Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frankly speaking, After my 500+km of driving I didn't find the stalks as a show stopper of any sort. Yes in very weird steering positions I am skipping switching indicators which I wouldn't have if there were stalks. But it is not really a value add as those cases where when the vehicle is exiting a mall or similar situations I am not conveying lot of usable information to guy following with such quick indicator switching, but that I am unlearning and relearning a muscle memory effect. Compare that to how some people with their merc/bmw/audis etc still drive in this country in multilane traffic as if they don't know what an indicator is!!!.

This weekend I went for a test drive of all BYD cars including Dolphin. They are really good tech-wise and reliabilty-wise to match the clunky 10 year old aging tech in a toyoto camry or yaris or any other legacy automaker models which they can easily replace and are very reliable also. But once you are used to the finesse of something like a tesla it is almost impossible to like any other car including the premium ones like Mercs and BMWs atleast at this point in time.

The only time it catches me a little is a quick left then quick right turn to indicate, but its very rare, and these instances I just go slower into the turn to give myself time to bring wheel back to position to indicate other way

i only qualify for the stamp duty rebate which I submitted the application for last Saturday. I think it takes 5-15 working days to process. Checked a few hrs ago and status is still “submitted”.

Not aware of any other rebates, not for NSW anyways.

I submitted mine Feb 5th, still "submitted" stage, they replied backlog now its more like 20-25 business days till response arghh

Picked up mine today overall the car seems good so far. Looks great and very smooth to drive. Effortless power. Stalks and touch screen biggest storm in a tea cup - pretty easy to get used to.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of you I got a poorly aligned LED strip and door on both sides which has left me a bit disappointed for a $75k car. Which has left me a little flat. I’ve logged a service call but concerned whether they will take it seriously or not.

congrats on ze car yay blue!

lights issue tho not sure what can be done without them ripping apart your car and potentially causing other issues noises rattles down track?

Ask for some sort of compensation instead, free / discounted FSD/ free supercharging and ignore it? It doesn't appear to be that bad

Ever wondered what happens if you park on a hill and dont shift out of drive?

IMG_9531.jpeg

Either the Tesla does it for you, or Tay Tay does..

Likewise, tho I still won't post it here in the off chance they are actually crooked and I just can't see it 🤣

You guys are lucky. I know it seems minor but it is actually really annoying and has really taken away from my whole experience.

Reading all these horror stories on here that people are stuck with misaligned dashboards to door trim (across different models). I felt like I didn't get the chance to reject at delivery and they pushed me to just submit a service request. Such a bummer and pains me to look at.

Service request still pending..

Reactions: dronus
On my recent trip over to victoria i worked out that all of the dogs supplies fit inside this small suitcase, and the suitcase fit perfectly in the frunk.
This made it super easy when pulling in to charge stops to not have to dig around in the boot, but just pop the frunk to grab his water and water bowl, toys etc.

Very handy!

View attachment 1024779
Im actually reconsidering getting these

No, because once I was waiting for my son at his sport, the car was in “Hold” mode, and I didn’t bother putting it into Park. But after 5 minutes, it shifted to Park automatically. This is in the manual somewhere.
I think i was just getting lazy haha. I had pulled up and was on the phone dont think i even had mx foot on thd brake.
It was prompting me to press the accelerator to drive and im like thats weird, then it shifted. I thought that was pretty cool,

Reactions: Jules22
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but apparently this M3H review by Jay Leno is good

Couple of interesting points in the discussion:

• Highland apparently has active shutters in the front (lower) grille. They will open and close as more or less cooling air is required for the gizzards.
  • I'm pretty sure the Tesla guys said that they have added capability in s/w such that even if the battery is full, the olde worlde friction brakes will operate in such a way as to simulate regenerative braking... so it should still be a one-pedal driving experience irrespective of battery SoC.

I'm pretty sure the Tesla guys said that they have added capability in s/w such that even if the battery is full, the olde worlde friction brakes will operate in such a way as to simulate regenerative braking
Yeah, I don't notice any difference in the regen at all at 100% (M3H RWD LFP). In the 2020 LR Model 3 there definitely was a big difference when the battery was full.