tesla offered them fully installed for free.
yeah going back n forward swiping gears screen is super easy and I love the buttons too buuttt i see where both could work

for example quick manouvering requirements busy street wanting to do 3 point turn, way faster to use stalk with muscle memory vs looking up to ensure in correct gear

And turning and indicating going opposite ways whilst steering wheel is upside down > stalks again this way easier and faster

But day to day changing lanes, reversing out of driveway etc the buttons and swipe work well

overall great to have both options IMO

yeah going back n forward swiping gears screen is super easy and I love the buttons too buuttt i see where both could work

for example quick manouvering requirements busy street wanting to do 3 point turn, way faster to use stalk with muscle memory vs looking up to ensure in correct gear

And turning and indicating going opposite ways whilst steering wheel is upside down > stalks again this way easier and faster

But day to day changing lanes, reversing out of driveway etc the buttons and swipe work well

overall great to have both options IMO

Hmm I agree it's good to have the option, but I disagree with both scenarios, I find the gear shifting equal to using the stalks now, but I find the buttons much better than the stalks. It really doesn't matter to me what position the wheel is in, I am able to use either indicator without thinking about it. Roundabouts are the obvious ones, but I also had a different experience which I've relayed before when I had a hotel I was staying at where there was a more than 90 degree left turn on to one street and then another 90 right immediately into the driveway. I'd been doing the indicating for that, which is a different situation to anything I'd done before, for three days before I even realised I was doing it.

I just don't think you'd be doing both without making it a much worse experience on both as your muscle memory would be all over the place. It'd have to be one or the other.

Hmm I agree it's good to have the option, but I disagree with both scenarios, I find the gear shifting equal to using the stalks now, but I find the buttons much better than the stalks. It really doesn't matter to me what position the wheel is in, I am able to use either indicator without thinking about it. Roundabouts are the obvious ones, but I also had a different experience which I've relayed before when I had a hotel I was staying at where there was a more than 90 degree left turn on to one street and then another 90 right immediately into the driveway. I'd been doing the indicating for that, which is a different situation to anything I'd done before, for three days before I even realised I was doing it.

I just don't think you'd be doing both without making it a much worse experience on both as your muscle memory would be all over the place. It'd have to be one or the other.
ok for example this is where the steering wheel gets me, exiting my work car park, i have to swing the steering wheel around to do almost a full turn, the wheel is facing upside down, and I have to indicate to go right, I always get confused and indicate left instead haha

so situations like this not having to think about do I press up or down on the wheel to go left or right would come in handy with the stalk

3 point turns yeah agree better now since update haven't had 1 miss swipe, 100% accuracy now with the smaller surface area for swiping

ok for example this is where the steering wheel gets me, exiting my work car park, i have to swing the steering wheel around to do almost a full turn, the wheel is facing upside down, and I have to indicate to go right, I always get confused and indicate left instead haha

so situations like this not having to think about do I press up or down on the wheel to go left or right would come in handy with the stalk

3 point turns yeah agree better now since update haven't had 1 miss swipe, 100% accuracy now with the smaller surface area for swiping

Yeah, I guess I just grab the wheel with the other hand as it spins and the buttons have enough 'feel' plus the memory of which is left/right for each thumb just gets me in the right spot.

Again though, very happy for those who want to have stalks to have the option, I just don't think they are better and I think trying to use both in various situations would make it much harder than using either.

Reactions: Mes1 and dronus

I re-learned a new muscle memory fairly quickly.

I know the shape of the steering wheel by feel, and know which button is where using the wheel as a reference. I can do it as instinctively as using a stalk was, maybe even moreso as i can keep both hands closer to the wheel without having to let go and find the stalk.

Kind of like picking your nose with your finger, then do it with your eyes shut using your face as a reference to find your nostril.

• Funny
Reactions: Mes1 and Jules22