Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think week starting 27th Feb is more realistic, by the looks of things.
Most likely delivery text messages will only be sent out next week with picking up the week after.
That's my guess anyway
Yep. I popped into Tesla in Miranda (Southern SYD) on Wednesday. SA looked up my order and said that IF my MYP is on the Paglia then depending on how many vehicles get offloaded at Port Kembla then my delivery is probably a couple of weeks away.
Week beginning 27th Feb is looking hopeful.

Yep. I popped into Tesla in Miranda (Southern SYD) on Wednesday. SA looked up my order and said that IF my MYP is on the Paglia then depending on how many vehicles get offloaded at Port Kembla then my delivery is probably a couple of weeks away.
Week beginning 27th Feb is looking hopeful.
What’s the earliest EDD range anyone has in Syd as of today? Mine starts at 26th Feb. my assumption is it updated because Paglia docked yesterday.

An update video from Wu Wa:

Caption reads:
"Some time ago, some friends have been asking about the shutdown of Tesla's Shanghai factory. These days, we got the information that the Shanghai factory will be upgraded in batches by the end of February to meet the revised Model 3, which means that the production line of Model 3 will not be a complete shutdown and transformation. This time the upgrade is different from the past, simply to improve production capacity. So, we saw at the site of Tesla's Shanghai factory that the factory is still running normally. Last year, the new Model 3 plans have been revealed, the internal development code "Highland", the main goal is to further streamline the internal design and thereby reduce the number of internal components, to achieve the goal of reducing production costs. It is said that this facelift includes the vehicle touch screen design, steering wheel design may change, part of the body shape, power output performance may also be different from the current model."

Hopefully more resources will be put onto the MY production line to clear backlogs whilst there are interruptions to the M3 line.

Speaking of which. Even if it docks and unloads: how long does it take for the trucks to take cars to the delivery centres? They can only carry 6 cars at a time!
A friend sent me this one 2 days ago (Sutherland shire area):

Apparently he’s been seeing these trucks every day for the past month…

I'm not 100% sure about your state but they usually go off to a third party location (like CEVA) for inspections, take off wrapping , clean and then get taken in batches to the delivery centres for pick up. It can be awhile before you get the text to make your pick up booking and then another wait for the actual day to arrive. Then finally you get your car and you can begin to forget about how frustrating the wait was.

Reactions: Way Downunder