Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Tech do you use to clean the exterior of your car? I seem to recall you do a foam wash and then use a Big Boi to dry it, yes?
Yes, and I’m no expert here, just learning as I go.

I use this foam gun with this foam stuff (or the autoglym one) to get rid of the heavy stuff

IMG_0767.jpeg

And then give it a warm wash using this goop

IMG_0768.jpeg

And then give it a dry with this bad boy

IMG_0769.jpeg

Reactions: BTRProducer
Yes, and I’m no expert here, just learning as I go.

I use this foam gun with this foam stuff (or the autoglym one) to get rid of the heavy stuff

View attachment 1052723

And then give it a warm wash using this goop

View attachment 1052724

And then give it a dry with this bad boy

View attachment 1052725
Thanks for sharing. Going to take the missus for a romantic trip to Bunnings this afternoon to have a look at stuff. Might even buy her a snag if she let's me spend some money today.

Thanks for sharing. Going to take the missus for a romantic trip to Bunnings this afternoon to have a look at stuff. Might even buy her a snag if she let's me spend some money today.
The pressure washer I have for the foam gun is just one from Aldi. Strange place to buy a pressure washer but it’s been heaps reliable for home use. I’m sure there are better ones. The foam gun itself was from repco I think, occasionally they have “sales” so worth waiting for. Bogboi dryer was from repco on sale too.

If you are looking for foam guns I can advise against the ryobi one at Bunnings. It was no good producing foam for the car but seems ok for cleaning the driveway or spraying lawn fertiliser.

IMG_0770.jpeg

The pressure washer I have for the foam gun is just one from Aldi. Strange place to buy a pressure washer but it’s been heaps reliable for home use. I’m sure there are better ones. The foam gun itself was from repco I think, occasionally they have “sales” so worth waiting for. Bogboi dryer was from repco on sale too.

If you are looking for foam guns I can advise against the ryobi one at Bunnings. It was no good producing foam for the car but seems ok for cleaning the driveway or spraying lawn fertiliser.

View attachment 1052729
Thanks for the tips. With EOFY sales on this month now seems the right time to get something. I want to use it next weekend before we drive down to the Gold Coast for dinner with some friends. Want the car looking it's best to show it off. 😂

Reactions: dronus
The Big Boi pressure washer (Washr Flo) has been great for me. I gave mine a wash yesterday.

Snow foam with Gyeon Q2M foam
Rinse
Hand wash with Meguires Gold Wash - usually use Bowdens Nanolicious but wanted to try something else.
I use 3x buckets (wash, rinse, and a separate one for the wheels), and always use a separate wash mitt for wheels. Gyeon, Bowdens etc all make great wash mitts.
Rinse with deionized water
Blow dry with Big Boi mini+
Meguires glass cleaner
Bowdens sweet rubber (tyre black)
Gyeon interior detailing spray for all interior surfaces

The washing process does usually take around 2.5 hours for me but I enjoy it, and I do the door jambs and boot as there’s always a tonne of water. Washing every 1-2 weeks is ideal and keeps the process relatively simple with less baked on crud, especially if you have a good coating.

IMG_7445.jpeg

The Big Boi pressure washer (Washr Flo) has been great for me. I gave mine a wash yesterday.

Rinse
Hand wash with Meguires Gold Wash - usually use Bowdens Nanolicious but wanted to try something else.
I use 3x buckets (wash, rinse, and a separate one for the wheels), and always use a separate wash mitt for wheels. Gyeon, Bowdens etc all make great wash mitts.
Meguires glass cleaner

The washing process does usually take around 2.5 hours for me but I enjoy it, and I do the door jambs and boot as there’s always a tonne of water. Washing every 1-2 weeks is ideal and keeps the process relatively simple with less baked on crud, especially if you have a good coating.

View attachment 1052759
Do you take the hub caps off when spraying onto the tyres?

Rinse
Meguires glass cleaner

View attachment 1052759
Do you put it in Carwash Mode first? That closes off the inlet to the cabin thereby preventing any water getting to the cabin air filter (at least according to a YouTube video I watched where a guy was exploring ways to prevent water in the filter causing odours in the cabin).

Reactions: dronus
Do you put it in Carwash Mode first? That closes off the inlet to the cabin thereby preventing any water getting to the cabin air filter (at least according to a YouTube video I watched where a guy was exploring ways to prevent water in the filter causing odours in the cabin).
I don’t. I figure that unless I put my car into carwash mode when it rains, there is something else diverting the water.
I think that musty thing was happening in older cars and they have fixed the design now.

View attachment 1052729
I have the aldi pressure washer, works well. Amd I have the meguirs foam cannon, that foams up nicely with the right car shampoo

So in frustrating news, we made a request to our property manager to see if the owners would grant us permission to get an additional power point installed in the garage that we could use to charge the car overnight.

Offered to pay for it ourselves, but they came back and said no. Their reason? An additional power point would increase their insurance!!

I know landlords are generally scummy, and ours most definitely are. But before we go and try and ask again, anyone here know if they could be right? My guess is they're misunderstood our request, and think we want to install actual EV charging. Does that increase insurance premiums?

So in frustrating news, we made a request to our property manager to see if the owners would grant us permission to get an additional power point installed in the garage that we could use to charge the car overnight.

Offered to pay for it ourselves, but they came back and said no. Their reason? An additional power point would increase their insurance!!

I know landlords are generally scummy, and ours most definitely are. But before we go and try and ask again, anyone here know if they could be right? My guess is they're misunderstood our request, and think we want to install actual EV charging. Does that increase insurance premiums?
Dont know how an additional power point can affect insurance, maybe they did misunderstand. If they dont allow it, is there at least 1 powerpoint in there that you can use. Maybe auto roller door plug. You could always unplug roller door and connect charger. Just a suggestion but you could probably get a good quality double adapter and make sure you dont open roller door when car is on charger.

Dont know how an additional power point can affect insurance, maybe they did misunderstand. If they dont allow it, is there at least 1 powerpoint in there that you can use. Maybe auto roller door plug. You could always unplug roller door and connect charger. Just a suggestion but you could probably get a good quality double adapter and make sure you dont open roller door when car is on charger.
That's what we've been doing the last week since we bough the UMC. Just an annoying extra step to have to unplug the garage door unit.

We already have a double adaptor on that socket, because it's also powering a security camera that monitors our front door while we're at work.

But if there was a double adaptor that people recommended, I would get rid of the camera and do what you suggest.

Anyone know of a suitable product?

I can't speak to their insurance, but my regular homeowner's insurance doesn't care about an EV charger and certainly doesn't care about the number of power outlets.