Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of inbound Ships carrying vehicles preparing to dock or currently awaiting to dock off the east coast of Oz I read an interesting article regarding delivery of ship carrying vehicles.

All of our Tesla's coming to Oz have to come in by ships (in fact all cars now - not just Tesla's). Close to this time last year around 3000 customers in the US awaiting Audis, Porsche, VW's and Bentleys brands being transported from Germany on board the ship 'Felicity Ace' learnt that they would not be taking delivery of their new cars.

All crew on board were rescued but the burnt ship under tow to Portugal sunk along with all its expensive cargo. There have been 8 major car carrying vessel incidents since 2002. As more and more vessels will contain greater numbers of EV's shipping lines are now looking at new ways to contain fires. The main risk is the number of vehicles on board (some roll on roll off ships can carry up to 4000 cars) - being closely parked hinders the ability to contain the fire and the risk of spreading is heightened. One study showed that Petrol vehicles when on fire can get to temperatures around 600 degrees whilst EV's get to around 1200 degrees.

So the current delays of us patiently waiting for our cars to arrive due to potential biosecurity (bugs/seeds) and quarantine concerns coming into Oz are just another risk that manufacturers and shipping lines need to plan - not just risk of potential fires.

Attachments

• Felicity Ace.jpg
    Felicity Ace.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: The Skeezer
Weird feeling just now - went to the servo for possibly my last time! MY delivery due next week but I had to put some fuel in the old ICE car that'll be sold soon after and it struck me that I may not be back in a servo for a long time if ever (assuming EVs will only gain mainstream use and I don't go back).
If you're feeling nostalgic you can always drop by to use their compressed air!

still no PYD Vins for WA asfaik😭
Still find it nuts we’ve seen nothing in WA this quarter still, legit think they’ve seen we are further ahead then the east so instead of increasing production there they’ve just cut our portion of the production.

Anyway I won’t go to detailed into it but Swift ace and marguerite ace are still underway. If these have any vins tomorrow is probably their last chance to show it otherwise I’d write them off.

Swallow ace docked in Perth yesterday and it was a NAPEX vessel which teslas seem to love but we were neglected. The next one of them pulls into Shanghai this weekend so that would be the next probably candidate but we wouldn’t see vins until late next week from that. That ones called mermaid ace. If mermaid ace is this quarters only carrier, it will only make it to Perth by end of March if it continues to Perth after Singapore however noting the delay between unloading and deliveries, early April is most likely.

Perth delivery centre is going to have a quiet March.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
I found the same. Not as good as previous Allianz, but since Allianz is not longer an option, Shannon’s is cheapest. However, has anyone actually had to make a claim and how was that process of claiming and repairing? At least with the bigger companies (not the budget ones), they have a reputation to protect.
Have been with Shannon’s for years and they have been brilliant. Home insurance is with them now as well.

I had a no fault claim that was put through and the car repaired within 48 hours.

Afternoon all

Time for my weekly pulse of this forum but asked this time in a different way. Please post your date/ time of order, config and state if you fit into the bucket below

- RWD order; and
- Day 1 order; and
- Still no VIN or any comms from Tesla on EDD; and
- Not in WA (you guys are already sitting pretty)

Main reason for this is to again shatter the hopes and dreams of us late June and July (and thereafter as well) orderers(?) by showing how many Day 1 orders not yet fulfilled. Nothing would make me happier than to get no responses to this post but I suspect there's more out there than we might think.

Go on, crush our spirits.
I'm bored so I'll join you on your quest.

- RWD order (Specs below in footer)
- Ordered 9/01/2023
- No VIN EDD still at Feb-May 2023
- Brisbane

Viking Passama is due to leave Brisbane in the early hours of Thursday morning after docking Wednesday. And the Paglia is due to leave PK on Friday. So VK in to PK (same docking point as Paglia, 105) on Saturday is possible. Surprised with no delays into PK but great for Sydney people if correct.