Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
Probably just better to have a list of places that will insure it, people can get their own pricing.

In VIC for a MYP this is who I found will insure. Westpac/Allianz were the cheapest in my circumstance however cant get Allianz to cover a 2023 model (yet)

• Allianz
  • QBE
  • AAMI
  • RACV
  • Westpac
Shannons were competitively priced for for a MYP. 31 year old male driver, $2087 per year with a $1500 excess. Nataurally premium can be reduced with a higher excess. Got a quote from AAMI as well $4933, laughed and hung up.

Edit: In Melbourne

Last edited:
Paglia seems to be on the move again and has left Port Kembla. It says "Destination not available" but im assuming Melbourne.
Should be moving into the actual port at Port Kembla I assume? Has been anchored off shore for the last few days. Has a arrival booked for 7am tomorrow morning

Tue 14 Feb 07:02ARRIVALPAGLIAVEHICLES CARRIERAGE:WSSBRISBANEAAT PORT KEMBLA TERMINAL (105)NO

Reactions: Way Downunder
Paglia delayed into port Kembla another day to Wednesday
1676269957480.jpeg

Reactions: Dreumus
Weird feeling just now - went to the servo for possibly my last time! MY delivery due next week but I had to put some fuel in the old ICE car that'll be sold soon after and it struck me that I may not be back in a servo for a long time if ever (assuming EVs will only gain mainstream use and I don't go back).

Got an iced coffee to celebrate / commiserate.

How peculiar!

So with recent information of the price hikes in insurance policies I have just decided to purchase my policy now. Allianz has drastically increased the price, and I feel others may do the same.

I was able to complete a quote, and have a policy ready to start for the 24th Feb (My current EDD) through Westpac using only the VIN number, not needing the rego. Total cost with $1500 excess and windscreen excess was $1850 annually. For those that are planning to put custom plates on you can probably do the same by adding in your registration as you know what it will be?

Worst case scenario is I pay insurance for a couple of weeks for a car I don't own but beats paying the $700 increase in price that Alliance have implemented, and possibly that others might do the same.

Reactions: fizzle and MartinP4
So with recent information of the price hikes in insurance policies I have just decided to purchase my policy now. Allianz has drastically increased the price, and I feel others may do the same.

I was able to complete a quote, and have a policy ready to start for the 24th Feb (My current EDD) through Westpac using only the VIN number, not needing the rego. Total cost with $1500 excess and windscreen excess was $1850 annually. For those that are planning to put custom plates on you can probably do the same by adding in your registration as you know what it will be?

Worst case scenario is I pay insurance for a couple of weeks for a car I don't own but beats paying the $700 increase in price that Alliance have implemented, and possibly that others might do the same.
What market price did you manage to get with Westpac? Tops out at 105 I think?

Just ran a quote with Shannon’s for shits and giggles and it came out really good.
I found the same. Not as good as previous Allianz, but since Allianz is not longer an option, Shannon’s is cheapest. However, has anyone actually had to make a claim and how was that process of claiming and repairing? At least with the bigger companies (not the budget ones), they have a reputation to protect.

Reactions: ooky2
Just ran a quote with Shannon’s for shits and giggles and it came out really good. Lowest yet. $1800 yearly, with monthly option at no extra cost. $1000 excess, excess free windscreen (one period of insurance which I guess means yearly?) and agreed value at $97k. Bumped it to $107k and it’s just $68 bucks more!
I might go ahead with it now!
I just ran a quote through Shannons with the same details as I did with Westpac, annual premium of $2,700~

Westpac by far the cheapest for me.

State specific to begin with but I don’t believe there is any day one orders for MYRWD left. But still plenty to get through for the eastern states from the first month or two still by the looks. I mainly been keeping an eye on the west where I am which seems to be at November / December orders for next vins beside the classic MSM with Black interior which is still mid October.
still no PYD Vins for WA asfaik😭