Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A request to those MYP people in Bris/Syd picking up their car in the next week or whenever....... it's normal to drop off this list soon after, but can someone please post if these cars have come with:
1. USS
2. BOOT (cargo) cover
3. Portable charger.

Ta

Pls no replies as to opinions, just fact so as not to confuse ;)

A request to those MYP people in Bris/Syd picking up their car in the next week or whenever....... it's normal to drop off this list soon after, but can someone please post if these cars have come with:
1. USS
2. BOOT (cargo) cover
3. Portable charger.

Ta

Someone who took delivery already gave this info. Have a read and find out. 😉

Reactions: Bogan
1. USS
2. BOOT (cargo) cover
3. Portable charger.

Ta

Good news, it's already been confirmed by Jason who picked up his MYP a week ago. USS yes, parcel shelf/cargo cover no, portable charger yes (as they ordered before cut off AND/or it's a delivery in Q1)

Reactions: krylonos
My opinion and perspective on this

I actually think there are very few Y RWD orders that are 'late'. Whilst we still might be waiting for some June/July orders to arrive I think they had the EDD of Feb-May.

Day 1 orders were just sooo huge! The first delivery tranche period of Aug-Nov sold out by 2.30pm on Day 1 and then began Nov-Feb tranche 2 delivery period which went from Day 1 2:30 to June 13th, then from June 13th it became tranche 3 delivery range of Feb-May

There has been orders that have been assigned VINs that are out of order sequence. The August-November EDD tranche was pretty much in order placed but after that there have been people that ordered much later in the year still get their car last year. Tesla don't build cars to order, they look at the order book months in advance, assess then build 5000 white, 2000 black, 2000 MSM (all made up numbers!!) then assign to them to people on the order books. If you get MSM car 1999 then woohoo but if you were MSM order 2001 then bad luck until next run.

tl;dr there are June orders which have always had Feb-May EDDs so aren't late
Agree, I think they're on time according to schedule with the volume of Day 1 orders. The point is that if you are a post Day 1 order, don't be too optimistic about anything earlier than May as even Day 1 PM orders are still to be fulfilled.

Day 1 orders were just sooo huge! The first delivery tranche period of Aug-Nov sold out by 2.30pm on Day 1 and then began Nov-Feb tranche 2 delivery period which went from Day 1 2:30 to June 13th, then from June 13th it became tranche 3 delivery range of Feb-May
I'm intrigued about the delivery tranche's.

For context, placed an order earlier this week for a MY SR red, white interior and 20" induction wheels. My EDD is Apr-Jun 23. \

Where does that fit in do you think?

I actually think there are very few Y RWD orders that are 'late'. Whilst we still might be waiting for some June/July orders to arrive I think they had the EDD of Feb-May.

There has been orders that have been assigned VINs that are out of order sequence. The August-November EDD tranche was pretty much in order placed but after that there have been people that ordered much later in the year still get their car last year. Tesla don't build cars to order, they look at the order book months in advance, assess then build 5000 white, 2000 black, 2000 MSM (all made up numbers!!) then assign to them to people on the order books. If you get MSM car 1999 then woohoo but if you were MSM order 2001 then bad luck until next run.

Definitely the most cost effective way to run a production line.

I've ordered my MYP on 22/11 with an EDD of APR - JUN, still a long way to go but will be interesting to see when it actually lands based on this timeline.

This was awesome btw thanks for that
It paints a very clear picture that Feb-May is very possible for the RWD group.

i’ve had a theory for awhile, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to share it. I think that people who thought were on the paglia were actually on Viking Passama and vice versa and that is why my current estimate delivery date is starting in a week’s time. We have all made the assumption that the first cars that were put into RAV were on Paglia, but maybe they were actually on VP.

• Informative
Reactions: joseph.luppino
i’ve had a theory for awhile, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to share it. I think that people who thought were on the paglia were actually on Viking Passama and vice versa and that is why my current estimate delivery date is starting in a week’s time. We have all made the assumption that the first cars that were put into RAV were on Paglia, but maybe they were actually on VP.
What led you to this theory?

1. USS
2. BOOT (cargo) cover
3. Portable charger.

Ta

All you had to do was read the thread from less than a week ago ..

I'm intrigued about the delivery tranche's.

For context, placed an order earlier this week for a MY SR red, white interior and 20" induction wheels. My EDD is Apr-Jun 23. \

Where does that fit in do you think?

Well for the Y RWDs using my naming because I can't think of a better term but could also be delivery window :)

You're EDD is in what I'd call Tranche 4. There are multiple ships per tranche - maybe 6-9 ships in that date range so until your VIN is assigned you won't know if you are at the beginning or the end but always stay hopeful and who knows there might be a cancellation with your choices and you get your car early.

Delivery tranche 1: August to November '22 (for orders placed June 10th '22 until 2:30pm
Delivery tranche 2: November to February '23 (for orders placed June 10th after 2:20 until June 13th)
Delivery tranche 3: February to May '23 (for orders placed June 13th until a flexible date that changed according to which state you're in but anywhere from December/January I think). Note this is a 4month window and is 2mths in Q1 and 2 months in Q2 so is likely to see the delivery of a lot of cars
Delivery Tranche 4: April- June '23 (orders from Jan/Feb depending on state)

For the MYP it's different again
Delivery tranche 1 (Nov-Feb'22) and delivery tranche 2 (Feb-March) were combined into a new Jan-March'23 and we've only just seen the first ship(s) arrive for deliveries so they will be pushing it to get them in time but there is still 6 weeks left and the port chaos is out of everyone's control. Best case scenario people get their vin assigned before end of March but still have to wait for their car. This tranche is orders from Day 1 10th June until maybe December '22 - sorry not too sure on those dates
Delivery Tranche 2: April-June '23 orders from December '22 onwards

If anyone know the dates things changed for the closing of Feb-May I'd love to know/

Reactions: JNTOZ
What led you to this theory?
The timing of EDD updates.
My dates didn’t change for almost 2 weeks (15Feb-8March) and I didn’t get a RAV entry until yesterday.
I assumed I was on VP because of this and I would get a pushed EDD once it docked into Port Kembla.
Then suddenly I get a RAV entry when Paglia docked and the EDD only changed by 10 day, which is consistent with the Paglia delay into PK. Now I see some people that had RAV entries much earlier are getting their delivery dates pushed into the future, and this might be because they actually are on VP.
This is all conjecture and wishful thinking anyway. My EDD could change again once VP docks tomorrow and that would make me rethink the whole thing 😂